ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR - WP + Tier 1

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

yogeshbro
Newly Registered

ILR - WP + Tier 1

Post by yogeshbro » Wed Oct 03, 2012 4:08 pm

Dear all,

I hope the senior/knowledgable members could help on my issue.

I am applying in person for my ILR in the next couple of weeks.

I was granted work permit in April 2007. I switched to Tier 1 in May 2008. I worked for the company from April 2007 to 31st October 2010 and then I was made redundant. I extended my Tier 1 until 2013 in Dec 2010.

Now the issue is, I did not have any job until June 2011. I started working as a self employed for the other company until February 2012. I used to invoice them. I left the job and joined another company in March 2012 and currently working.

Do I need to be employed continuously as I have a gap between 31st October 2010 and June 2011. I was without work at that point of time.
Also, do I need to show any documents in relation to my self employment? I have necessary payslips and letter from my current job. My earnings from March 2012 to September 2012 are enough to secure the points required to meet the 75 points criteria with other attributes.

Kindly help.

Thank You

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Wed Oct 03, 2012 4:13 pm

Don't worry about unemployment period.
No.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

yogeshbro
Newly Registered

Post by yogeshbro » Wed Oct 03, 2012 4:36 pm

sushdmehta wrote:Don't worry about unemployment period.
No.
Thankyou for your prompt answer.

I have read somewhere that I need to be in continuous employment over the 5 year period. Can you please clarify?

Many thanks

yogeshbro
Newly Registered

ILR- Passport Lost- Outside of UK absense

Post by yogeshbro » Thu Oct 04, 2012 10:29 am

Dear all,

I hope the senior/knowledgable members could help on my issue.

I am applying in person for my ILR in the next couple of weeks.

I was granted work permit in April 2007. I switched to Tier 1 in May 2008. I worked for the company from April 2007 to 31st October 2010 and then I was made redundant. I extended my Tier 1 until January 2013 in Jan 2011.

During 2007, after I got my work permit, I was asked to travel outstide of UK for business purposes. I was out of UK for not more than 25 days on every visit outstide of UK. In total they were about 4 business trips.

In June 2008, I had gone back home to see my family and that was not more than 25 days.

In December 2009, gone back to see my family again for not more than 25 days.

In October 2010, was out of UK as my father had an operation. So I was out for another 10 days.

In total, my visits outside UK(both including business and family visit) was not more than 180 days in the last 5 years and no single trip amounted to a stay outside of UK for more than 25-30 days.

I lost my passport in May 2012 and got a new one in June 12.

Do I need to provide any sort of evidence to confirm that I was not outside of UK for more than 180 days or no single visit was more than 90 days.

I was thinking of preparing an absense sheet but I do not have information about my UK entry and exit. I can get etickets confirmation for my holiday visits but not for my business trips.

Can anyone please look into this as I am very scared if they say that we cannot verify your absenses with your new passport and they defer my ILR visa? Please help

Many thanks

yogeshbro
Newly Registered

Post by yogeshbro » Thu Oct 04, 2012 11:13 pm

Can anybody please help on my absence issue mentioned above? I do not have my old passport as was lost.

Also sushdmehta, I read in the application form :

11 C) Document(s) from your authorised employer(s) over the past 5 years confirming that you have been employed continuously in this work throughout that period.

Doesn't this mean that I have to be employed continuously without any gap. Please advise.

Many thanks

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Thu Oct 04, 2012 11:51 pm

Absences - Read this post.
Is 11C relevant to you?

yogeshbro
Newly Registered

Post by yogeshbro » Fri Oct 05, 2012 9:31 am

sushdmehta wrote:Absences - Read this post.
Is 11C relevant to you?
sushdmehta,
You are right, since I am currently on Tier 1 G, 11L applies to me so thats a relief. Thanks

Regarding my absence, I cannot remember my exact entry and exit for my business trips outside of UK during 2007. Well I can apply for SAR but it will be no good as my appointment is in a weeks time. Bit worried now, don't know what to do. I will ask my employer to write a letter about my business travel during 2007 but not sure if they will provide. Please help

