ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Processing times - Non-acquisition of British Citizenship

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

cuberoot

Processing times - Non-acquisition of British Citizenship

Post by cuberoot » Fri Sep 07, 2012 9:48 am

Before I apply for British Citizenship, I would like to apply for retention of my existing citizenship. As part of this, I need proof of non-acquisition of British Citizenship.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/briti ... t-british/

Is anybody familiar with this process? I have completed the forms and payments slips, but have not received a response yet and they have not taken payment. The application form says that the application should take 10 working days. It has been over 15 working days now. I have tried to call them to confirm they have my application, but cannot get through to a human.

Anybody have any suggestions?

cuberoot

Post by cuberoot » Sat Sep 08, 2012 4:26 pm

Has anybody on the forum got experience with this? I would love some information.

barnaby

Re: Processing times - Non-acquisition of British Citizenshi

Post by barnaby » Sat Sep 08, 2012 6:54 pm

cuberoot wrote:Before I apply for British Citizenship, I would like to apply for retention of my existing citizenship. As part of this, I need proof of non-acquisition of British Citizenship.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/briti ... t-british/

Is anybody familiar with this process? I have completed the forms and payments slips, but have not received a response yet and they have not taken payment. The application form says that the application should take 10 working days. It has been over 15 working days now. I have tried to call them to confirm they have my application, but cannot get through to a human.

Anybody have any suggestions?
My wife did this in 2010, to renew her passport. I can't remember the dates but I remember it was pretty fast.

cuberoot

Post by cuberoot » Sun Sep 09, 2012 5:14 pm

Ok, thanks for the information. I think my application may have been lost in the mail then.

I will resend it, this time with recorded delivery, so that I can stop worrying if they are processing it or not.

I should have known, *always* use recorded delivery when dealing with immigration.

neo
Newly Registered

Post by neo » Fri Sep 28, 2012 5:59 pm

Hi cuberoot, I guess you have received the reply for the first one and not yet the second. I think it was not letter missing just they are too slow.

kelkykenny
Newly Registered

Post by kelkykenny » Mon Oct 01, 2012 7:25 pm

we did ours before applying for our BC. we applied in the june and only got it towards the end of July....it took a lot longer than the time frames they quoted!