ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spousal Visa Application - Pakistan (Timeline Only)

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

scorpio7

Post by scorpio7 » Sat Oct 06, 2012 12:58 pm

@ Shuby...well i think that with feb/March applicants it was something new that they had delayed their applications ..but now with us April applicants I think they have gotten used to it so no need of aplologizing when something has become a trend ..lol...Well let hope & pray that all our applications r done with in a few weeks time with positive results InshAllah.We've waited so far..so a few more days shudnt hurt.

Horizon
Newly Registered

Post by Horizon » Sat Oct 06, 2012 3:34 pm

i have applied on 06/07/12
havent heard any thing after under process message.

shuby

Post by shuby » Sat Oct 06, 2012 3:47 pm

scorpio7 wrote:@ Shuby...well i think that with feb/March applicants it was something new that they had delayed their applications ..but now with us April applicants I think they have gotten used to it so no need of aplologizing when something has become a trend ..lol...Well let hope & pray that all our applications r done with in a few weeks time with positive results InshAllah.We've waited so far..so a few more days shudnt hurt.
Yeh your probs right. I remember before thinking 24 weeks would be longest possible scenario. Now its become normal that its likely to go over. Inshallah soon, and like you said a late yes is beter than a quick no :)

ALKB
Respected Guru
Germany

Post by ALKB » Sat Oct 06, 2012 4:27 pm

shuby wrote:Yeh your probs right. I remember before thinking 24 weeks would be longest possible scenario. Now its become normal that its likely to go over. Inshallah soon, and like you said a late yes is beter than a quick no :)
My brother-in-law submitted his application one day after you and received his refusal on 1. October - a 'no' does not seem to be very quick, either.

NA
Newly Registered

Post by NA » Sat Oct 06, 2012 5:53 pm

:( It seems like 24 weeks has become the new minimum waiting period.

zny
Newly Registered

Post by zny » Sat Oct 06, 2012 6:40 pm

@ALKB
why was ur brother in laws visa refused if u dnt mind me askin

Shah12

Post by Shah12 » Sat Oct 06, 2012 6:46 pm

Shah12

Post by Shah12 » Sat Oct 06, 2012 6:51 pm

shuby

Post by shuby » Sat Oct 06, 2012 6:53 pm

ALKB wrote:
shuby wrote:Yeh your probs right. I remember before thinking 24 weeks would be longest possible scenario. Now its become normal that its likely to go over. Inshallah soon, and like you said a late yes is beter than a quick no :)
My brother-in-law submitted his application one day after you and received his refusal on 1. October - a 'no' does not seem to be very quick, either.
That must hurt to be honest. If you wait such a long time and it still gets refused. Then u got to wait the same length of time again if you appeal. I feel sorry for him. Inshallah that wont be the case for the rest of us....

ALKB
Respected Guru
Germany

Post by ALKB » Sat Oct 06, 2012 6:53 pm

zny wrote:@ALKB
Long and complicated story short: she was working in the shop of a relative, which was sold about a month after the application had been submitted. UKBA checked on her employment and could not reach the business as it did not exist anymore. They also said they could 'not trace the employer on open source media' (internet? - I tried to google the thing myself and came up empty).

Thus they do not believe that she is/was employed at all.

She now has a new job and they will appeal. The only thing I am not clear about, is whether her new job will be considered as new evidence since she started it before the decision was made.

omed

horizon

Post by omed » Sun Oct 07, 2012 3:34 am

hi we applied nd the same date plz advise if i get any news
thanks my time line
ISL 060712

m3y

Post by m3y » Sun Oct 07, 2012 10:03 am

ALKB wrote:
Long and complicated story short: she was working in the shop of a relative, which was sold about a month after the application had been submitted. UKBA checked on her employment and could not reach the business as it did not exist anymore. They also said they could 'not trace the employer on open source media' (internet? - I tried to google the thing myself and came up empty).

She now has a new job and they will appeal. The only thing I am not clear about, is whether her new job will be considered as new evidence since she started it before the decision was made.
I dont see how they could reject the appeal... businesses close down and people change jobs all the time and wont stop happening just because of ukba lol.... im sure your appeal will be fine
- 10/05/2012 Applied in Islamabad
- 10/05/2012 Application Forwarded to Islamabad OC
- 23/05/2012 Visa application is under process at the British High Commission.
-09/10/2012 Visa Granted :)

ALKB
Respected Guru
Germany

Post by ALKB » Sun Oct 07, 2012 10:54 am

m3y wrote:
ALKB wrote:

I dont see how they could reject the appeal... businesses close down and people change jobs all the time and wont stop happening just because of ukba lol.... im sure your appeal will be fine
I don't know whether it's all that easy.

As I understand it, she should have informed UKBA of her change in circumstances, both when she lost her job and found a new one. Her new job is a temp job, as I just found out - I don't know what good it will do.

Aditionally, the shop owner didn't give her her P45 and the way she is wording things when I talk to her suggest, that they might have been, er, a bit lax where the paperwork was concerned.

All a bit fishy.

Anyhow, sorry for clogging up the thread, I'll take this over to the appeal thread and see whether somebody has experience with something similar.

arbab000
Newly Registered

Post by arbab000 » Sun Oct 07, 2012 1:06 pm

@ALKB
Was it your brother in law that was refused! U keep ref to him as a she so got a bit confused!

ALKB
Respected Guru
Germany

Post by ALKB » Sun Oct 07, 2012 1:33 pm

arbab000 wrote:@ALKB
Was it your brother in law that was refused! U keep ref to him as a she so got a bit confused!
'She' is his wife, the UK sponsor.

Sorry for the confusion. She should have told my brother-in-law to inform UKBA of the change in cicumstances.

