ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Financial requirement: definition of financial year

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

frustratedbrit

Financial requirement: definition of financial year

Post by frustratedbrit » Sun Oct 07, 2012 12:45 pm

In Appendix FM-SE of immigration rules, in relation to the financial requirement for a settlement visa for a self-employed sponsor, there is reference to "financial year":
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/polic ... ndix-fmse/
In particular, in paragraph 13(e):

"Where the person is self-employed, their gross annual income will be the total of their gross income from their self-employment, from any salaried employment they have had, from specified non-employment income received by them or their partner, and from income from a UK or foreign State pension or a private pension received by them or their partner, in the last full financial year or as an average of the last two full financial years."

Presumably this paragraph applies both to sole traders/partnerships/etc and to private limited companies.

For a sole trader/etc, I can imagine "financial year" means the personal tax year (which ends in April). But what about for a private limited company? Is it the tax year of the company or of the individual? My company tax year ends in November. So for me is it the year ending in November or the year ending in April or both?

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Sun Oct 07, 2012 12:57 pm

Please continue in the existing topic.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!