ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Passport application

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

mterbla1
Newly Registered

Passport application

Post by mterbla1 » Sat Oct 06, 2012 8:54 am

Hi

Is it possible I can take my husbands application to the post office check & send with my application, or does he need to be there in person as well?

Thanks

M

olawest

Re: Post office check and send in Person

Post by olawest » Sat Oct 06, 2012 9:32 am

mterbla1 wrote:Hi

Is it possible I can take my husbands application to the post office check & send with my application, or does he need to be there in person as well?

Thanks

M
Physical presence of your husband is required. Applying for a passport via the post office is a security issue not be by proxy.

mterbla1
Newly Registered

Post by mterbla1 » Sat Oct 06, 2012 9:39 am

Hi

Sorry to ask but where did you get your information? I just phoned the post office and they said no, as long as the application form is completed and all the supporting document are there.

olawest

Post by olawest » Sat Oct 06, 2012 9:43 am

Sorry to ask but where did you get your information? I just phoned the post office and they said no, as long as the application form is completed and all the supporting document are there.
Is this your first passport application?

Anyway, I will advise you physically ask from Post office.

mterbla1
Newly Registered

Post by mterbla1 » Sat Oct 06, 2012 10:12 am

I called my local post office and I called the helpline and both said I can do it for first passport. I will let you know on Monday how it went, then hopefully we will not enter incorrect information on the forum

noble72uk
- thin ice -

Re: Post office check and send in Person

Post by noble72uk » Sat Oct 06, 2012 10:49 am

Thanks

M
I don't see where is the issue to take your husband's application form along with you, especially when you are applying as well.

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Sat Oct 06, 2012 8:55 pm

There is no need to attend in person. Basically the PO just checks the application for mistakes in filling in the fields. They don't validate the application. The application is then sent by post.