Thanks

yogeshbro
Newly Registered

Post by yogeshbro » Sat Oct 06, 2012 10:37 am

yogeshbro wrote:
Is 11C relevant to you?
sushdmehta,
You are right, since I am currently on Tier 1 G, 11L applies to me so thats a relief. Thanks

Regarding my absence, I cannot remember my exact entry and exit for my business trips outside of UK during 2007. Well I can apply for SAR but it will be no good as my appointment is in a weeks time. Bit worried now, don't know what to do. I will ask my employer to write a letter about my business travel during 2007 but not sure if they will provide. Please help

Thanks[/quote

Any help would be highly appreciated! :roll:

yogeshbro
Newly Registered

Post by yogeshbro » Mon Oct 08, 2012 1:55 pm

yogeshbro wrote:
yogeshbro wrote:
Is 11C relevant to you?
sushdmehta,

Thanks[/quote

Any help would be highly appreciated! :roll:

I have managed to get a letter signed and stamped from my ex- employer
where I worked from April 07 to Oct10. It lists all of my absences out of UK which was checked from etickets. My absences were less than 180 days and no single trip was more than 90 days. Can I use this document along with my bank statements to prove it. Just to let you know that I do not have passport to confirm this as it was lost earlier this year.I have not traveled outside UK since Oct10. How do I justify this or is this not required.

Many thanks

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Mon Oct 08, 2012 2:55 pm

You are not required to justify something that never happened.
Include this letter with your application. If your total absences in the 5 year period are less than 180 and you have no single absence of 90 days or more, you'll be fine.

yogeshbro
Newly Registered

Post by yogeshbro » Mon Oct 08, 2012 4:18 pm

sushdmehta wrote:You are not required to justify something that never happened.
Include this letter with your application. If your total absences in the 5 year period are less than 180 and you have no single absence of 90 days or more, you'll be fine.
Thank you sushdmehta. Yes, my total absences in the 5 year period are less than 180 days and have no single absence of 90 days.

yogeshbro
Newly Registered

Post by yogeshbro » Thu Oct 11, 2012 2:02 pm

Hi there

I have two questions to complete the form.

1. What date should i write on the application form -q 6.1. I came in the UK as a student in February 2006 and got my work permit on 04/04/2007. I assume I need to put this date and not the date when I came as a student. Can anybody please confirm.

2.Do I need to enrol for fingerprints and photo again at PEO for the ILR as I did that on my Tier1 extension in Jan11. I was issued a BRP card to this effect. As I provided the fingerprints in Croydon office in January 11, I think i need to fill 10.7, 10.8 and 10.9. Is that right?

Thanks a lot

vik30

Post by vik30 » Thu Oct 11, 2012 3:16 pm

yogeshbro wrote:Hi there

I have two questions to complete the form.

1. What date should i write on the application form -q 6.1. I came in the UK as a student in February 2006 and got my work permit on 04/04/2007. I assume I need to put this date and not the date when I came as a student. Can anybody please confirm.

Yes, you need to put down the date your work permit is issued or stamped on. That is practically your start date for this ILR application.

2.Do I need to enrol for fingerprints and photo again at PEO for the ILR as I did that on my Tier1 extension in Jan11. I was issued a BRP card to this effect. As I provided the fingerprints in Croydon office in January 11, I think i need to fill 10.7, 10.8 and 10.9. Is that right?

Yes you need to fill up 10.7, 8, 9.
You will need to take your Biometric cards with you, they will take these from you and new biometrics will be done at the PEO on your appointment day.

Thanks a lot

yogeshbro
Newly Registered

Post by yogeshbro » Sun Oct 14, 2012 3:05 am

I had my ILR application at the Croydon PEO on Friday 12, 2012 at about 11 am. A little bit of background:

1. Passport lost during June 12.
2. Worked for 2 employers and self employed for almost 1year during the 5 year period with a gap of unemployment in 2010-11.

Documents prepared and provided:

Set O Form
3 years P60 and P45 for 6 months
Self employment accounts of 1 year and letter from accountant about my tax affairs
Last 6 months payslips with corresponding bank statements.
Employer letter for absences during my first qualifying employment period of 3.5 years
Qualification Certificates
Previous Visa approval letters for WP, Tier 1, and extension. Been to Croydon twice before.
Current Employer Letter confirming my employment, salary payment with Gross and Net payments and my requirement for the company in future.

