ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Wife's extension application

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ddontamsetti
Newly Registered

Wife's extension application

Post by ddontamsetti » Wed May 16, 2012 10:59 am

Hi,

I am hoping that someone can give me advise! I have been living in UK since Sept 2001 and I have been on HSMP from Nov 2007 and Tier 1 General from Nov 2009. I am intending to file my ILR in October 2012. My wife has joined me this month on Tier 1 general dependent. Will I be able to apply from my wife visa extension at the same time I apply for my ILR and if so what form should I be using? if not when can I apply for her extension and what form should I be using?

Any advise will be much appreciated :)

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Wed May 16, 2012 11:17 am

When does your current leave expire?
When does your wife's dependant leave expire?
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

ddontamsetti
Newly Registered

Post by ddontamsetti » Wed May 16, 2012 11:41 am

Hi,

My current leave expires on 01/11/2012 and my wife leave expires on the same day too.

Thanks

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Wed May 16, 2012 11:50 am

Your wife should apply for FLR(M) at the same time as you apply for settlement or soon after you have applied for settlement ... but definitely before her current leave expires.

If applying at PEO, you may wish to book two appointments on the same day if you wish both the applications to be processed on the same day. If I were you, I would try to book the settlement appointment in the first half and the FLR(M) appointment in the second half).

If applying by post, make sure that it is mentioned in a covering letter (of your wife's FLR(M) application) that you are applying / have applied for settlement (and provide necessary personal details - name, dob, nationality, passport no., settlement application reference no. (if she applies after you have received the same) etc.) to help UKBA tag your wife's FLR application to your settlement application.

ddontamsetti
Newly Registered

Post by ddontamsetti » Wed May 16, 2012 11:59 am

Hi Sushdmehta,

Thanks for your help! Can you also advise me on the documentation required in support of my wife's FLR (M) application. Is she going to get 2 year extension upon which she can apply for ILR?

Many Thanks

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Wed May 16, 2012 12:38 pm

ddontamsetti wrote:Can you also advise me on the documentation required in support of my wife's FLR (M) application.
Read the FLR(M) form and Documents required.
ddontamsetti wrote:Is she going to get 2 year extension upon which she can apply for ILR?
Under current rules, yes.

ddontamsetti
Newly Registered

Post by ddontamsetti » Wed May 16, 2012 12:53 pm

Thank you for you prompt replies! I have opened the link to the documents page but it does not show any detail on how much funds I need to show for both of us and how long for? Can you please help me with this too?

Thanks

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Wed May 16, 2012 12:57 pm

ddontamsetti wrote:it does not show any detail on how much funds I need to show for both of us and how long for?
Because there is no such requirement (unlike PBS).

ddontamsetti
Newly Registered

Post by ddontamsetti » Wed May 16, 2012 1:03 pm

Thank you! you have been great help

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Tue Oct 02, 2012 9:26 pm

The rules for PBS dependants have changed since 09-Jul-12.

It is now possible to extend PBS dependant leave even when the principal PBS migrant has applied for / received settlement as a PBS migrant and subsequently acquires citizenship.

Is your wife a doctor / dentist?

ddontamsetti
Newly Registered

Post by ddontamsetti » Tue Oct 02, 2012 10:46 pm

Hi Sushdmehta, no my wife not a doctor! She has a master degree though?

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Wed Oct 03, 2012 1:47 am

No need to switch to FLR(M) then. Instead apply for extension as PBS dependant as and when the time comes (near expiry of her current leave).

ddontamsetti
Newly Registered

Post by ddontamsetti » Wed Oct 03, 2012 7:45 am

Hi Sushdmehta,

will it affect in anyway if we extend my wife's stay on FLR (M). The reason i am asking this is that we have booked an appointment for both I and my wife on 05/10/2012 and we made her appointment for FLR(M). If everything remains the same we will go ahead and apply FLR (M). Can you please clarify/advise.

Many thanks

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Wed Oct 03, 2012 9:40 am

No, The choice is yours ... it is just that PBS dependant extension is much simpler in terms of evidences needed.

But if you are prepared for FLR(M), you may go ahead with it - just make sure that you apply under the old rules.

ddontamsetti
Newly Registered

Post by ddontamsetti » Wed Oct 03, 2012 11:33 am

Thanks Sushdmehta!

I have one final question! When we filled the application we stated that my wife has been issued clearence before 09/07, this means we fall under the old rules correct? Or do we need to do anything else to make sure we apply under old rules?

Thanks for all your support! Its really appreciated.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Wed Oct 03, 2012 12:34 pm

ddontamsetti wrote: When we filled the application we stated that my wife has been issued clearence before 09/07, this means we fall under the old rules correct?
Yes.