ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Citizenship timeline tracker.

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Ben
Diamond Member

Post by Ben » Fri Oct 05, 2012 12:39 pm

Yes.
I am no longer posting publicly on this website - PM me if needed.

waiting2beirish

Re: Initial processing.....

Post by waiting2beirish » Fri Oct 05, 2012 4:28 pm

weeno wrote:Hi Guys,

I've received a letter from initial processing team asking to submit copy of my spouse passport within 28 days. Any body knows how long the initial team take to make the final decision? Will I have a chance to attend the December ceremony?

Thanks,
when did you apply and on what basis ?
Not waiting any more

Hussein
Newly Registered

Alslalm 3lekm

Post by Hussein » Sat Oct 06, 2012 8:36 am

Hello everybody
Sorry 4 my poor language, my friend got be4 few days ago letter from Further Processing Team asking him 4 up to date copy of GNIB, He sent it next day, Then He got letter from same team said we got ur letter, Note:He applied 4 citizenship in April 2011, Can u share ur experience.
Thx in advance,
Regards.

mhmh
Newly Registered

Re: Alslalm 3lekm

Post by mhmh » Sat Oct 06, 2012 7:24 pm

Hussein wrote:Hello everybody
Sorry 4 my poor language, my friend got be4 few days ago letter from Further Processing Team asking him 4 up to date copy of GNIB, He sent it next day, Then He got letter from same team said we got ur letter, Note:He applied 4 citizenship in April 2011, Can u share ur experience.
Thx in advance,
Regards.
can i ask u hussein in what basis ur friend applied??

Hussein
Newly Registered

Hello

Post by Hussein » Sun Oct 07, 2012 8:52 am

Hello
He applied as a refugee

mhmh
Newly Registered

Re: Hello

Post by mhmh » Sun Oct 07, 2012 10:03 am

Hussein wrote:Hello
He applied as a refugee
i think he will get a letter with the december cermonty date

Hussein
Newly Registered

Hello

Post by Hussein » Sun Oct 07, 2012 11:25 am

Hello
I hope he'll get his letter at that date
Thx 4 reply
Regards.

aya101

Post by aya101 » Sun Oct 07, 2012 12:51 pm

mhmh wrote:
He applied as a refugee
So u don't need to make an appointment for the ceremony they will give u the date?

cleangreen

Post by cleangreen » Mon Oct 08, 2012 9:36 am

aya101 wrote:
mhmh wrote:
He applied as a refugee
So u don't need to make an appointment for the ceremony they will give u the date?
No you don't need to make an appointment any more. They will give you a date for the ceremony

dublinkhan
Newly Registered

hi all

Post by dublinkhan » Wed Oct 10, 2012 10:38 pm

is anyone gat dec ceremony date?

robby1
BANNED

Post by robby1 » Thu Oct 11, 2012 8:06 pm

Hi, I know doctor got approval aftrer 5 years and spouse of irish got approval after year and a half they r both from pakistan.fingers crossed we will be in next batch ,i applied in oct 2011. Please keep updating

Azadi
Newly Registered

Post by Azadi » Thu Oct 11, 2012 11:22 pm

hi,well I came 11 years ago in this country as a qualified doctor and working since 2003 and have payed at least 200 thousands euro tax since then and have saved many irish and non Irish 's life here , and still have to renew my visa when it expires , if I loose my job I have to leave the country. still in this country I dont have any right, at the same time I came to Ireland my close friend went to USA and overstayed there illigally and worked in black market with paying no tax,but around two years ago the US government gave residency to him and other illigal residents. now just see what is the difference between these two country.

waiting2beirish

Post by waiting2beirish » Fri Oct 12, 2012 10:16 am

Azadi wrote:hi,well I came 11 years ago in this country as a qualified doctor and working since 2003 and have payed at least 200 thousands euro tax since then and have saved many irish and non Irish 's life here , and still have to renew my visa when it expires , if I loose my job I have to leave the country. still in this country I dont have any right, at the same time I came to Ireland my close friend went to USA and overstayed there illigally and worked in black market with paying no tax,but around two years ago the US government gave residency to him and other illigal residents. now just see what is the difference between these two country.
Clearly USA is the best :D

You are not alone, I too came here in 2002 as a student paid 20K in NON-EU fees for MD, did PhD, got 0.5 million € research grant money from EU for Irish University, have paid 1000's in tax, PRSI, USC ...no right or facility for me or my wife (she is sitting at home with stamp 3) ...still just waiting, really regret coming to this country ...just waiting to get the passport and get out of here, waiting for Azadi :)
Not waiting any more

blessed_sinner

Post by blessed_sinner » Fri Oct 12, 2012 12:36 pm

[quote="waiting2beirish"][quote="Azadi"]hi,well I came 11 years ago in this country as a qualified doctor and working since 2003 and have payed at least 200 thousands euro tax since then and have saved many irish and non Irish 's life here , and still have to renew my visa when it expires , if I loose my job I have to leave the country. still in this country I dont have any right, at the same time I came to Ireland my close friend went to USA and overstayed there illigally and worked in black market with paying no tax,but around two years ago the US government gave residency to him and other illigal residents. now just see what is the difference between these two country.[/quote]

Clearly USA is the best :D

You are not alone, I too came here in 2002 as a student paid 20K in NON-EU fees for MD, did PhD, got 0.5 million € research grant money from EU for Irish University, have paid 1000's in tax, PRSI, USC ...no right or facility for me or my wife (she is sitting at home with stamp 3) ...still just waiting, really regret coming to this country ...just waiting to get the passport and get out of here, waiting for Azadi :)[/quote]

Hi guys,

Im in the same boat. paid more than 150K in taxes in last 9 years as IT prof.