Documents prepared but not given to the Caseworker.

Self employed class 2 letters
Invoices
Last 5 years bank statements
Tax letters from HMRC for self employment

So this is how it all started.-

I reached at the PEO around 10:40 am and entered the building and was asked to take a seat. Then after 15 mins a group of about 10 people including me were called inside for the Security check etc. After clearing that, my documents were checked for eligibility by another lady on the ground floor. I was asked few questions about my lost passport, self employment and my travel outside UK. I had copies of my lost passport, letters from employer and my accounts but the lady did wanted to see any of these. She just stamped, gave me a ticket and asked me to go to the first floor for payment. I got nervous when she asked me these questions, even though I had all the paperwork. I calmed myself and went upstairs (1st floor) for payment. There were two ladies at the counter. I wanted to pay from a Credit card even though I had my debit card details written on the form. I politely asked if I could use my Credit card to make this payment. The lady replied 'Ofcourse'. I did inform my CC bank a day before about a high value transaction to occur next day. I was a bit worried if it would fail but it went smoothly. I was given a receipt with a stamp on the form. Then I was asked to go the waiting area on the same floor (1st).

As soon as I reached the waiting area, my ticket no. was called within 5 mins. At the window, there was a guy who asked for my passport and form. He fed the data on his machine and gave me my docs after a few mins. I left and waited for another 20 mins for my ticket no. to be called for Biometrics. I finished my biometrics within 10 mins and I was out again in the waiting area. So by 12:30 pm. I had finished my biometrics too and now was the time for interview and meeting the caseworker.

I realised that the caseworkers desk were vacant from 1 to 2 pm probably it was lunch time for them but I did not leave the building thinking that someone may call during this time. I was starving and I kept waiting until 2:20 pm before I lost patience as it was almost 2 hours without anything happening. Then I went to the customer service desk and asked the lady if my ticket no. was called as I did go to the loo. I was told no but also I was told that the caseworker was behind her who was actually going to call my no and thats why she was there. pure coincidence. I did not speak to the caseworker at all but the lady at the customer service desk asked for my ticket and application form. She saw my file and said " Are all the supporting docs in that file" I said yes and she took the file. I explained to her that my passport was lost and I had a new passport in that file with copy of my old passport with few stamps. She took the file and gave it to the caseworker who heard our conversation. The caseworker left with the file and the customer service lady advised that it can take about 1.5 hours and suggested me to go out if I wanted. Returned back at about 3:15 pm. I was again waiting with all calmness and positive vibes until 4:15p.m. Then my ticket no was called by the customer service lady. I was full of hope which got shattered when I was told that I have not provided all the documents and a letter was printed out which was supposed to be given to me. The letter stated about my missing pay for the self employment period of 6 months prior to my current employment. I did not understand initially as I thought she was asking for the documents for my unemployment period of 2010 but it was actually 2011 when I was self employed. I realised that and I told I have provided all the docs earlier in my original file with the accountant letter and accounts for that period. The lady replied that the caseworker did not get any of these in the file....face turned red. Now the turning point, Luckily I had a copy of all my docs in a separate file which was with me. I took out a copy of the accounts, my invoices, bank statements for that period, tax letter from HMRC and gave it to her. She said why didn't I give this before and I replied that the accountant's original letter with stamped accounts were in the original file with my P60s and rest of the docs are not in the requirement anyway. She then took the docs and went to the caseworker. She came back with my docs with the caseworker and told me that I was not scoring enough points from my employment of 6 months. I got furious as I had experience of applying my Tier1G and T1G extension visa without any issues. I realised that the caseworker was not competent enough to handle my case. I explained that she should check the website again and she left too. I sat in front of the customer service desk lady for the next half an hour. It was almost 5 pm. I was then told that I was scoring 75 points and not 80 which I was claiming for. This time the caseworker was not satisfied with my degree certificate and said that I can get only 30 points for it and not 35. I knew I was ok now even though I dont get 80 points but I explained it is a master degree recognized in the PB Calculator and she can check it online. She went back and explained to the CW. After another 15 mins, that lady said that her working hours are now over and she had to leave. She explained my case to the other Customer service lady and left in the next 5 mins with a smile. She said dont worry during my last conversation with her and told that my case is now being dealt by 2 case workers- the first one and a senior caseworker. There was only one other applicant in the waiting area, rest of the first floor was empty. After another 15 mins, the first caseworker came with my file and left in on the customer service desk. The other cusotmer service lady incharge had now disappeared somewhere. The CW was actually looking for her. She found her and gave my file to her. She went back in with my passport to take a copy I think. She returned and kept the passport on my file and gave it to the lady. The Customer service lady called me and gave me my file. I asked what happened. She said your application is Approved. I was so happy, felt like jumping and the next few words from my heart were my sincere thanks to the almighty. I took the file and the approval letter in it and went to a chair next to the window and started reading it. I wanted to make 100 per cent sure that everything was ok before I leave the building. All looked fine and suddenly the Caseworker called my ticket no. I was a bit worried again now but she came to give my accounts which she had it and also apologised for not returning earlier. I left the building thanking god.

