ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA2 Application Timelines - ONLY 1 TOPIC - UpToDate

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

orionite
Newly Registered

Re: Waiting for return of Travel documents

Post by orionite » Fri Oct 05, 2012 11:30 am

orionite wrote:Applied: July 2nd 2012
Received: July 3rd 2012
COA: never!
Passport return: Aug 18th (after a lot of controversy)
RC: processing halted - lack of documentation

They claim, I did not provide passports, proof of residence and proof of employment. In the returned docs, i could not see the bank statement, I think I had included, but everything else was there. The passports were returned, but apparently that removed them from the process.

MrandMrsA
Newly Registered

Re: Not yet here

Post by MrandMrsA » Fri Oct 05, 2012 2:24 pm

azdjani2012 wrote:applied 27 July, HO received on 29 July and its almost 2 months, n i didn't called them, nor email, just waiting waiting waiting, dnt want to bother them..
We havent bothered them either, our 6 months were up yesterday so I called them on behalf of my hubby - the first time a rather rude lady informed me that I should just wait that a decision hasnt been made yet....I asked how long as the 6 months were up, she was like just wait till we contact you :shock:

I ended the phone call feeling so helpless, read up some courage lol and called back, for a gentleman to tell me a package had been sent out that same yesterday at 14.30 --- same time I called the lady...hmmm :roll: :roll:

He confirmed that the package was sent in our return envelope - unfortunately no tracking information till this afternoon.

I just pray to god that it is #our# RC so I can finally sweep away my hubby on honeymoon :P

My advice is - do contact them by email as from the 4th month of application...it could speed up things, looks like they process applications and then just leave them there till we contact them??

Good luck to all of us

avela-onke
Newly Registered

Post by avela-onke » Sat Oct 06, 2012 10:16 am

Hi everyone,
I am an unmarried partner of an EU National (Slovakian) and have applied for my RC to be transferred to my new South African passport having previously held an RC on my old passport that was to expire on 26/04/2016.
Here is my timeline:
EEA2 application sent, 19/06/2012
Application received received by HO, 20/06/2012
E-mailed HO for return of my partners passport: 24/07/2012
Passport received, 31/07/2012
COA, 27/08/2012
RC, 05/10/2012
Last time I applied it took 3 months for my RC to be sent back so fingers crossed it is sent back as quickly this time as I have a family holiday booked for end of October.

hey guys just wanted to share the good news, got my RC in my new passport yesterday, was presently suprised as was losing hope of if coming before my holiday.
Thanks for everyone for their support and good luck to those who are still waiting.

MrandMrsA
Newly Registered

Re: Not yet here

Post by MrandMrsA » Sat Oct 06, 2012 2:40 pm

MrandMrsA wrote:
azdjani2012 wrote:applied 27 July, HO received on 29 July and its almost 2 months, n i didn't called them, nor email, just waiting waiting waiting, dnt want to bother them..
We havent bothered them either, our 6 months were up yesterday so I called them on behalf of my hubby - the first time a rather rude lady informed me that I should just wait that a decision hasnt been made yet....I asked how long as the 6 months were up, she was like just wait till we contact you :shock:

I ended the phone call feeling so helpless, read up some courage lol and called back, for a gentleman to tell me a package had been sent out that same yesterday at 14.30 --- same time I called the lady...hmmm :roll: :roll:

He confirmed that the package was sent in our return envelope - unfortunately no tracking information till this afternoon.

I just pray to god that it is #our# RC so I can finally sweep away my hubby on honeymoon :P

My advice is - do contact them by email as from the 4th month of application...it could speed up things, looks like they process applications and then just leave them there till we contact them??

Good luck to all of us
Yay! RC was in the post today - stamped on the 25th September 2012 :shock: :shock: :shock: I am asking myself how the lady informed me that no decision has been made?

I am just happy to finally being able to move on with life - wish all of you the best

azdjani2012
Mood:
United Kingdom

hey

Post by azdjani2012 » Sat Oct 06, 2012 6:36 pm

ok july people i think within 3 months everybody get COA letter.

