ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 (General) extension - passport

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

AngryCat
Newly Registered

Tier 1 (General) extension - passport

Post by AngryCat » Sat Oct 06, 2012 11:23 am

Hi all

I'm having a mild panic attack. I have just posted my completed forms for Tier 1 (General) extension, and realised that there's a 99% chance I didn't sign my new passport... :cry:
My old visas are both in my old passport, but I submitted both old and new passports, as per the form.
Will my application be rejected for not signing the new passport? It does, however, contain an electronic signaure and other secure electronic information in the (main) identification page.

Thanks.

madhumesh
India

Re: Tier 1 (General) extension - passport

Post by madhumesh » Sat Oct 06, 2012 11:02 pm

How do you sign your passport?
AngryCat wrote:Hi all

I'm having a mild panic attack. I have just posted my completed forms for Tier 1 (General) extension, and realised that there's a 99% chance I didn't sign my new passport... :cry:
My old visas are both in my old passport, but I submitted both old and new passports, as per the form.
Will my application be rejected for not signing the new passport? It does, however, contain an electronic signaure and other secure electronic information in the (main) identification page.

Thanks.

AngryCat
Newly Registered

Post by AngryCat » Sun Oct 07, 2012 11:04 am

With a pen.

Manka10

Post by Manka10 » Mon Oct 08, 2012 11:12 am

AngryCat wrote:With a pen.
can be a pencil too as they laminate the cover page after putting all the details... :lol:

you are not supposed to write or sign anywhere after you receive the passport, the respective embassy will put the signature that you provided on the cover page when you applied
Manka

AngryCat
Newly Registered

Post by AngryCat » Mon Oct 08, 2012 11:35 am

No... ours are a little different. It has a page where the bearer is asked to complete name and address details (in black ink), and then sign the bottom.
Thanks for the help though.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Mon Oct 08, 2012 1:59 pm

Some people assume that everyone has the same passport as their own!!

AngryCat, shouldn't be an issue - as your passport has your electronic signature embossed.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!