ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

PEO appointment

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

immiuk1
BANNED

PEO appointment

Post by immiuk1 » Tue Oct 02, 2012 9:55 am

Hi

I am trying to book an appointment for Dec 2012 for last couple of days but cant find any dates “If you have been unsuccessful in finding an avaliable appointment, please do not call our contact centres. They do not have any additional appointments avaliable to them.”.

Am I applying too early or too late OR I need to quick frequently to find a slot.

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Re: PEO appointment

Post by cs95tdg » Tue Oct 02, 2012 11:20 am

Appointments are only made available online upto 42 days in advance. Therefore it would appear that you are trying too early. Note also that new appointments/cancellations are understood to be released at midnight (based on other forum member experiences) and booked quickly, therefore you will need to be patient and persistant when using the UKBA online booking facility.

immiuk1
BANNED

Re: PEO appointment

Post by immiuk1 » Tue Oct 02, 2012 11:23 am

cs95tdg wrote:Appointments are only made available online upto 42 days in advance. Therefore it would appear that you are trying too early. Note also that new appointments/cancellations are understood to be released at midnight (based on other forum member experiences) and booked quickly, therefore you will need to be patient and persistant when using the UKBA online booking facility.
thanks while we are on this topic , so as I understand ILR application can be made only 28 days in advance of expiry of current tier-1 visa correct ?
and one can only book appointment 42 days in advance so I should be trying for appointment 70 days before my visa expire. have I got it right ?

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Post by cs95tdg » Tue Oct 02, 2012 11:41 am

You can apply for ILR upto 28 days before completing the qualifying period. If you are applying as an economic migrant the qualifying period will be 5 years.

In all cases you must apply for before your current leave to remain expires.

I would suggest that you first calculate the date you become eligible to apply for ILR. Thereafter count 42 days backward from that date to determine when you will be able to make an online PEO appointment booking.

immiuk1
BANNED

Post by immiuk1 » Tue Oct 02, 2012 11:48 am

cs95tdg wrote:You can apply for ILR upto 28 days before completing the qualifying period. If you are applying as an economic migrant the qualifying period will be 5 years.

In all cases you must apply for before your current leave to remain expires.

I would suggest that you first calculate the date you become eligible to apply for ILR. Thereafter count 42 days backward from that date to determine when you will be able to make an online PEO appointment booking.
hsmp visa valid from 17-Jan-2008
entered uk 05-Feb-2008
Current Tier-1 valid upto-17 Jan 2013

since I entered within 90 days of visa granted date my qualifity date is 17 jan 2013-28 days so my understanding is I would qualify for ILR from December 20, 2012 ??

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Post by cs95tdg » Tue Oct 02, 2012 2:52 pm

Based on the information provided you are eligible to apply for ILR on the date mentioned. I.e. 28 days before 17 Jan 2013. But you qualify for ILR on 17 Jan 2013.

mrneo

Post by mrneo » Wed Oct 03, 2012 5:21 pm

Try this one.i added this link to 4 different pages.hope it might be helpfull for someone who needs it.
http://londonseye.blogspot.co.uk/2012/1 ... -home.html