ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Channel Islands Immigration

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

chursy

Channel Islands Immigration

Post by chursy » Thu Oct 04, 2012 2:03 pm

Hi

I am a British National and my Wife is a Non - EU citizen. I would like to ask the following questions

a) Immigration of Channel Islands is controlled by the home office? in terms of Spouse or Family Permit?

b) I was planning to apply for a family permit for my wife - if we were to move to UK in the future will the 5 years spent in UK+ Channel Islands count towards the passport or not?

Ben
Diamond Member

Post by Ben » Thu Oct 04, 2012 2:29 pm

Hi chursy,

Are you a British citizen or do you hold another form of British nationality?

If you are a British citizen, are you also a European citizen or does your British citizenship come from somewhere in the British Isles other than the UK (and you are without a "qualifying connection" to the UK)?

The Channel Islands are not part of the European Union.

Interesting reading here and here.
I am no longer posting publicly on this website - PM me if needed.

chursy

Post by chursy » Thu Oct 04, 2012 8:31 pm

Ben wrote:Hi chursy,

Are you a British citizen or do you hold another form of British nationality?

If you are a British citizen, are you also a European citizen or does your British citizenship come from somewhere in the British Isles other than the UK (and you are without a "qualifying connection" to the UK)?

The Channel Islands are not part of the European Union.

Interesting reading here and here.
I am a British Citizen - Naturalised in UK.