ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR success - postal application

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

SETO4April
Newly Registered

ILR success - postal application

Post by SETO4April » Thu Oct 04, 2012 10:20 am

Hi everyone,

I have been a silent reader of this forum for a long time and have finally received my approval letter and passport back today. I think I am in shock! There was a chance mine might be rejected as I had a 6 month absence due to a work secondment (on top of normal absences) and so I thought I might have to pack up and leave the country at a moments notice as I don't have the will to keep applying for extensions to my Tier 1 General.

My timeline is as follows:

HSMP+Tier 1 General
3 April SET (O) application posted
4 April application received at UK BA
Can't recall when the payment was deducted and I received the acknowledgment letter
25 June received biometrics letter dated 14 June
25 June completed biometrics
4 October received approval letter and documents
Still waiting for my BRP

It is 6 months to the day and I can't believe the wait is finally over. Good luck to everyone waiting... it will arrive eventually. Thank you to everyone who maintains the site as the timelines really do help keep the insanity to a minimum.

arifahmmed
Member of Standing

Post by arifahmmed » Thu Oct 04, 2012 5:18 pm

Big big congratulations SETO4April. what documents were you submitted.