ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

British Citizenship for my Child born in India?

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

kishore786
Newly Registered

Post by kishore786 » Sat Oct 06, 2012 12:36 pm

Recently i have received British Citizen through naturalisation(5 year wp+1 Year ILR) on 26/Sep/2012 (Ceremony Date at council)

i am expecting baby in December 2012 in India .

1. Does my baby qualifies for British passport born in India in December ?

2.What form do i need to fill up if qualifies to British passport?

3.supporting Documents Needed for British Passport application form applying from India ?

kishore786
Newly Registered

Post by kishore786 » Sat Oct 06, 2012 12:56 pm

Just adding to above note :
My Wife still on Indian passport..

So I am on British Passport Through Naturalisation and My wife is on Indian Passport.

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Sat Oct 06, 2012 9:48 pm

1. As the child would be born abroad to a British citizen (by naturalisation), the child will be British from birth. There is no need to make an application. The child will be British by decent which means he will not be able to pass British citizenship to his children if they are born abroad.

2 &3. See How to apply from India.

kishore786
Newly Registered

Post by kishore786 » Sun Oct 07, 2012 5:39 pm

Thanks for getting back to me .

as part of application(C2 FORM) SECTION 1A " Was the child born in a foreign country and birth registered at British consulate?

is this something i need to register after child is born with British consulate in india prior to process application form for child first British passport .

your advise will be greatly appreciated

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Sun Oct 07, 2012 6:22 pm

Marriage and birth in India wrote:British Consular Officers can register the birth of a child born in India who has an automatic claim to British nationality at birth. Consular birth registration is not compulsory and the child’s Indian birth certificate with a certified translation if necessary, is sufficient for all purposes including a passport application.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Tue Oct 30, 2012 1:33 am

kishore786 wrote:Hi All,
Recently i have got my British nationality through naturalisation...I will be applying British passport for my new born child in India.
Can anyone please advise on 3 questions.

1. I will be visiting to India on paternity Leave for 2 weeks and need to return to my job after 2 weeks . I understand i can colour photocopy my passport attested by UK solicitor and submit these copies instead of my british passport along with application C2 application form ,so that while it process i can travel back to uk with british passport.

can i use attested photocopy of my british passport ?

2.counter signatory eligibility : my friend who is a
Indian national (commonwealth citizen) + Engineering qualification + Project Manager + works for TATA consultancy +Known me for 6 years

Is he eligible to be counter signatory?

3. can i use SMART FORM instead of C2 form : for first child British passport?

i would be really grateful if you can advise me on this
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

kishore786
Newly Registered

Post by kishore786 » Tue Oct 30, 2012 7:41 pm

Hi All,
Recently i have got my British nationality through naturalisation...I will be applying British passport for my new born child in India.
Can anyone please advise on 3 questions.

1. I will be visiting to India on paternity Leave for 2 weeks and need to return to my job after 2 weeks . I understand i can colour photocopy my passport attested by UK solicitor and submit these copies instead of my british passport along with application C2 application form ,so that while it process i can travel back to uk with british passport.

can i use attested photocopy of my british passport ?

2.counter signatory eligibility : my friend who is a
Indian national (commonwealth citizen) + Engineering qualification + Project Manager + works for TATA consultancy +Known me for 6 years

Is he eligible to be counter signatory?

3. can i use SMART FORM instead of C2 form : for first child British passport?

i would be really grateful if you can advise me on this

kishore786
Newly Registered

Post by kishore786 » Thu Nov 01, 2012 12:00 am

any feedback greatly appreciated ...

Thank yu