ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Maintenance Fund

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

sazia
Newly Registered

Maintenance Fund

Post by sazia » Sun Sep 30, 2012 8:19 am

Hi all,

I have been searching on forum but hasn't seen any post regarding my question.I am applying for Tier 1 extension with two dependents, can I show my wife/spouse bank account for 90 days maintenance fund?

I'll be grateful if any one can shed some lights because my Visa expires soon.

p.s we don't have joint account.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Mon Oct 01, 2012 1:07 am

Yes, but only for the purpose of maintenance funds for your wife and child.
You cannot use your wife's account to show maintenance funds for yourself.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

sazia
Newly Registered

Post by sazia » Mon Oct 01, 2012 9:07 am

Thanks,

So if I have £900 in my account and remaing £1200 on her's then we can use both accounts?

sazia
Newly Registered

Post by sazia » Tue Oct 02, 2012 6:58 pm

Hi Sushd,

I have read many advices given by you to people like us. I currently have Tier 1(2 yrs HSMP + 3 yrs Tier 1 extension).I went to PEO for my ILR but they told me that application will be refused as I have absense more than 90 days.

Anyway I came back and decided to apply for Tier1 extension but maintenance funds seemed an issue initially which is now clear as you confirmed that I can use my wife account for herself.

However I have been maintening £900 for 90 days(i.e from 20 june to 21 september) which for some silly reason went down to £700. I know that I can use this as statement is not earlier than 31 days but my bank statement is upto 26 Sep and showing less amount for few days.Can I use this when apply for tier1 extension? I am thinking of adding cover letter which explains situation.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Tue Oct 02, 2012 8:41 pm

If the balance went below 900 after the three month period that you are intending to to use then there is no problem.

A cover letter explaining the fact should help. Highlighting the start date and end date of the 3 month period in the banks statement(s) will also help.

sazia
Newly Registered

Post by sazia » Wed Oct 03, 2012 9:03 am

Hi Sushd,

Thanks. Is there any chance they can refuse my application?

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Wed Oct 03, 2012 9:42 am

They will assess your maintenance by looking at the closing balance and counting back 90 days. If during that 90 days the funds went below the required amount the application will be refused regardless of the fact that the funds were in the account for a consecutive 90 days earlier on in the statement.

See appendix C para 1A h)

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Wed Oct 03, 2012 10:05 am

Ah!

In such case, you'll need to use an additional account. Do you have one with 200 pounds maintained for 3 months?

sazia
Newly Registered

Post by sazia » Wed Oct 03, 2012 10:21 am

Thanks guys,

Unfortunately I don't :(

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Wed Oct 03, 2012 11:07 am

Not even outside the UK, e.g. - home country, with equivalent of 200 pounds?

sazia
Newly Registered

Post by sazia » Sat Oct 06, 2012 2:32 pm

Hi,

Thank you all for useful information.I went to PEO yesterday and got my tier 1 extension.

d1o

Post by d1o » Mon Oct 15, 2012 4:46 pm

sushdmehta wrote:Ah!

In such case, you'll need to use an additional account. Do you have one with 200 pounds maintained for 3 months?
@ OP,

Congrats on your extension!

@ Sush,

Just to be sure, are you saying that in such situations where maintenance funds have fallen short for a short while within the 90 day period, any other accounts being used to supplement need to have held the difference also for a consecutive 90 day period?...even if the main account returned to the original required balance by the end of the same day?

I had been under the impression (perhaps wrongly) that you just needed to show the difference in another account for only the period that the main account was short (e.g 1 day or 2 days or 1 week or however long it took to restore the main account balance to the required minimum)

Would appreciate any kind clarification on this..

Cheers!!

d1o

Post by d1o » Sat Oct 20, 2012 2:05 pm

any thoughts on this anyone?

d1o

Post by d1o » Fri Nov 23, 2012 5:44 pm

d1o wrote:
sushdmehta wrote:Ah!

@ OP,

Congrats on your extension!

@ Sush,

Just to be sure, are you saying that in such situations where maintenance funds have fallen short for a short while within the 90 day period, any other accounts being used to supplement need to have held the difference also for a consecutive 90 day period?...even if the main account returned to the original required balance by the end of the same day?

I had been under the impression (perhaps wrongly) that you just needed to show the difference in another account for only the period that the main account was short (e.g 1 day or 2 days or 1 week or however long it took to restore the main account balance to the required minimum)

Would appreciate any kind clarification on this..

Cheers!!
For anyone who might be interested/find my unanswered query useful, I have received my visa approval today and can confirm that it is not necessary to have the shortfall in the secondary/back-up account for the whole 90 day period. You just need to have had it for the same dates that the main account had fallen short for...

Hope this helps someone.

Cheers!