ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

dependant -FLR OR ILR??? guidence notes or law??

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

khubs

dependant -FLR OR ILR??? guidence notes or law??

Post by khubs » Tue Oct 02, 2012 9:21 pm

Hello everyone,

I AM EXTREMLY CONFUSED AND UTTERLY FRUSTRATED RIGHT NOW AS I DON'T KNOW WHAT IS RIGHT OR WRONG. THIS IS MY SITUATION:

I am due for ILR in JAN 2013 and my dependant and I got married last year: 2-4-11 and will complete 2 years of marriage on 2-4-13. My dependant got spouse visa and entered the UK as tier-1 general dependant in June 2011. I was under the impression that my dependant will apply for his FLR from Jan 2013-April 2013 and then be eligible to apply for his standalone application of ILR. However, I consuletd a solicitor and they informed me that rules have now changed and that he needs to be in marriage for 5 years and then apply for his ILR? my argument obviously is that he became my dependant last year 2011 and the rules at that time implied that he should be able to qualify for his ILR in 2 years. furthermore, the solicitor also informed me that although transitional guidence notes have been posted on UKBA website nothing has been made as a law at the moment. this is so very confusing and frustrating.

Anyone pls. share your views!!!

Mnay thanks in advance.

Best wishes

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Tue Oct 02, 2012 9:31 pm

Don't go to the solicitor again! He doesn't know what he is talking about.

Your understanding is correct (Q0, Q13).
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

khubs

Post by khubs » Tue Oct 02, 2012 10:04 pm

thanks a ton for your reply!!!
sushdmehta wrote:Don't go to the solicitor again! He doesn't know what he is talking about.

Your understanding is correct (Q0, Q13).