ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Marriage Certificate error

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

DANUBE

Marriage Certificate error

Post by DANUBE » Wed Oct 03, 2012 11:39 am

Hi There

I have one small problem - i'm hoping you can help as my own research is giving me conflicting advice.
We are applying for Ilr soon and our marriage certificate has an error on it. Unfortunately they have entered the wrong nationality for me.
When we applied for Spouse visa 2 yrs ago - we handed in the marriage certificate but it had been attested by a solicitor in the country where we married, and nothing was mentioned with regards to this at the time. We have a copy here with us in the uk ready to submit for ILR but we're worried about the mistake. Also, i was told that depositing the marriage certificate with the local council in the uk is not necessary for the application - is this true ?

Many Thanks

Danube

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Wed Oct 03, 2012 11:54 am

You're not required to submit the marriage certificate for SET(M) if the application is postal. Case workers at the PEO sometimes ask to see it but it's not mandatory.
You don't need to register the marriage in the UK.

DANUBE

Post by DANUBE » Wed Oct 03, 2012 11:56 am

Casa - thank you very much, i was not aware of this. You have put my mind at rest :D