ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

BC application while holding PR for less than a year

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

oflondon

BC application while holding PR for less than a year

Post by oflondon » Thu Oct 04, 2012 2:50 am

@ Jambo...... I came to the UK on an EEA family permit as the spouse of an EEA national on the 24th of december 2006 and I'm now on PR.
Can I apply for BC even if I hold 'automatic' PR less than 1 year ( Showing my EEA spouse doccumentation ).
I know I can apply for BC on the 24th of december 2012 but just wondering if I can apply holding PR for less than 1 year.

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Thu Oct 04, 2012 7:40 am

Unless your wife is British, you will need to wait 1 year after PR. there are some discretions to waive this requirement but you don't really want to go down that path. Better to wait until December.

Also I would only recommend applying directly for BC (without PR Confirmation using a EEA4 application) if your case is simple i.e. spouse worked as an employee during the whole period, spouse is not from A8 states etc.

oflondon

Post by oflondon » Thu Oct 04, 2012 2:51 pm

Thanks for your reply Jambo. My EEA ( Hungarian )spouse has been in the UK since 2005 and has been working full-time since then with no gap and has all the documentation ( including WRS card, P60's for 7 years ) to support me for naturalisation.
I have also been working full-time with no gap since I entered UK in dec. 2006 and I have all documentation. I got PR confirmation in my passport in february 2012.
So going by the EEA regulations ( obtaining PR automatically in Dec., 2011), I can apply for BC in Dec., 2012 right?
I expect your reply JAMBO on my above info. Thanks

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Thu Oct 04, 2012 3:01 pm

Yes you can.

As you probably know, your employment is not relevant.

If you apply in December, you will need to submit all your wife evidence again (if she has a PR Confirmation booklet, it will make the application simpler). Or just wait until February and just apply with only your passport.

You will also need to pass the Life in the UK test.

oflondon

Post by oflondon » Thu Oct 04, 2012 11:13 pm

Thanks a lot Jambo.
I don't want to wait till february next year to apply on my own. My EEA spouse doesn't have PR confirmation but has all necessary documents to support my BC application in december 2012 ( P60's, WRS etc.. ). We used these documentation ( without my EEA spouse having PR confirmation ) in obtaining our child british passport last year with no problems.
So i don't mind submitting my wife's documents again. I have already passed the life in the UK test.
Your responce will be highly appreciated.

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Thu Oct 04, 2012 11:36 pm

oflondon wrote:Your responce will be highly appreciated.
What's the question?

Will you be you eligible? Yes.

oflondon

Post by oflondon » Thu Oct 04, 2012 11:43 pm

Oh sorry for the mix up...lol just getting tired after the day's work.
Thank you very much jambo. God bless