ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

NARIC certification for TOEFL score

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

meer_iet

NARIC certification for TOEFL score

Post by meer_iet » Thu Jan 11, 2007 8:13 am

Hello friends,
As an alternative proof to my "not so clear " letter from University regarding english language requirement i want to give my computer based Toefl score of 247, exam taken in Nov 2005.
Does anybody of you have NARIC equivalence certification done for your TOEFL score against IELTS score. please let me know.

Regds
meer_iet
INDIA.

Markie

Post by Markie » Thu Jan 11, 2007 4:38 pm

You got it mixed up... TOEFL and IELTS is for english proficiency and NARIC is for degree equivalency...

NARIC only evaluates the equivalency of degrees got from abroad and compare them with UK degrees.

meer_iet

Post by meer_iet » Fri Jan 12, 2007 3:17 am

Friend, but can you check scetion 27 on last page of the HSMP guidance manual. It says that HO will verify the english certificate equivalence with NARIC.

please let me know what do u think.

regds
meer_iet
INDIA.

engrmbk
Newly Registered

English Language Certificate

Post by engrmbk » Tue Jan 16, 2007 3:35 pm

Markie wrote:You got it mixed up... TOEFL and IELTS is for english proficiency and NARIC is for degree equivalency...

NARIC only evaluates the equivalency of degrees got from abroad and compare them with UK degrees.
Friend of mine got refusal recently, instead of the fact that he was working as a doctor and earning 40000+ in the UK from the las two years. They gave him the reason that the English Level of the University in Pakistan (Khyber Medical College, Peshawar, Pakistan) from where he did his medical is less than the IELTS band 6 (According to NARIC). Dont know how do they make these standards....... Anyone else had this experience?