ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Can anyone help?

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

sh4mz
Newly Registered

Can anyone help?

Post by sh4mz » Sat Sep 22, 2012 9:17 pm

Hi, my husband is applying for his citizenship and is a bit confused about the english requirement. He would like to know if he could use his previous ESOL certificates which show progression from one entry level to another. He has been here since 2007 and gained his ILR in 2009 and i am a british citizen and he his applying on this basis. Based on the certificates he sent with his ILR application does he just tick this box?• Your confirmation that you met this requirement in order to obtain settlement. Would still need to send them with this application?
He has never left the UK since arriving here in 2007. It seems like a straight forward application as he has all other documents.

bebe2011

Post by bebe2011 » Sun Sep 23, 2012 6:29 am

Yes he should tick the box that he meets the requirement as well as include the ESOL certificate.

If he is applying via NCS they would most likely ask him to include the certificate anyway, so yes include it. Doesn't harm as well.

sh4mz
Newly Registered

Post by sh4mz » Mon Sep 24, 2012 2:11 pm

Thanks for the feedback..

naija99
Member of Standing

Post by naija99 » Mon Oct 01, 2012 3:28 pm

I have a friend also making the same application but is slightly confused. The AN application states you must have a certificate in ESOL with citizenship but my friend was awarded a certificate which states Entry Level Certificate in ESOL Skills for Life. Speaking and Listening at Entry 3.

Does anybody know if this certificate is sufficient for applying for naturalisation.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Mon Oct 01, 2012 3:30 pm

Only if the course included "citizenship content", which, based on what you have posted, doesn't appear to be the case.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

naija99
Member of Standing

Post by naija99 » Tue Oct 02, 2012 10:11 am

thanks sushdmehta