If my story was normal as in many other cases I read here, I would not have posted but since I had to go through all this, I wanted to share it with all of you.
I learned one important lesson 'Never give up, keep fighting if you are right'.

Thank you all especially sushdmehta and best wishes to all of you :)

sudhibabu
Newly Registered

Post by sudhibabu » Wed Dec 12, 2012 8:04 pm

Thanks for sharing.

kahn

Post by kahn » Tue May 21, 2013 5:04 pm

yogeshbro wrote:I had my ILR application at the Croydon PEO on Friday 12, 2012 at about 11 am. A little bit of background:

2. Worked for 2 employers and self employed for almost 1year during the 5 year period with a gap of unemployment in 2010-11.

Set O Form
Self employment accounts of 1 year and letter from accountant about my tax affairs
Employer letter for absences during my first qualifying employment period of 3.5 years
Previous Visa approval letters for WP, Tier 1, and extension. Been to Croydon twice before.
Current Employer Letter confirming my employment, salary payment with Gross and Net payments and my requirement for the company in future.

Invoices

I reached at the PEO around 10:40 am and entered the building and was asked to take a seat. Then after 15 mins a group of about 10 people including me were called inside for the Security check etc. After clearing that, my documents were checked for eligibility by another lady on the ground floor. I was asked few questions about my lost passport, self employment and my travel outside UK. I had copies of my lost passport, letters from employer and my accounts but the lady did wanted to see any of these. She just stamped, gave me a ticket and asked me to go to the first floor for payment. I got nervous when she asked me these questions, even though I had all the paperwork. I calmed myself and went upstairs (1st floor) for payment. There were two ladies at the counter. I wanted to pay from a Credit card even though I had my debit card details written on the form. I politely asked if I could use my Credit card to make this payment. The lady replied 'Ofcourse'. I did inform my CC bank a day before about a high value transaction to occur next day. I was a bit worried if it would fail but it went smoothly. I was given a receipt with a stamp on the form. Then I was asked to go the waiting area on the same floor (1st).

As soon as I reached the waiting area, my ticket no. was called within 5 mins. At the window, there was a guy who asked for my passport and form. He fed the data on his machine and gave me my docs after a few mins. I left and waited for another 20 mins for my ticket no. to be called for Biometrics. I finished my biometrics within 10 mins and I was out again in the waiting area. So by 12:30 pm. I had finished my biometrics too and now was the time for interview and meeting the caseworker.

