ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Fiance visa before divorce is finalised??

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Stu13
Newly Registered

Fiance visa before divorce is finalised??

Post by Stu13 » Tue Jan 16, 2007 8:27 am

I notice from the Uk visas website that you can apply for a fiance visa before your divorce is fully sorted and was wondering whether anyone has experience of this. The information I have read is at
http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk/servlet/Front ... 5796295766

For info I am planning on applying for a fiance visa shortly after my divorce is filed here in Scotland. The financial side of things will be settled and signed and also missives will be signed by both parties to agree on all matters relating to the divorce. The guidlines for the time for divorce to go through is 6 to 8 weeks here in Scotland so that should give us plenty of time to get married during the 6 months the visa will be valid for.

I will be applying in Kiev, Ukriane so if anyone has experience of this office it would be appreciated. Also any experience of the time taken in Ukraine to make a descision on a settlement visa would be good as well.

Thanks for any advice anyone can offer.

Stu13
Newly Registered

Post by Stu13 » Wed Feb 14, 2007 6:25 am

Can anyone advise of the likelyhood of getting a fiance visa before divorce is filed? There has been a slight delay and it now looks like I will be at the stage of a settlement agreement signed up and ready to file for divorce when I had planned to go to apply for the fiance visa. Please tell me if I would be wasting my time or not. It means another trip for both of us and a delay if I have to wait until the divorce is actually filed for.