ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA3 and WRS

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

1kiril
BANNED

EEA3 and WRS

Post by 1kiril » Thu Oct 04, 2012 2:30 am

Hi there,

I'm due to apply for PR so I was hoping you could help me to clarify something. I've been browsing through numerous topics on this forum but failed to find the answer.

I'm A8 national who moved to the UK in June 2007. I started working in September 2007 but did not register with WRS until March 2008. I simply wasn't aware that I had to and only did it after my employer requested to do so.

The question is 'When do I start counting 5 year period from? From the day I was handed my contract (which I still have) or WRS registration?'.

I'm inclined to believe from the date of registering with WRS but what I'm going to say I'd had been doing since the day I entered the country up until March 2008? When I only had 3 months to start exercising European Treaty Rights? I have to state the date of first entry to the country so I won't get away with it.
I have all the evidence I need to prove that I've been working since September 2007 so shall I just go ahead with my application and see what happens or do I wait till March next year?

Thank you for taking your time reading this.

Englandd
BANNED

Post by Englandd » Thu Oct 04, 2012 5:28 am

In this scenario ukba will have very strong refusal reason about wrs registration because an A8 national had to register with wrs scheme that existed between the 1st may2004 - 30th april 2011 in order to excercise its eu treaty rights.

Englandd
BANNED

Post by Englandd » Thu Oct 04, 2012 5:35 am

Better to send application after counting your 5 years period since the date of your registeration with wrs scheme. Anyhow out of that gap period you can argue for your 3 free months of not being required to excercise any eu treaty.