I realised that the caseworkers desk were vacant from 1 to 2 pm probably it was lunch time for them but I did not leave the building thinking that someone may call during this time. I was starving and I kept waiting until 2:20 pm before I lost patience as it was almost 2 hours without anything happening. Then I went to the customer service desk and asked the lady if my ticket no. was called as I did go to the loo. I was told no but also I was told that the caseworker was behind her who was actually going to call my no and thats why she was there. pure coincidence. I did not speak to the caseworker at all but the lady at the customer service desk asked for my ticket and application form. She saw my file and said " Are all the supporting docs in that file" I said yes and she took the file. I explained to her that my passport was lost and I had a new passport in that file with copy of my old passport with few stamps. She took the file and gave it to the caseworker who heard our conversation. The caseworker left with the file and the customer service lady advised that it can take about 1.5 hours and suggested me to go out if I wanted. Returned back at about 3:15 pm. I was again waiting with all calmness and positive vibes until 4:15p.m. Then my ticket no was called by the customer service lady. I was full of hope which got shattered when I was told that I have not provided all the documents and a letter was printed out which was supposed to be given to me. The letter stated about my missing pay for the self employment period of 6 months prior to my current employment. I did not understand initially as I thought she was asking for the documents for my unemployment period of 2010 but it was actually 2011 when I was self employed. I realised that and I told I have provided all the docs earlier in my original file with the accountant letter and accounts for that period. The lady replied that the caseworker did not get any of these in the file....face turned red. Now the turning point, Luckily I had a copy of all my docs in a separate file which was with me. I took out a copy of the accounts, my invoices, bank statements for that period, tax letter from HMRC and gave it to her. She said why didn't I give this before and I replied that the accountant's original letter with stamped accounts were in the original file with my P60s and rest of the docs are not in the requirement anyway. She then took the docs and went to the caseworker. She came back with my docs with the caseworker and told me that I was not scoring enough points from my employment of 6 months. I got furious as I had experience of applying my Tier1G and T1G extension visa without any issues. I realised that the caseworker was not competent enough to handle my case. I explained that she should check the website again and she left too. I sat in front of the customer service desk lady for the next half an hour. It was almost 5 pm. I was then told that I was scoring 75 points and not 80 which I was claiming for. This time the caseworker was not satisfied with my degree certificate and said that I can get only 30 points for it and not 35. I knew I was ok now even though I dont get 80 points but I explained it is a master degree recognized in the PB Calculator and she can check it online. She went back and explained to the CW. After another 15 mins, that lady said that her working hours are now over and she had to leave. She explained my case to the other Customer service lady and left in the next 5 mins with a smile. She said dont worry during my last conversation with her and told that my case is now being dealt by 2 case workers- the first one and a senior caseworker. There was only one other applicant in the waiting area, rest of the first floor was empty. After another 15 mins, the first caseworker came with my file and left in on the customer service desk. The other cusotmer service lady incharge had now disappeared somewhere. The CW was actually looking for her. She found her and gave my file to her. She went back in with my passport to take a copy I think. She returned and kept the passport on my file and gave it to the lady. The Customer service lady called me and gave me my file. I asked what happened. She said your application is Approved. I was so happy, felt like jumping and the next few words from my heart were my sincere thanks to the almighty. I took the file and the approval letter in it and went to a chair next to the window and started reading it. I wanted to make 100 per cent sure that everything was ok before I leave the building. All looked fine and suddenly the Caseworker called my ticket no. I was a bit worried again now but she came to give my accounts which she had it and also apologised for not returning earlier. I left the building thanking god.

If my story was normal as in many other cases I read here, I would not have posted but since I had to go through all this, I wanted to share it with all of you.

It is perhaps most valuable post I have read here it is so comprehensive such a morale booster it informs of so many possible pitfalls many of us would not have imagined, it does inspire us never to give up and to defend the case vigorously - thank you. Can you recall what were the questions about lost passport -does procedure always require police report even if it was an expired and cancelled passport -and misplaced in a mixup - it may be needed only for arrival departure record to count absences But this record should be available with eborders anyway. If one is self employed through own business /company what can replace employer letter to verify any absences -If SAR does not certify every arrival and departure is there any other accepted way to resolve this issue.

Kevin24
Diamond Member

Post by Kevin24 » Tue May 21, 2013 9:22 pm

yogeshbro wrote:I had my ILR application at the Croydon PEO on Friday 12, 2012 at about 11 am. A little bit of background:

Set O Form

Invoices

Excellent News. Thank you for sharing your Experience. Happy for you. Never Give Up,really paid off. Enjoy your ILR.
KEVIN
Please Don't send me P. M If I haven't sent you One .