ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Application declined

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

jello
Newly Registered

Application declined

Post by jello » Mon Sep 10, 2012 12:45 am

Hi,

My visa application from NZ was refused because I had not completed a supplimentary form about my CoS, salary, English language and maintenance.
My issue is I had to complete the application online and it did not ask for any of this information or state that there was a separate form that had to be manually filled in and sent (at least nothing I could find).

Has anyone else had this issue? And if so is there anything that can be done about it?

I find it very annoying as I thought I had been pretty militant about going through and triple checking what I needed. Also I did provide the CoS in my covering letter so they could have worked it, or contacted me to send the extra form.

Cheers

manci
Respected Guru

Post by manci » Mon Sep 10, 2012 7:40 am

It is unlikely that the online process doesn't tell you to complete one of the self assessment point scoring appendices to the VAF9 application. Look at the paper form:
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... s/vaf9.pdf
If you are applying in the skilled worker category Appendix 5 should have been completed and submitted:
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... 9-app5.pdf
What did the refusal letter say you can do now?

jello
Newly Registered

Post by jello » Tue Sep 11, 2012 1:16 am

Hi manci,

I can still access the online application and it makes no mention of having to submit a supplimentary form. I have also checked the Tier 2 guidance doc.

After receiving the refusal letter I searched for the required form and found the vaf9 offline application form you linked to which does mention needing to fill out the self assessment form however this was not mentioned at all in the online application.

The refusal letter said I would have to reapply, an Administrative Review would not help as it doesn't allow sending of new documents.

I have tried contacting them although it hasn't been that helpful so far, I tried ringing them for hours yesterday and only got through once and any emails I sent yesterday bounced back because their mailbox was full.

dillingerband
Newly Registered

Post by dillingerband » Mon Oct 01, 2012 7:01 pm

I'm in the process of applying right now from the USA, and I can verify that the online application never prompted me to submit appendix 5. Through my obsessively reading everything on the damn UKBA site (specifically VAF9 paper form) over the last couple weeks, I thought I had to submit it. When I read your post I double checked my confirmation e-mail, and it definitely does not list that as a document I need to send. In fact it doesn't list any documents at all. It has a section where it's supposed to list required supporting documents, and it's just left blank. I'm going to send it anywaya long with everything else that coule possibly be required. I figure it can't hurt.

manci
Respected Guru

Post by manci » Mon Oct 01, 2012 7:20 pm

dillingerband wrote:I can verify that the online application never prompted me to submit appendix 5.
When you start the online process and after you entered where you are applying from (USA), your nationality (USA) and that you are going to apply for a Tier 2 General visa, on the next screen there is an IMPORTANT NOTE which spells out the need to complete appendices.

dillingerband
Newly Registered

Post by dillingerband » Mon Oct 01, 2012 8:21 pm

manci wrote:
dillingerband wrote:I can verify that the online application never prompted me to submit appendix 5.
When you start the online process and after you entered where you are applying from (USA), your nationality (USA) and that you are going to apply for a Tier 2 General visa, on the next screen there is an IMPORTANT NOTE which spells out the need to complete appendices.
Wow, I guess I managed to miss that when I was going through. It's weird that it would not mention it in the list of required documents via e-mail or anything just to make sure. It's not even on the final review page before submitting, unless I managed to miss that too, which is entirely possible.

I had managed to piece together that I needed it from other sources, but I somehow missed it on the actual application. Thanks for your help in this thread and others recently, Manci. Much appreciated.

numwisk
Newly Registered

Post by numwisk » Tue Oct 02, 2012 6:02 pm

Hi,

Further to this topic, I also stupidly forgot my appendix 5 in my application. Two questions:
1) Do they do anything to your passport to indicate the visa was rejected?
2) When I resubmit, can I use the same CoS number?

Thanks in advance for the answers.

Fingers crossed that all works out.

P.S. I will gladly update the software program for the UKBA to take care of this issue if my visa is miraculously granted.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Tue Oct 02, 2012 6:38 pm

1. I believe they note down the case reference number. If refused, you'll have to mention that fact in every application you make in the future (if the form asks for such information that is).
2. No.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

numwisk
Newly Registered

Post by numwisk » Tue Oct 02, 2012 6:45 pm

Thanks for the quick response.

One more question: how do they know the CoS number if you don't submit appendix 5 or note this on your application?

manci
Respected Guru

Post by manci » Wed Oct 03, 2012 8:14 am

numwisk wrote:Further to this topic, I also stupidly forgot my appendix 5 in my application.
why don't you just send them App 5 with a covering letter explaining the omission and keep your fingers crossed?

numwisk
Newly Registered

Post by numwisk » Wed Oct 03, 2012 7:58 pm

Actually, I called the UKBA the day after I did this. They told me to send a letter asking if I could send appendix 5, but do not send appendix 5. I have done this and am keeping my fingers crossed.

Kaley
United Kingdom

Post by Kaley » Fri Oct 05, 2012 7:46 am

Online application for Tier-2 is real mess. I had similiar situation when I did applied online Tier-2 application form earlier this year. I missed submitting appendix-5 while doing online application. But I was lucky that VFS staff did pointed out about Appendix-5 while submitting my paper copy of my application and hence I was able to send it along .

UKBA system is really messed up. They can talk to your application just for making simple mistake ( even typing error), while they dont really take care of user friendly application form. I am sure lot of people will miss VF9 form while submitting their application.

numwisk
Newly Registered

Post by numwisk » Fri Oct 05, 2012 4:06 pm

Just wanted to let people know that my letter to UKBA worked and it looks like I'll get my visa. :-)

I wish everyone luck.