ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Booked an appointment-page error-mail confirmation recieved

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

trek

Booked an appointment-page error-mail confirmation recieved

Post by trek » Tue Oct 02, 2012 9:05 pm

Hi All,

Yesterday I booked my peo appointment for Tier 1 General Extension at Croydon. At the time of booking after I entered the detail an error message was shown. Subsequently I recieved a mail confirmation with subject "Appointment Notification / X-X-XXXXXXX" which mentions the booking reference no. , date, time and place.

All seemed great, untill I saw the appointment checklist, which mentions
Print and sign the official form and bring it to your appointment.
Also the email you recieved confirming the appointment.

I have not recieved any official form of the appointment , just the confirmation mail from UKBA.

On the UKBA Appointment website it says , you can take print of the Official form To do this, click Next below.
I only found continue tab in bottom not next tab.

Anyone who was in similar situation what is official form and how to print/get one.
Also how could I see all the details I have provided while booking (names, date of birth). Just for checking if I type any wrong.
Any contact no. given who can resend the official form.

Is only the email confirmation acceptable to for the PEO Appointment on that day?

Thanks in Advance.
Regards,
Trek

Myb

Post by Myb » Wed Oct 03, 2012 12:26 am

I have had the same problem and im still not sure what to do i hope someone can help both of us to make things clear for us
Thank you

trek

Post by trek » Wed Oct 03, 2012 9:08 am

Myb wrote:I have had the same problem and im still not sure what to do i hope someone can help both of us to make things clear for us
Thank you
I checked with one of my friend who went to PEO 2 weeks back , he told you should have got 2 mails from UKBA confirming the appointment. If you have recieved, that should be enough.

Myb

Post by Myb » Wed Oct 03, 2012 2:13 pm

I did recieve two email " appointment notification " and the other one says " appointment booked ", are these the emails i should have got and what ur friend received ?
Thanks

trek

Post by trek » Wed Oct 03, 2012 4:20 pm

Myb wrote:I did recieve two email " appointment notification " and the other one says " appointment booked ", are these the emails i should have got and what ur friend received ?
Thanks
Both these and he went with these and got his extension done.
I also recieved 2 mails.

If you wish you can give a call to UKBA to confirm the booking reference number.

Good Luck.

Myb

Post by Myb » Wed Oct 03, 2012 4:47 pm

I tried to call them now and been waitting in the phone for over 6 minutes and no answer so i think i ll just take both emails and attend my appointment
Thank you

mrneo

Post by mrneo » Wed Oct 03, 2012 5:19 pm

trek

Post by trek » Thu Oct 04, 2012 2:07 pm

Myb wrote:I tried to call them now and been waitting in the phone for over 6 minutes and no answer so i think i ll just take both emails and attend my appointment
Thank you
Hi,

Mail UKBA at the following email address with your booking reference no. and details your recieved in mail. They will confirm your booking.

applyonlinee-support@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk

They verified mine.

Best of Luck.

arifahmmed
Member of Standing

Post by arifahmmed » Thu Oct 04, 2012 10:23 pm

Hi trek: when you log on to your ukba account does it say about booking information.

trek

Post by trek » Fri Oct 05, 2012 2:27 am

arifahmmed wrote:Hi trek: when you log on to your ukba account does it say about booking information.
Yes

Myb

Post by Myb » Fri Oct 05, 2012 3:00 am

Is ( in my case ) Set(m) The official form they mean on the appointment page or we should be able to print and sign something else ?

trek

Post by trek » Fri Oct 05, 2012 3:10 am

Myb wrote:Is ( in my case ) Set(m) The official form they mean on the appointment page or we should be able to print and sign something else ?
Hi,

I was earlier thinking it was something else. But the response that I received from ukba indicated that it refers to visa applications forms submitted through online need to be printed and signed.

Hence I believe, you only need
1. Hard copy of your application filled and signed
2. Documents, photos
3. Appointment confirmation email
Any other stuff you think is important.

Good luck.

