ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Has anyone change address during application process?

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

owenhehe
Newly Registered

Has anyone change address during application process?

Post by owenhehe » Mon Sep 17, 2012 2:38 pm

My application was delayed due to technical error in Biometrics and I had to re-enrol biometric again.

Details are here
http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... b7fa82d476

But another problem comes. As I can only stay at my current address for 2 month (I thought 2 month is more than enough to get all my stuff back, so applied using this address, but apparently it is not).

In a few days, I will be moving to a new address, I had changed my address in UKBA's website. It said they will update their record in the next 72 hours. Is it everything I can do right now? I called the enquiry helpline, but there isn't any option for address change. Option for progress tracking only leads to ''the call will automatically end now''

Will UKBA send my passport to the new address? Is the online address change suffice? Anyone?

skuma
Newly Registered

Post by skuma » Tue Sep 18, 2012 6:37 pm

@owenhehe

I applied for Tier 2 general on 28th June (online), Biometric 13th July. Still awaiting for my Visa. I posted my time line earlier. In between I had to leave my flat due to end of tenancy. As letting agents declined to give me a flat due to lack of workpermit/visa.
I changed the address first online just like you did and later after waiting for about 10 days, I again sent a "Change of Circumstances form" with my current address. Give a google seach or download from this link.
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas ... umstances/

Good Luck.
Cheers
Skuma

skuma
Newly Registered

Post by skuma » Tue Sep 18, 2012 6:39 pm

@owenhehe

Just to complete the missed sentence,

As letting agents declined to give me a flat due to lack of workpermit/visa, I am staying with some of my friends.

peppekalle

Post by peppekalle » Tue Sep 18, 2012 10:02 pm

I am not sure filling in the form online is enough or even works.......After i contacted the UKBA last year a few months after filling in the change of address online they asked me if they could send me my documents to my old address!!!!

Can you ask royal mail to hold on to your mail and redirect any future post?

owenhehe
Newly Registered

Post by owenhehe » Wed Sep 19, 2012 3:45 pm

thank you very much for all the replies.

I did change my address online which as one of you pointed out will not work, so today I sent a letter to UKBA stating that I am changing my contact address. It is not a Change of Circumstances Form, but just a letter I wrote and explained that I am changing my address.

I also went to Post Office and setup a mail redirection, but I am afraid that UKBA use other courier to deliver BRP. So you think I should send them another letter using the Change of Circumstances Form? Just to be safe?

owenhehe
Newly Registered

Post by owenhehe » Wed Sep 26, 2012 3:22 pm

skuma wrote:@owenhehe

I applied for Tier 2 general on 28th June (online), Biometric 13th July. Still awaiting for my Visa. I posted my time line earlier. In between I had to leave my flat due to end of tenancy. As letting agents declined to give me a flat due to lack of workpermit/visa.
I changed the address first online just like you did and later after waiting for about 10 days, I again sent a "Change of Circumstances form" with my current address. Give a google seach or download from this link.

Good Luck.
Cheers
Skuma
Hi Skuma, have you heard anything from UKBA? I am still waiting right now.

dkumar
Newly Registered

Post by dkumar » Thu Oct 04, 2012 11:34 pm

skuma wrote:@owenhehe

Good Luck.
Cheers
Skuma
Mate, Did you reeceivd any anything from ukba.