ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spoual Visa Application Questions for Indian Citizen

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

vertex
Newly Registered

Spoual Visa Application Questions for Indian Citizen

Post by vertex » Wed Oct 03, 2012 10:34 am

Hi all,

I'm due to getting married in November and I wanted to find out a few things in order to prepare the application for my spouse to be.

A little background... I'm a British National, and my spouse to be is an Indian Citizen. We'll be making the application in Chandigarh.

With all the great information on this site and the revamped UKBA site, I've put together most of the documents necessary (I've used this thread as a basis for the supporting documents).

So, given this, I wanted to find out:

1. How far in advance can I possibly apply for the Visa? I know it's an online application form and will require submitting original documents when in Chandigarh and that the online application form is valid for 30 days from the moment we start. I want to make the most of my time in India and want to time this efficiently. Also, with regards to making an appointment at the VFS offices in Chandigarh for document submission, how far in the future are the appointments available?

2. Given the above question, my next question is the recency of the supporting documents. I can start immediately to gather all the documents and proof that is necessary, but if I submit these documents in November, will this be a cause for concern?

3. Are the online applications the same as the PDF versions available on the UKBA website? I'm going to be apply with the VAF4A and Appendix 2 forms.

I guess that's about it for now... I really wish to express my thanks to all those on this board who have helped with the masses of information.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Wed Oct 03, 2012 11:18 am

I suggest you make this and this as the basis of your supporting documents, rather than a post on this forum.
That way you will be basing your decision(s) on specified requirements and facts, rather than on someone else's perception(s) / opinion(s).
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

vertex
Newly Registered

Post by vertex » Wed Oct 03, 2012 11:29 am

Thanks... I'll do just that. Any ideas on the direction for the other questions posed?

vertex
Newly Registered

Post by vertex » Mon Oct 08, 2012 12:00 pm

Bump... Anyone? I would really appreciate any advise before seeking any professional help.