ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Granted at Croydon PEO on 01st Oct HSMP + TIER(1) Extens

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

depsnitz
Newly Registered

ILR Granted at Croydon PEO on 01st Oct HSMP + TIER(1) Extens

Post by depsnitz » Wed Oct 03, 2012 5:18 pm

My application has been successful.. Thanks everyone for helping me out. There have been several occasions in my 5 year journey when I have looked at this forum to find answers to all my questions which I have struggled with. Really love this forum.

Here are my details:

Entry Clearance date (HSMP) : 19-Oct-2007
Entered UK : 25-Oct-2007
Switched to Tier1 ( Extended visa ) : 19-Oct-2009

Have been in permanent employment since coming into UK and with the same employer.

Booking an Appointment Process:
1. Calculated the earliest date which I could attend the appointment which is 28 days before my first entry date. This was coming to be 27th Sep. But I chose to go there on 01st Oct.
2. Calculated 42 days before the desired date of appointment. This was coming to 20th August.
3. Midnight of 20th August 00:00 I logged on to UKBA's website and kept refreshing the page for booking an appointment.
4. At 00:10am appointments were available and was able to book for my desired date of 01st October (I think it takes 10 - 15 mins for the server to refresh and show available appointments for the 42nd day)

On the day of appointment:
1. Appointment at Croydon : 12:00 PM
2. Reached at: 11:35 AM
3. Security check done at : 11:40 AM
4. Card payment done at :11:50 AM
5. Basic checks on passport and Data entry: 12:15
6. Biometric done at : 2:10 PM (For my 2 year old only photograph was taken and no biometrics)
7. Called by the caseworker : 4:00 PM
8. Case worked approved ILR : 5:00 PM

At point 5 and point 7 above no questions were asked at all.

Documents submitted:
Application Form
Photographs
Appointment Letter

Life in the UK Test
HSMP Approval
TIER-1 Extension Application letters received
Co-Habitation Proofs - Council Tax (5 years), Tenancy Agreement (last 2 years), Bank Statements (Last 2 Years)
Marriage Certificate
Birth Certificate Long

Graduation Degree Certificate (Even though these were not required)
English Letter
Official Transcript

12- Months Payslips
5 Years P-60
5 Years P-11D
12 Months Bank Statements
Letter from employer

Travel Details (In and Out from UK - on a spreadsheet printout)
Passports

Photocopies of every document listed above including every page of passports (Current and previous for all applicants)

Application form specifics:
1. Only checked 11A and 11L

When Case worker called us at 4pm she asked for application form, passports, all originals, photocopies and just asked us to take a seat. She spent 1 hr looking at our documents. After that she called us and handed back all the originals with a letter stating ILR had been granted. Now I am just waiting for my Biometric cards to come.

Piece of advice: It will take a minimum of 4 hours to process your application. So ensure you have your smartphones or tablets fully charged to watch some movies or read some books :)

Please let me know if anyone has any questions.

arifahmmed
Member of Standing

Post by arifahmmed » Thu Oct 04, 2012 5:50 am

depsnitz Big big congratulations for your ILR. Can you tell me about appointment letter. I booked Peo appointment but nothing came up as invitation letter.
Last edited by arifahmmed on Thu Oct 04, 2012 5:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

depsnitz
Newly Registered

Post by depsnitz » Thu Oct 04, 2012 10:00 am

I just took a screen print of the appointment from UKBA's website. They check this and the reference number on the letter at 2 occasions:
1. When entering the building.
2. When queuing up to get your passports checked on ground floor.

nmm

Post by nmm » Thu Oct 04, 2012 10:32 am

Congratulations depsnitz,

Did CW asked you for all previous year P60s or you provided yourself?

What other docs she was most concerned about?

depsnitz
Newly Registered

Post by depsnitz » Thu Oct 04, 2012 2:21 pm

Case worker did not ask anything in specific. I handed over all the originals along with a checklist of all the documents on the top and it included all 5 years P60.

She did not express any concerns on any document submitted. There was hardly any interaction with her.

Tanya2012
Newly Registered

Post by Tanya2012 » Thu Oct 04, 2012 2:41 pm

Many Many Congratulations! :)

arifahmmed
Member of Standing

Post by arifahmmed » Thu Oct 04, 2012 2:58 pm

Thank you depsnitz. i have printed the copy as well but it has Date, location, reference number, appointment time and number of attendence but no name and date of birth of applicant and dependants. Is that was same like yours.

depsnitz
Newly Registered

Post by depsnitz » Thu Oct 04, 2012 3:42 pm

Thats correct.
arifahmmed wrote:Thank you depsnitz. i have printed the copy as well but it has Date, location, reference number, appointment time and number of attendence but no name and date of birth of applicant and dependants. Is that was same like yours.