ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

StepChildren of EU national

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Beccarose
Newly Registered

StepChildren of EU national

Post by Beccarose » Wed Oct 03, 2012 11:02 pm

I'm curious about something. It's been brought to my attention that it may be difficult to get my children into the UK.

Background:
My husband and I have been married since Dec of 1999. I had 2 children from a previous marriage. My exhusband stepped in and out of the kids' lives for years and then about 5 years ago stepped out pretty extremely. He does not pay child support (and has not in about 8 years), does not contact them and does not show any affection or love for them.

My husband has quite literally in all ways that matter been their father, he does everything for them. In fact my second child was so young when he came into our lives that he is the only father she has ever really known.

So he really is their father- just not on paper. He has no legal rights when it comes to them.

Will I have a problem bringing them into the UK under a EEA family visa? I was originally under the idea that I just needed a consent letter from my oldest two children's bio-father stating he is allowing them to go live in England, but now I am not sure if that will be enough. Could someone inform me of what needs to be done?

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Thu Oct 04, 2012 12:42 am

Please continue in the existing topic.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!