ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

VERY URGENT - Tier2 submitted but job is NQF level4

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

blobfish
Newly Registered

VERY URGENT - Tier2 submitted but job is NQF level4

Post by blobfish » Sat Oct 06, 2012 12:17 pm

Hello,

I submitted tier2 application on 27 of September(PSW - Tier2) and just realized my job is at NQF level 4 or above. I didn't know it was increased to level 6 since June cuz I refered to the old April code of practice(saved the pdf...)

They changed this policy silently that I didn't even notice it.

Will I get refused because of this? What should I do at the moment? I can't just wait until they refuse me cuz my PSW expire on Dec 14th. Shall I withdraw my application and tell my employer to apply for another COS but i don't know how long will that take? We got only one unrestricted Cos when issued the sponsorship.

Anyone have some advice? It will be much appreciated.

makky86
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: VERY URGENT - Tier2 submitted but job is NQF level4

Post by makky86 » Sat Oct 06, 2012 1:09 pm

blobfish wrote:Hello,

I submitted tier2 application on 27 of September(PSW - Tier2) and just realized my job is at NQF level 4 or above. I didn't know it was increased to level 6 since June cuz I refered to the old April code of practice(saved the pdf...)

Will I get refused because of this? What should I do at the moment? I can't just wait until they refuse me cuz my PSW expire on Dec 14th. Shall I withdraw my application and tell my employer to apply for another COS but i don't know how long will that take? We got only one unrestricted Cos when issued the sponsorship.

They will refuse straight away.

Withdraw your applicatoin and ask your employer to change the SOC code on your COS.

You can edit fields in COS as long as its not used .

Do it asap. once they refuse you cannot re use COS and it takes 5 monts to get another COS even unrestricted.

blobfish
Newly Registered

Post by blobfish » Sat Oct 06, 2012 1:17 pm

muhdkhokhar wrote:

Withdraw your applicatoin and ask your employer to change the SOC code on your COS.

Do it asap. once they refuse you cannot re use COS and it takes 5 monts to get another COS even unrestricted.
Thank you for your reply! So as long as they haven't checked my cos that means my employ can edit the COS? So i just need to find a job code at level 6 that will be fine? However, I can't find any information how to edit it? Could you expain a bit more?

Your advice has been very helpful. Thank you so much.

makky86
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by makky86 » Sat Oct 06, 2012 1:45 pm

blobfish wrote:
muhdkhokhar wrote:

Thank you for your reply! So as long as they haven't checked my cos that means my employ can edit the COS? So i just need to find a job code at level 6 that will be fine? However, I can't find any information how to edit it? Could you expain a bit more?

Your advice has been very helpful. Thank you so much.

I can't seem to find the source of it. But check with your employer. They have access to SMS . There might be option.

makky86
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by makky86 » Sat Oct 06, 2012 1:51 pm

I am extremely sorry but it cannot be amended. Sorry

blobfish
Newly Registered

Post by blobfish » Sat Oct 06, 2012 2:03 pm

muhdkhokhar wrote:I am extremely sorry but it cannot be amended. Sorry
I found this on ukba webiste:
You must make sure that the migrant's details are right when you create a certificate of sponsorship.

You can use the 'sponsor note' field to amend minor errors identified after the certificate of sponsorship has been created. Examples of acceptable amendments are corrections to a mistyped name or date of birth.

If the main details are wrong, you must cancel the certificate and assign a new one, if needed, to ensure that the details are the same as the one in the migrant's application. You must do this if, for example:

the SOC code or tier/category is incorrect; or
more than one of the migrant's identifiable details need to be changed - such as a full change to the date of birth and nationality, or to the surname and date of birth.
If you assign a new certificate of sponsorship, you will need to pay the relevant fee for assigning a certificate of sponsorship.

