ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Can I apply for tier 2 extension from India?

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

docviv1
Newly Registered

Can I apply for tier 2 extension from India?

Post by docviv1 » Wed Oct 03, 2012 11:11 pm

I'm currently working in UK, and my tier 2 is going to expire on 19/10/12. Am still waiting for my new CoS, which hopefully I should be getting in next few days. Can I apply for extension of my visa from India as I was planning to go to India in a couple of weeks? Also, if my visa expires on 19/10/12, does that mean I have to leave the country by 19th or is there any grace period allowed?

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Thu Oct 04, 2012 12:59 am

1. Extension ( leave to remain) cannot be applied for from outside the UK. To apply (for EC) from Outside the UK your employer will need to assign you a restricted CoS.
2. If you overstay for more than 28 days, it may affect entry clearance application(s) in the future. And, you will have to mention any overstay (even if less than 28 days) in any application that asks for such information.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

docviv1
Newly Registered

Post by docviv1 » Thu Oct 04, 2012 8:42 am

Thanks a lot. That was really helpful.