Shah12

Post by Shah12 » Sun Oct 07, 2012 1:50 pm

NA wrote::( It seems like 24 weeks has become the new minimum waiting period.

Newbie how comes you waited a long time to submit your case just curious.

Shazia1104
BANNED

Post by Shazia1104 » Sun Oct 07, 2012 1:56 pm

NA, have tried contacting your MP ???
Applied at Islamabad: 25/06/2012
Under process at BHC: 09/07/2012

Week 21... INSHA'ALLAH it will be granted soon. Please make dua people and my duas are with everyone out there.

whoesnext

Post by whoesnext » Sun Oct 07, 2012 2:40 pm

I emailed my mp...yet to hear any response from him...

Shah12

Post by Shah12 » Sun Oct 07, 2012 4:54 pm

whoesnext wrote:I emailed my mp...yet to hear any response from him...
Mate you've got ages to wait 3 months and if you get your mp to email they will get a standard response about having to wait up to 24 weeks before emailing them. People that applied in May have by and large not received any response. Just letting you know. The mps do not have say in the processing, i applied in June still waiting myself :(

Hsal
Newly Registered

Post by Hsal » Mon Oct 08, 2012 9:31 am

New here, also waiting for an update, sure I'll get one at some point but hey ho. I do have a question however ... if anyone can help that would be great.

My application was made on the 27/06/2012.

Roughly 2 months since the application I moved from one job to another to be closer to home (I was at my previous job for the best part of 5 years).

Do I need to update the powers that be?

Both are fairly recognizable companies therefore I would assume that if the UKBA are competent this wouldn't be a problem as all the relevant information would be available through HR. The problem is the little voice in the back of my mind is telling me I should do a little more than sit around twiddling my thumbs and hoping it'll be fine.

All the relevant documents were submitted including the standard 9 months of payslips so no issues on that front. If anyone thinks I should get in contact could you also suggest the best possible method to do this. I want to avoid as much confusion as possible. The last thing I want is for the UKBA to start flapping around... because that never ends well :/

Thanks for your help.

Scottishraja

Post by Scottishraja » Mon Oct 08, 2012 11:19 am

Hsal wrote:New here, also waiting for an update, sure I'll get one at some point but hey ho. I do have a question however ... if anyone can help that would be great.

My application was made on the 27/06/2012.

Roughly 2 months since the application I moved from one job to another to be closer to home (I was at my previous job for the best part of 5 years).

Do I need to update the powers that be?

Both are fairly recognizable companies therefore I would assume that if the UKBA are competent this wouldn't be a problem as all the relevant information would be available through HR. The problem is the little voice in the back of my mind is telling me I should do a little more than sit around twiddling my thumbs and hoping it'll be fine.

All the relevant documents were submitted including the standard 9 months of payslips so no issues on that front. If anyone thinks I should get in contact could you also suggest the best possible method to do this. I want to avoid as much confusion as possible. The last thing I want is for the UKBA to start flapping around... because that never ends well :/

Thanks for your help.
Hello,

You would be surprised as to how incompetant the UKBA is, I would notify them straightaway of this change of circumstances.

Settlement visas have been refused for less.
Married 09/06/2011
Applied at Gerrys 14/05/2012
Application forwarded to BHC 25/05/2012
Ready for Collection 18/10/2012
114 working days and got RFC
Yes/No ???????

Shazia1104
BANNED

Post by Shazia1104 » Mon Oct 08, 2012 11:36 am

If I was you I would notify UKBA of the change of circs immediately and to be on the safe side and for my own satisfaction, I would also submit the relevant supporting documents along with notification (payslips, employment letter, bank statements, etc).
Good luck and my duas are with all of those waiting, please make dua for me too.
Applied at Islamabad: 25/06/2012
Under process at BHC: 09/07/2012

Week 21... INSHA'ALLAH it will be granted soon. Please make dua people and my duas are with everyone out there.

waqasshah

Post by waqasshah » Mon Oct 08, 2012 2:04 pm

Dear All,

I do apologise to the moderators. I do understand this forum has not been established to discuss the issues. It is for the Timeline only. I have a same inquiry like HSAL.

I got a job offer from another company and most probably I will join them Inshallah in December. My wife has applied her spouse visa on 28th June at Lahore. By looking at current time scale I am expecting ViSA will be granted Inshallah somewhere near November /December.

It is mandatory to inform UKBA or BHC regarding job change? I inquired from BHC and they said it is not essential but inform your previous employer to confirm your position if any queries comes through us.

Your advice will be much appreciated.

Kind regards
Waqas Shah

---------------------------------------------

Applied at Lahore 28/06/2012
Application forwarded to BHC 12/07/2012

Working Days : 72

mosesmoses

Post by mosesmoses » Mon Oct 08, 2012 4:00 pm

Hi guys,

Just to let you know my wife recieved her sms today for collection and tracking status has been updated to: Your application is ready for collection; please visit the UK Visa Application Centre where you submitted your visa application to collect the same 10/08/2012

They have asked her to collect on thursday so inshallah we will find out the outcome then, please pray for us we've been refused once before and been apart for over 2 years so we're really stressed out!

Any other april applicants got RFC today?

kirenkhan
Newly Registered

Post by kirenkhan » Mon Oct 08, 2012 4:09 pm

Salaam All,

My husband got RFC status today, got a text at approx 3pm (uk time) asking to collect passport within 2-3pm monday to friday. I'm praying for a good outcome. He will go to collect tomorrow inshallah. Just need to keep having faith in Allah. I wasn't expecting a reply until the full 6 months which would have been 17 th october.

Applied at ISL: 17/04/12
Under process at BHC: 30/04/12
RFC: 08/10/12