ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Eligibility Question

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

basitali

ILR Eligibility Question

Post by basitali » Thu Sep 13, 2012 2:57 pm

Dear Forum Members,

I have a quick question regarding my eligibility for ILR. I got my HSMP visa on 23 of November 2007 which I extended from my Student visa in UK. I extended my HSMP visa to Tier 1 in 2009 which is valid upto 23 November 2012.

I have already booked an PEO appointment at 25 October 2012 to apply for ILR. Please can some one confirm if I'm eligible to apply for ILR on 25 October?

Ozair

Post by Ozair » Thu Sep 13, 2012 3:45 pm

28 days before 23rd November is 26th October, you should cancel your october appointment as it is likely to be rejected and book a new appointment after 26th October

uksettlement
India

Post by uksettlement » Thu Sep 13, 2012 5:37 pm

also once you have booked 26th can you then release 25th for someone who needs the appointment then please.
Thanks!

Disclaimer: I am no immigration lawyer nor am I OISC qualified. Suggestions given by me are based on personal experience of dealing with UKBA. Don't treat my advice as a substitute for legal opinion.

basitali

Account overdrawn

Post by basitali » Mon Oct 01, 2012 4:21 pm

Dear forum members, I just has a quick question, I will be applying for ILR at the end of this month on the basis of 2 year HSMP and 3 year Tier 1. I'm earning £50k per anum and I also satisfy all the other requirements of the form.

I just had one question before I apply, that is, my current account was overdrawn every month to £2900 pounds. I'm just worried can they refuse my visa on the basis my account is over drawn, even though that overdraft limit is agreed as part of my premier account. Please can some one guide.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Mon Oct 01, 2012 4:26 pm

Shouldn't be an issue.

Do you have savings in any other account(s)?
Will you be applying in person or by post?
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

basitali

Post by basitali » Mon Oct 01, 2012 4:30 pm

sushdmehta wrote:Shouldn't be an issue.

Do you have savings in any other account(s)?
Will you be applying in person or by post?
I'm applying in person. Yes I have about £750 each in other two accounts. Also, I paid my overdraft and my current account balance is almost £1500 now. Is this OK? Please kindly advise.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Mon Oct 01, 2012 4:34 pm

Like I said, I don't think it will be an issue ... there is no requirement for maintenance funds or min. savings when applying for settlement.

To be on a safe side, just carry a couple of months' of statements of the saving account(s) ... in case a stupid caseworker questions your ability to maintain yourself (and dependant, if any) despite an annual income of 50K! :wink:

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Sat Oct 27, 2012 4:41 pm

basitali wrote:Yesterday I was amazed that I have been granted ILR at Sheffield PEO in less than one and half hour. I applied on the basis of HSMP (2 Years) + Tier 1 (3 Years). I claimed 105 points (20 Age, 55k salary so 45 points, 5 point for UK experience and 35 points for Masters). I have only 70 absences in 5 years. Our appointment is at 1:30 pm, we reached there at 1:00 pm. Service is very quick we have our application checked and fee paid with in 20 mins. Then we have bio metrics done in about 15 mins (me and Wife). Then out case is assigned to case worker in 10 mins. He told me that he is now looking at my case and if we have copies of docs. I have so I gave him the copies. He told me it will take him atleast 1 hour to review my application and advised me to wait. Surprisingly after 10 min I got called again by the counter. I was worried but couldn't believe my ears when he said both me and my wife has been granted ILR. He didn't even ask me single question and I don't think he bothered to review all supporting docs. All good as whole process took 1:15 mins to complete.

Thanks for all of you to give valuable advise.

Basit Farooq

[Moderator edit: No advertising]