Application:- 27 july
HO :- Received 28 july
Letter:- Sent in september 4 coa
COA:- ?
RC:- ?

mhamdsamy

Post by mhamdsamy » Sun Oct 07, 2012 10:44 pm

eea 2 sent 22 may
recieved 23 600 gram
no coa no rc nothing and still waiting
shit i think i sent to much papers and nobody want to take the damnn envelop :lol:

mhamdsamy

Post by mhamdsamy » Sun Oct 07, 2012 10:47 pm

22/05 that mean 4 month and half
:) but i called and they said you should wait
wht kind of music they play it when you on hold anybody know ??

ISIL
Newly Registered

waiting, waiting and still waiting

Post by ISIL » Sun Oct 07, 2012 11:29 pm

Hi guys,

I sent my application on 30th of July, HO received on 31st of July. I called them many times and sent a letter at the beginning of September that I need CAO asap as my future employer has been waiting for a proof but still waiting unfortunately:(

ruben7
Newly Registered

Post by ruben7 » Mon Oct 08, 2012 10:45 am

Has any one made a complaint to this e-mail address : UKBAcustomercomplaints@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk

I called the ukba today to request on the status of my COA and they said to me that NOTHING has been send out and that if I want to complaint I can send them an email to that address !!!

Anyone has ever email them ??

el_fer
Newly Registered

Post by el_fer » Mon Oct 08, 2012 2:05 pm

I think optimism in that doesn´t work, something bad is happening. Some months before applications were resolved (only to get CoA) in 4 weeks.

Nowadays is worse, that is not normal. I don't pretend scare, but people who is not still in UK and are thinking in coming as a EEA Family member, please read the forum and get an idea about times and the difficult to get a job without a real document which demonstrate your real situation in UK. That it is very difficult, in my case from May (5months) intending to get a simple letter showing the status.

Hiyos
Newly Registered

Post by Hiyos » Mon Oct 08, 2012 2:42 pm

At last received my COA.

My timeline:
Application sent - 17/07/12
HO Received - 18/07/12
COA Received - 03/10/12

I sent a letter and called HO once.

andrea.starcevic
Newly Registered

Post by andrea.starcevic » Mon Oct 08, 2012 9:29 pm

Hi guys, I sent my EEA2 application the 21st of July and I still didn't recieve the CoA. I booked holidays for the middle of November 'cause my cousin is getting married. If I request the passports back (my husband's and mine) does that mean that the application will be no longer considerated and I'll have to apply again?

el_fer
Newly Registered

Post by el_fer » Tue Oct 09, 2012 12:02 am

andrea.starcevic wrote:Hi guys, I sent my EEA2 application the 21st of July and I still didn't recieve the CoA. I booked holidays for the middle of November 'cause my cousin is getting married. If I request the passports back (my husband's and mine) does that mean that the application will be no longer considerated and I'll have to apply again?
Hello andrea. No, you don´t have to apply again. If you request your passports you will receive only them and the process continue normally (passports arrive with a letter which explain that). I have requested our passports which arrived in 4 days. Good luck!

andrea.starcevic
Newly Registered

Post by andrea.starcevic » Tue Oct 09, 2012 12:44 am

Thank you so much! You just made my day!!! I allteady thought I won't be able to go to my cousin's wedding and that would make me really sad! So they send you a letter with the passport saying your application is still in progress? Im I gonna have some kind of trouble entering back in the UK or is that letter gonna be enough? Thank you once more!

azdjani2012
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: waiting, waiting and still waiting

Post by azdjani2012 » Tue Oct 09, 2012 12:52 am

ISIL wrote:Hi guys,

I sent my application on 30th of July, HO received on 31st of July. I called them many times and sent a letter at the beginning of September that I need CAO asap as my future employer has been waiting for a proof but still waiting unfortunately:(
dont mention them, u need COA Letter for Job etc, you realy dont know, the people sitting inside HO.i hope u got i mean

azdjani2012
Mood:
United Kingdom

hey

Post by azdjani2012 » Tue Oct 09, 2012 12:56 am

andrea.starcevic wrote:Thank you so much! You just made my day!!! I allteady thought I won't be able to go to my cousin's wedding and that would make me really sad! So they send you a letter with the passport saying your application is still in progress? Im I gonna have some kind of trouble entering back in the UK or is that letter gonna be enough? Thank you once more!
to be honest wen ur coming back u shud be prepare 4, tons of stupd questions asked by Rudy ppl.. one mistake can change the whole game.. i prefer not to go if its not hell important..