1 of my friends wife is going for Monday ceremony as Irish spouse. From Pakistan as well. Dot lose hope, inshAllah we should get it in Dec or Feb i believe. :)

actonye
Newly Registered

Post by actonye » Fri Oct 12, 2012 12:41 pm

Azadi wrote:hi,well I came 11 years ago in this country as a qualified doctor and working since 2003 and have payed at least 200 thousands euro tax since then and have saved many irish and non Irish 's life here , and still have to renew my visa when it expires , if I loose my job I have to leave the country. still in this country I dont have any right, at the same time I came to Ireland my close friend went to USA and overstayed there illigally and worked in black market with paying no tax,but around two years ago the US government gave residency to him and other illigal residents. now just see what is the difference between these two country.
we are all in the same boat, i actually went to medical school here, and have been working as a doctor here for the last 6 years, and i have been refused citizenship on the first application, for a reason which i'm still finding hard to understand. I wonder why i ever came to this country. but as the moment i have to wait for this passport, cos it's all i will take out of this place, and once i leave i never want to return, ever.

waiting2beirish

Post by waiting2beirish » Fri Oct 12, 2012 12:47 pm

Looks INIS is deliberately delaying the naturalizaion application of high tax payers (I myself pay around 16.5 K/year in Tax, PRSI & USC) like Doc, IT people bcos they also know once these guys will get irish passport they will be out of here the next day ... just hope my application is approved this Dec, have a job lined up in London.
Last edited by waiting2beirish on Fri Oct 12, 2012 2:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Not waiting any more

actonye
Newly Registered

Post by actonye » Fri Oct 12, 2012 1:18 pm

waiting2beirish wrote:Looks INIS is deliberately delaying the naturalizaion application of high tax payers like Doc, IT people bcos they also know once these guys will get irish passport they will be out of here the next day ... just hope my application is approved this Dec, have a job lined up in London.
that would be really sad of them wouldn't it. attempt to ruin peoples lives and then some. I know i have to be here till next year now, had to post-pone job applications in the states cos of this passport. God willing we all get it soon.

waiting2beirish

Post by waiting2beirish » Fri Oct 12, 2012 2:36 pm

actonye wrote:
waiting2beirish wrote:Looks INIS is deliberately delaying the naturalizaion application of high tax payers like Doc, IT people bcos they also know once these guys will get irish passport they will be out of here the next day ... just hope my application is approved this Dec, have a job lined up in London.
that would be really sad of them wouldn't it. attempt to ruin peoples lives and then some. I know i have to be here till next year now, had to post-pone job applications in the states cos of this passport. God willing we all get it soon.
I too hope for the same ...just want to get my passport ..pack my bags and leave this place :P
Not waiting any more

NewIrish

Post by NewIrish » Fri Oct 12, 2012 3:30 pm

waiting2beirish wrote:Looks INIS is deliberately delaying the naturalizaion application of high tax payers (I myself pay around 16.5 K/year in Tax, PRSI & USC) like Doc, IT people bcos they also know once these guys will get irish passport they will be out of here the next day ... just hope my application is approved this Dec, have a job lined up in London.
I heard this before.....

It is not fair...in the previous government your chances would be better if you are working....not any more....so if you are "Good" resident and paying taxes you will not be rewarded...but if you are on social and perhaps cheating the system well fair play to you come on get approved and enjoy your life.....

Good luck everyone....

robby1
BANNED

Post by robby1 » Fri Oct 12, 2012 5:59 pm

Infact I know many guys on social welfare got approval very quick, very fruststing.

robby1
BANNED

Post by robby1 » Fri Oct 12, 2012 6:01 pm

Very frustating.

waiting2beirish

Post by waiting2beirish » Fri Oct 12, 2012 6:52 pm

robby1 wrote:Infact I know many guys on social welfare got approval very quick, very fruststing.
Well that is what being "Real Irish" is... live on social welfare..with a medical card and have children for child benefit.. work but pay no tax (drive taxi or do construction work).

This country is not for hard working , highly qualified people who pay high taxes !!!
Not waiting any more

math.PI
Newly Registered

Post by math.PI » Fri Oct 12, 2012 9:34 pm

Guys you do realise once you get citizenship + passport, you can only live in another country up to 7 years and fill out a form every year saying that you want to keep your citizenship. After 7 years, you lose it if you don't live here.

khan24

naturalisation

Post by khan24 » Fri Oct 12, 2012 9:52 pm

naturalised Irish citizens could lose their citizenship ---
http://metroeireann.com/article/new-iri ... nship,3326

IQU
Diamond Member

Post by IQU » Sat Oct 13, 2012 1:07 am

even if you loose your irish citizenship its not worth you will have that time the citizenship of the another country where you going to spent your 7 valuable years