Please note that the 'sponsor note' field can only be used to notify changes on a live certificate of sponsorship.
Does that mean I can ask my employer to cancel the current one and assign a new one without request a new slot? And at the same time I should withdraw my application?

makky86
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by makky86 » Sat Oct 06, 2012 4:01 pm

blobfish wrote:
You must make sure that the migrant's details are right when you create a certificate of sponsorship.

You can use the 'sponsor note' field to amend minor errors identified after the certificate of sponsorship has been created. Examples of acceptable amendments are corrections to a mistyped name or date of birth.

If the main details are wrong, you must cancel the certificate and assign a new one, if needed, to ensure that the details are the same as the one in the migrant's application. You must do this if, for example:

more than one of the migrant's identifiable details need to be changed - such as a full change to the date of birth and nationality, or to the surname and date of birth.
If you assign a new certificate of sponsorship, you will need to pay the relevant fee for assigning a certificate of sponsorship.

Please note that the 'sponsor note' field can only be used to notify changes on a live certificate of sponsorship.
Does that mean I can ask my employer to cancel the current one and assign a new one without request a new slot? And at the same time I should withdraw my application?
I think you've got it.But you could check with ICS Legal. They have all the knowledge. Its really cheap but they are great. I have a good experience from them.

http://www.icslegal.com/

blobfish
Newly Registered

Post by blobfish » Sun Oct 07, 2012 12:44 pm

muhdkhokhar wrote:
blobfish wrote:

I think you've got it.But you could check with ICS Legal. They have all the knowledge. Its really cheap but they are great. I have a good experience from them.

However, they also said:
In addition, the following table lists those occupations which are skilled to NQF level 4 but not to NQF level 6. Tier 2 applicants can only be sponsored for jobs in these occupations if:
 the job appears on the Shortage Occupation List, or
 the job is in one of the creative sector occupations marked “NQF 4 (Creative)”, or
 the applicant is currently in the UK under Tier 2, and has been in Tier 2 since before the changes made on 14 June 2012 came into force, or
 the applicant is currently in the UK under an old immigration category that was replaced by Tier 2, such as work permit holders.

Isn't PSW replaced by Tier2 and is a work permit? They made this too ambigous....I am working under PSW now, does that help?

makky86
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by makky86 » Sun Oct 07, 2012 2:29 pm

blobfish wrote:
muhdkhokhar wrote:
blobfish wrote:

However, they also said:
In addition, the following table lists those occupations which are skilled to NQF level 4 but not to NQF level 6. Tier 2 applicants can only be sponsored for jobs in these occupations if:
 the job is in one of the creative sector occupations marked “NQF 4 (Creative)”, or
 the applicant is currently in the UK under Tier 2, and has been in Tier 2 since before the changes made on 14 June 2012 came into force, or
 the applicant is currently in the UK under an old immigration category that was replaced by Tier 2, such as work permit holders.

Isn't PSW replaced by Tier2 and is a work permit? They made this too ambigous....I am working under PSW now, does that
help?
No PSW isnt replaced by Tier 2. They used to have Work permit before Tier 2. PSW is Tier 1.

blobfish
Newly Registered

Post by blobfish » Sun Oct 07, 2012 2:36 pm

muhdkhokhar wrote:
blobfish wrote:
muhdkhokhar wrote:
blobfish wrote:

However, they also said:

Isn't PSW replaced by Tier2 and is a work permit? They made this too ambigous....I am working under PSW now, does that
help?
No PSW isnt replaced by Tier 2. They used to have Work permit before Tier 2. PSW is Tier 1.
Thanks for your answer. So I guess what I can do now is:

1. call UKBA to confirm the new rule first thing tomorrow morning.
2. withdraw my application to get my documents back in case get refuses
3. ask my employer to cancel the current Certificate of sponsorship and assign a new one ( We were given ONE unrestricted cos with our sponsorship application, now if we cancel that assigned one, do we need to request more, or just need to assign directly since my COS is not used?)
4. Re submitted my application

What do you think? Thanks in advance.