el_fer
Newly Registered

Re: hey

Post by el_fer » Tue Oct 09, 2012 12:46 pm

azdjani2012 wrote:
andrea.starcevic wrote:Thank you so much! You just made my day!!! I allteady thought I won't be able to go to my cousin's wedding and that would make me really sad! So they send you a letter with the passport saying your application is still in progress? Im I gonna have some kind of trouble entering back in the UK or is that letter gonna be enough? Thank you once more!
to be honest wen ur coming back u shud be prepare 4, tons of stupd questions asked by Rudy ppl.. one mistake can change the whole game.. i prefer not to go if its not hell important..
The letter which join the passports returned express that you need to apply to a EEA Family permit overseas to come back to UK. I don´t know which country are you from, but if a National of your country needs a visa to enter UK, It is absolutly impossible that you can enter without a new Family Permit. If it is not your case I think you could have less problems to entrance, but showing all evidence you could enter again.

andrea.starcevic
Newly Registered

Post by andrea.starcevic » Tue Oct 09, 2012 5:25 pm

I'm Croatian, so I don't need a visa to enter the country. Does that mean they'll let me in? I'm prepared to torture, as long as they let me in again :/

ISIL
Newly Registered

Re: waiting, waiting and still waiting

Post by ISIL » Tue Oct 09, 2012 5:39 pm

[quote="azdjani2012"][quote="ISIL"]Hi guys,

I sent my application on 30th of July, HO received on 31st of July. I called them many times and sent a letter at the beginning of September that I need CAO asap as my future employer has been waiting for a proof but still waiting unfortunately:([/quote]

dont mention them, u need COA Letter for Job etc, you realy dont know, the people sitting inside HO.i hope u got i mean[/quote]

Yes maybe you are right... A solicitor told me that if i am loosing earnings because of their delay, i should let them know... But anyway, i hope will receive soon, it started to be so frustrating...

jotter
Member of Standing

Post by jotter » Tue Oct 09, 2012 5:40 pm

andrea.starcevic wrote:I'm Croatian, so I don't need a visa to enter the country. Does that mean they'll let me in? I'm prepared to torture, as long as they let me in again :/
It would depend upon the circumstances under which you are trying to enter. Are you visiting the UK? Or are you residing in the UK? If you are residing, under what status?

andrea.starcevic
Newly Registered

Post by andrea.starcevic » Tue Oct 09, 2012 6:04 pm

I entered as a visitor, they put a stamp in my passport for 6 months staying with no right to work. Then I got married in the UK and applied for EEA2.

andrea.starcevic
Newly Registered

Post by andrea.starcevic » Tue Oct 09, 2012 6:06 pm

That happened in february, so the stamp expired end of August. I've been here ever since, this would be my first time to travel back.

jotter
Member of Standing

Post by jotter » Tue Oct 09, 2012 7:10 pm

andrea.starcevic wrote:I entered as a visitor, they put a stamp in my passport for 6 months staying with no right to work. Then I got married in the UK and applied for EEA2.
Wow! So I'm presuming you applied for EEA2 on the basis of your spouse being an EU citizen? Did you need to obtain a Certificate of Approval in order to marry? I'm curious about that because it's normally needed for an EEA non-UK marriage in the UK and it's normally only granted to someone on a visa longer than 6 months.

So what's the status of your EEA2 application? And where is your passport currently?

Sorry about all of the questions and feel free not to answer if you feel I'm being nosey. It's just that the more we know the better we'll be able to judge your chances at the border.

andrea.starcevic
Newly Registered

Post by andrea.starcevic » Tue Oct 09, 2012 8:00 pm

I didn't have to apply for a certificate of approval. We didn't have any problems at for getting married.

andrea.starcevic
Newly Registered

Post by andrea.starcevic » Tue Oct 09, 2012 8:01 pm

My passport is in Liverpool with them. I sent it along with all the other documents required for the EEA2 application