ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Travelling together with the dependent or alone

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Zee_Zee

Travelling together with the dependent or alone

Post by Zee_Zee » Wed Jan 10, 2007 7:18 pm

Hi there,

First of all, I must say thanks to all of all the participants of this forum who helped me from the very intial phases of filing the HSMP application to getting Entry Clearance to the UK.

I would really appreciate expert advice on another question that I have regarding my travel to the UK. Actually, I filed my spouse's application for dependent visa and we both have got visa stamped. When I appeared in the interview for EC, I told them about my intention to travel together with my wife. Now we are thinking that first I should leave and look for job and suitable accomodation and then call her. Would there be any problem if I do this as I have heard that the immigration officer at the airport also ask questions and expect answers in conformity with those given during the Entry Clearance Interview.

Your advice on this shall be highly appreciated.
Regards,

Z Z.

topoftheworld

Post by topoftheworld » Thu Jan 11, 2007 5:02 pm

I think one has to enter the UK within 3 months from the date of stamping (of the HSMP visa)
So, as long as you stick to this, you will be fine.

As far the consistency of the answers at the Immigration, I dont think you will even be asked to give any explanation. If you do, you can honestly explain the true situation.

Hope this helps.

Zee_Zee

Post by Zee_Zee » Thu Jan 11, 2007 8:58 pm

Thanks for your response. Are you sure that this travelling within the 3 months limitation applies to the dependent visa holder as well?
Regards,

Z Z.

Zee_Zee

Any moderators/senior members please help

Post by Zee_Zee » Sun Jan 14, 2007 11:12 am

I would really appreciate if some senior member or moderator respond to my query here.

Thanks in appreciation.
Regards,

Z Z.

freebirds

Post by freebirds » Sun Jan 14, 2007 2:24 pm

hi zee zee, that answers my questions as well .its an answer for everyone.

mate, i have one more doubt. initially we get 2 yrs HSMP visa. and after that we need to apply for FLR. right..so for extention under new rules, does it matter , if we go to UK after 3 months of initial visa.

we all know that we might go within 3 months of EC approval. does this affect us in future when we apply for FLR.
hope am clear in my question.

thanks

rizwan567
Diamond Member

Post by rizwan567 » Tue Jan 16, 2007 9:40 am

Zee, it is better for you that you fly to U.K in the first 3 months after the day your EC was issued. However you can enter U.K anytime on your EC visa in its validity. Immigration personals on airport usually do not stop you entering U.K if you come late like 10th or 11th month of your one year visa. However they have the authority, they can stop you anytime, if they doubt anything. Later you enter the country, more problem you will have for getting extension. So it is advised you enter in the first 3 months of your EC to make your first year count for ILR and in order to avoid one extra 6th year extension to apply for ILR.

Your dependent can come any time to the U.K. With you, after you or anytime as long as EC is valid.

Immigration officer usually ask few general questions, vary from officer to officer and mood to mood.

If your case is based on facts then you need not to worry about the conformity of yours answers... i think you get what I mean.

rizwan567
Diamond Member

Post by rizwan567 » Tue Jan 16, 2007 9:52 am

Freebird, You can enter U.K anytime from (1st to 24th month ) in the U.K after the date of ur EC issuance.

Sooner you go, better it is.

ILR period starts from the day you enter the U.K. You get ILR after spending 4 years and 9-10 months in the U.K. So, if you enter U.K in the first 3 months of your EC is issued then you qualify for ILR in 5 years time and 5 years visa.

If you ener U.K after 3 months of issuance of your EC then you will need to apply for a 6th year HSMP extension to get eligible to apply for ILR.

FLR has to do nothing with the date of your entry to the U.K. Even if you enter U.K in the 20th month of your 2 years EC and you score 75 points then you qualify for extesnion or FLR.

ILR is a totally different thing.

FLR is not dependent on the date you enter the U.K. It depends whether you score 75 points or not.

Hope this helps.

---------

hi zee zee, that answers my questions as well .its an answer for everyone.

mate, i have one more doubt. initially we get 2 yrs HSMP visa. and after that we need to apply for FLR. right..so for extention under new rules, does it matter , if we go to UK after 3 months of initial visa.

we all know that we might go within 3 months of EC approval. does this affect us in future when we apply for FLR.
hope am clear in my question.

thanks