Myb

Post by Myb » Fri Oct 05, 2012 3:57 am

Thanks a lot Trek for your time and help, i have loaaaaads of documents that i will be taking with me on the appointment day, do i have to make a copy of them alll ?
Thank you

trek

Post by trek » Fri Oct 05, 2012 4:27 am

Myb wrote:Thanks a lot Trek for your time and help, i have loaaaaads of documents that i will be taking with me on the appointment day, do i have to make a copy of them alll ?
Thank you
No Worries, it feels great if one gets a response in the forums. Giving away what I got :D

Yes Copies Definitely.
You need to have both originals and photocopies (if i remember self attested photocopies).

I kept 2 copies in my previous application (one set self attested, second without).

Take Care
Trek

Myb

Post by Myb » Fri Oct 05, 2012 7:54 am

Thanks again Trek, what do u mean by a self attested copy ?
Thank you :-)

trek

Post by trek » Fri Oct 05, 2012 3:23 pm

Myb wrote:Thanks again Trek, what do u mean by a self attested copy ?
Signed by Yourself (If it's your document).

arifahmmed
Member of Standing

Post by arifahmmed » Fri Oct 05, 2012 6:53 pm

trek: You are fine with your booking because it showing on your account. I have asked same question (official letter ) to every one who been to PEO appointment. Just screen print of those two email and take with you . I will go like this.

Myb

Post by Myb » Fri Oct 05, 2012 7:15 pm

trek wrote:
Myb wrote:Thanks again Trek, what do u mean by a self attested copy ?
Signed by Yourself (If it's your document).
I still dont understand what you mean Trek, for example if i take a bill as a document i will copy it and take both of them, what should i do to the copy to make it self attested ?
Thanks again Trek

Myb

Post by Myb » Fri Oct 05, 2012 7:22 pm

trek wrote:
Myb wrote:I tried to call them now and been waitting in the phone for over 6 minutes and no answer so i think i ll just take both emails and attend my appointment
Thank you
Hi,

Mail UKBA at the following email address with your booking reference no. and details your recieved in mail. They will confirm your booking.

applyonlinee-support@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk

They verified mine.

Best of Luck.

I sent them an email to confirm my appointment, they replied saying its valid, i asked then if my BC spouse will be able to come into the appointment with me since her presence is required cuz im applying for ILR using form set(m) , they sent me this reply :
"We can confirm that your appointment is valid. However we contacted Cardiff PEO and they said if you bring your dependant with you then you won’t get a same day decision. Therefore you may wish to cancel your booked appointment and book another one that includes your dependants details."
I think they thought she will be applying with me as a dependant
What do you think i should do ?
Thank you

arifahmmed
Member of Standing

Post by arifahmmed » Fri Oct 05, 2012 10:31 pm

Hi Myb: Why did you think you need to verify your appointment (except your BC spouse issue). Did the booking not showing on your account when you log in.

It is much better to have copy of all documents except application form. Specially for PEO appointment to give CW a relief so he/she will not busy for photocopy. But only one copy of each document.

Myb

Post by Myb » Fri Oct 05, 2012 11:46 pm

The booking shows on my account and i received both emails but after i booked the appointment the website gave me an error so i just emailed them now to see but they sent me that reply, should i book another appointment or just use the one i booked already and take my BC spouse with me ?
Thank you, I will copy every single document i have although i have loads lol ;-)
Thanks

arifahmmed
Member of Standing

Post by arifahmmed » Fri Oct 05, 2012 11:51 pm

Myb: If it shows on your account the appointment booked. No doubt you have appointment.

Myb

Post by Myb » Sat Oct 06, 2012 12:20 am

Thank you and what about my BC spouse, can she come in the PEO with me ?

arifahmmed
Member of Standing

Post by arifahmmed » Sat Oct 06, 2012 2:01 pm

Myb: I thinkthe might not let any one in with out name on peo booking.
Please look on UKBA web
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/about ... pointment/
where it said An appointment must be booked in the name of the person who will attend it. Nobody else can attend the appointment in that person's place. If you book an appointment on another person's behalf, you must give their name and they must attend the appointment. A booked appointment cannot be transferred to a different person.

Myb

Post by Myb » Sun Oct 07, 2012 2:54 am

My name is on the booking because im applying fir ILR using form set(m), the question was if my BC spouse could accompany me to the appointment, we ll go together anyway.
Thanks guys for help and advice