ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Does EEA2 RC make invalid/replace existing leave to remain

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

sheraz7
Respected Guru

Does EEA2 RC make invalid/replace existing leave to remain

Post by sheraz7 » Sat Sep 29, 2012 10:15 pm

hi,

Its really very interesting question. If an applicant successfully gets his EEA2 RC but his existing tier1 psw visa is still valid for next 6 months then in this case whether the status of psw visa will become invalid/cancel or it will still continue till its expiry.

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Sat Sep 29, 2012 10:41 pm

Applications under EEA regulations don't have any affect on your immigration status under the UK immigration rules and the two can co-exist.

yoshi_jp
Japan

Post by yoshi_jp » Tue Oct 02, 2012 11:53 am

Jambo wrote:Applications under EEA regulations don't have any affect on your immigration status under the UK immigration rules and the two can co-exist.
That is very interesting.

I am now waiting for the outcome of my T1(G) extension, which probably will not be known before I get married to my Polish girl on 24 DEC(!). I went to the post office to send my T1(G) extension application on my way home from the Registrar's office, right after handing in the notice of marriage.

Assuming that I eventually acquire both T1(G) BRP and EEA RC, am I suppose to use the EEA queue at the airport? Or, is it non-EEA? Which of the two documents will be relevant to the IO with regards to my entry to the UK? Can the IO stamp on my passport in that situation? Am I still required to submit a landing card upon every arrival? If I keep entering the UK through the EEA channels without receiving date stamps on my passport or submitting landing cards, is it going to negatively affect my ILR application after 5 years on T1(G) on the ground that, well, I haven't actually spent 5 years as a T1(G) migrant?

Sorry about the semi-hypothetical questions, but the waiting time and the career change that accidentally happened at this inconvenient moment of visa extension is giving me plenty of time and idleness to think about matters like this, thanks to all the damn nice employment opportunities being missed constantly!

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Tue Oct 02, 2012 2:56 pm

I guess in that case you will have the option to choose how to enter (or the IO might decide differently if he spots the other visa).

EEA is quicker (shorter queue, no landing card, no stamp). I don't think that by not entering using the Tier-1 affects the visa. For ILR, there are certain requirements to meet and I dont beleive they are dependant on how you enter the country (although it would be worth having a record of your trips as you won't get any stamps).