ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Dependant application

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

grad86
Newly Registered

Dependant application

Post by grad86 » Sat Oct 06, 2012 7:46 pm

Hi again,

Once again searched through the forums and the guidance notes but can't find an explanation to main applicant's normal country of residence in the dependant application form. All the guidance notes say is:

Sponsor's normal country of residence
Please provide details as requested.

Clearly they think its trivial. I have Tier 2(G) leave to remain, and have been in UK for 3 yrs (prev on student visa for one year). Is my normal country of residence where I am living or my country of permanent residency?

Thanks.

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Sat Oct 06, 2012 8:07 pm

Your country of residence is not relevant. Your partner's country of residence is that of her nationality or where she has a residence permit other than as a visitor (and clearly not from inside the UK).

ECB5 Where to apply - the policy
[...]

Applications for all other types of entry clearance, including PBS* and settlement (*see tier 5 exception below) should be made in the applicant's country of residence. 'Country of residence' is not necessarily their country of origin and refers to wherever the applicant has permission to reside, for example, for work or study purposes. Many countries will issue overseas nationals with residency cards in these cases. An applicant who has permission to stay in a country as a visitor for 6 months, for example, is not a resident.
Last edited by Lucapooka on Sat Oct 06, 2012 8:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

grad86
Newly Registered

Post by grad86 » Sat Oct 06, 2012 8:15 pm

Thanks for your reply Lucapooka.

But it says sponsor's normal country of residence, surely that's mine and not my partner's?

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Sat Oct 06, 2012 8:33 pm

What says sponsor's normal country of residence; can be elaborate? I assumed this enquiry was in regard to where your partner may apply for entry clearance as a PBS dependant.

grad86
Newly Registered

Post by grad86 » Sat Oct 06, 2012 8:39 pm

Sorry I should've mentioned that.

My partner is applying from Pakistan - that's her country of residence. I am in UK for the last 3 years on tier 2. Her application form has a section on the main applicant's details i.e. my details. And in that section after asking about my name, date of birth, the form asks for sponsor's normal country of normal residence? My leave to remain in the UK is until Dec 2013.

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Sat Oct 06, 2012 8:45 pm

Your normal (habitual) country of residence is PK; your current country of residence is the UK.

grad86
Newly Registered

Post by grad86 » Sat Oct 06, 2012 8:46 pm

Thanks!

grad86
Newly Registered

Post by grad86 » Fri Oct 12, 2012 3:01 pm

Hi,

Just been stuck on this question:

Q) Please state the amount of money available and total number of dependants.

My wife is applying for her dependant visa. She is not employed and I will be providing my bank statements to show the funds. I know these are being asked to her and not the main applicant.

Is the amount of money the sum that I am showing in MY bank statements? Do they just want the updated balance? And with regards to the number of dependants, she is the only one applying, so will that be 1 or 0? ( I mean she IS the dependant so why is the question directed at the dependant herself? Or are they asking me? )

PS. Thanks sushdmehta for pointing out. I started a new thread because the question was different but makes much more sense to keep an application-specific stuff together.

Many thanks.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Fri Oct 12, 2012 3:18 pm

Reading the Policy guidance on dependants of points-based system migrants before attempting to fill the form will help.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

grad86
Newly Registered

Post by grad86 » Fri Oct 12, 2012 3:26 pm

I've read that. My question is not about how much funds need to be shown - its about clarifying in what this question is asking. Couldn't find that in the link you gave. Can you point out where it is?

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Fri Oct 12, 2012 4:10 pm

My mistake. Apologies!

This question doesn't appear on the paper form so I assume that you are referring to an online form where this irrelevant question is asked. In such case, I believe the closing balance of the bank statement you are providing is what needs to be put in as an answer.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

grad86
Newly Registered

Post by grad86 » Fri Oct 12, 2012 4:14 pm

Thanks! And yes, I forgot to mention that this is the online form.

grad86
Newly Registered

Post by grad86 » Sat Nov 17, 2012 3:07 pm

Just wanted to thank for your help here. Applied for wife's visa and got it in 3 weeks :)

Thanks for all the help!