ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Housing Report for UK Spouse Visa

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

saw87
Newly Registered

Housing Report for UK Spouse Visa

Post by saw87 » Mon Oct 01, 2012 7:33 pm

Dear Members,

My partner (a Turkish citizen) and I (a British citizen), are currently collecting all of the documents required for our application for UK spouse visa. We plan to submit the application in January 2013.

In September 2011 my local council conducted an inspection of my home and prepared a Housing Report, which we needed to support our application for a visitor visa. The council also wrote a covering letter saying İ had requested the report to be written to support the visitor visa application of my partner.

The set up of the house has not changed at all and I still reside alone in the property. My question is can this report be submitted again in support of our spouse application? Or does the report have an expiry?

Maybe it would be sufficent to ask the council to write a new covering letter confirming the property has not changed and the report is now being used in support of a spouse application?

Any thoughts on this matter would be appreciated!

harv
United Kingdom

Post by harv » Tue Oct 02, 2012 10:11 am

These type of reports are usually valid for three to six months, although they do not carry any expiry dates on them.

Having a Housing Report is not mandatory for Spouse VISA, so it is up to you. You can either make up a small report by yourself with all measurements and photographs or hire a professional to do this for you. I paid around £150 in January 2012 for this.

Hope this helps.
Feb 2012 - Spouse Visa - New Delhi
Mar 2012 - Documents collected - VISA Granted
March 2014 - ILR Granted
Apr 2015 - Applied for Naturalisation
Nov 2015 - Naturalised

saw87
Newly Registered

Post by saw87 » Tue Oct 02, 2012 12:40 pm

Thanks Harv. I paid £180 to my local council to produce the report in September 2011. I really want to avoid having to pay this fee again as the house is still exactly the same.

I think I will submit the same report but ask the council to write a new covering letter to go with it - hopefully they will do that. I am also going to include photographs of all the rooms. We just don't want to leave anything to chance!!