ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Passport with UKBA for ILR application but I need to travel!

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

kittste
Newly Registered

Passport with UKBA for ILR application but I need to travel!

Post by kittste » Sun Oct 07, 2012 11:19 am

Hi,

I am Russian. Married to a UK citizen. I am approaching the end of my two year FLR visa (expires 20-Oct-2012) and just applied for an ILR visa, so my passport and BRP are now with UKBA.

However, I need to travel urgently now!

If I retrieve my passport I will lose the £991 fee.

Does anyone know what my situation will be if I retrieve my passport, leave the UK and then return after my current FLR visa expires on 20-Oct-2012? Will I have to apply for another visa to return to the UK?

Alternatively, could I leave my application in the system and travel on temporary travel documents? I know UK citizens can get temporary travel documents, but need to check if Russians can get similar documents from the Russian embassy. Presumably I would still effectively end up "visa-less" if I return to the UK after 20-Oct-2012?

Thanks.