ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

OLD FLR(M) waiting times Thread

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Phdswati
Newly Registered

Post by Phdswati » Wed Oct 03, 2012 4:59 pm

Applied on 28 Feb so the same dates for biometrics 28 march
. Nothing happened so far so much frustrated now. Can anyone here tell me hoe and white can I lodge my complain. Customer services are very rude overtime I call them.my mp emailed them but they say it's under process. Plz let me know I want to file complain now. My patient is overrated now
Thank you

z18runway

Post by z18runway » Wed Oct 03, 2012 8:43 pm

Phdswati wrote:Applied on 28 Feb so the same dates for biometrics 28 march
. Nothing happened so far so much frustrated now. Can anyone here tell me hoe and white can I lodge my complain. Customer services are very rude overtime I call them.my mp emailed them but they say it's under process. Plz let me know I want to file complain now. My patient is overrated now
Thank you
have you tried asking the sponsors passport back, that trick may help you get your visa and other documents back, so many people have tried and succeed .

GettingOldWaiting...
Newly Registered

waiting... another sad story!

Post by GettingOldWaiting... » Wed Oct 03, 2012 9:25 pm

Hi all,
I've been following this post since I first lodged my visa application.
I'm sad to say I am yet another February applicant who has gotten nowhere or heard nothing since my biometrics.
My application isn't a complicated one either. We have two kids with British passports (so they are not part of my application) and another on its way. I'm originally from Australia (not that being part of the Commonwealth makes any difference these days) plus I am a qualified Architect who can’t even work or go anywhere thanks to UKBA. Talk about wasting time and money! What’s worst is if and once the visa is finally approved my next two year wait only starts when its approved rather than in Feb.
What I don’t understand is if the applications are processed in date order as mentioned in a number of post then how is it people who have been waiting a lot less than 8 month (34 weeks) like some of us have waited so far are getting their visas first? Clearly they are NOT processed in date order.
I have also contact my MP over two weeks ago (17th September) and have heard nothing since. I haven’t called to request mine or my sponsors documents or get an update on my application. I thought I’d give my MP a chance first but that’s not moving very fast… not sure if calling UKBA myself is going to make too much difference anyway.
Should I lodge a complaint?
Question is… would it make a difference since nothing else does???
Anyway…. Below is my time line.

Date Applied/Docs Sent: 09/02/2012
Ack. Letter Received: 17/02/2012 (Dated 13/02/2012)
Biometrics Letter Arrived: 16/03/2012
Date Biometrics Submitted: - Liverpool PEO 27/03/2012
Contacted MP: 17/09/2012
Received BRP: Waiting…
Passport/Docs Received from HO: Waiting…

Previous Visa: Fiancée Visa
Expired: 20/02/2012

As a lot of us already know…. What a joke!

Phdswati
Newly Registered

Post by Phdswati » Wed Oct 03, 2012 9:32 pm

Hello
No I haven't ask for my passport as I don't need it as such. But I have already sent them quite a few letters. One asking for my original degrees, as I do t really trust them with my degrees. Then when I reached 6months limit, an other letter to ask how much time do they need. An other letter when I completed my recent degree so I have attached them a photocopy of that degree recently. I haven't got any reply though, except they sent me back my degrees after a month of asking when it was already my 4 th month. I have very straight forward application. I m married to British and have a baby Who is British too. It's my 7th year in uk on student visa. Married for 3 years.
Please anyone provide me the compliant email I'd so that I could write a complain. Thanks for reading it.

backagain

Re: waiting... another sad story!

Post by backagain » Thu Oct 04, 2012 2:36 pm

GettingOldWaiting... wrote: Should I lodge a complaint?
Question is… would it make a difference since nothing else does???
We started our timeline in April and can hardly wait to see February applicants getting served. If you file a complaint about the slow service that literally everybody knows is atrocious, you will do nothing to move your application forward. Another complaint registered only diverts resources by way of dealing with the growing number of complaints.

The bottom line is that they just have a mountain of applications and reduced staff. Nothing anybody can do is going to change that.

Phdswati
Newly Registered

Post by Phdswati » Thu Oct 04, 2012 3:30 pm

Complained file, so it turns out good foe me. Will update

peaceonearth
Newly Registered

Re: Spoken to UKBA

Post by peaceonearth » Thu Oct 04, 2012 5:11 pm

1. Return of Documents. You no longer need to call or write UKBA to request return of documents. Your application will only be withdrawn IF you request the applicants passport back. If you specify the document you need in the new online form you can receive the docs you need in 20 days.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/about ... documents/

Yet, here it said:
"To request the return of documents from any other application for permission to stay in the UK

For all applications other than European and nationality applications, if you request the return of documents, your application will be automatically withdrawn and your application fee will not be refunded.

Requesting the return of documents for European and nationality applications will not speed up the decision-making process as all cases are considered in strict date order."
-------------

zahamid
Newly Registered

un usual scenario of flr(m)

Post by zahamid » Fri Oct 05, 2012 11:15 am

hi everyone

this forum is amazing and for all the applications i applied for my family and myself ,was in accordance to the forum, all successfully.

I applied for FLR(m) on 9th July and it was on old application form, I didn't check website and posted the application early morning. after one month they deducted money from my account but since than no acknowledgement letter or anything. i have a son who has a British passport which arrived during this time period and my husband is due to apply for British passport next month but his passport is with my documents.we have been married for 4 years. I was on PSW and it is expiring in December 2012. we are also expecting another baby in February.
what should i do, contact MP, email them, on phone they are of no help.
I am very confused and worried please anyone advice me.

or just request application back and resubmit again

bigmac12
Newly Registered

Post by bigmac12 » Fri Oct 05, 2012 1:27 pm

I've been following this thread since June. Here is my timeline:

FLR M (unmarried partner) applied : 14th June 2012
Acknowledgement letter: Following week
Requested partner's passport: 16th July 2012
Biometric letter received on: 7th August
Biometric completed: 10th August
Document return: 4th October with letter confirming acceptance
Biometric card: Received courier note through door today - called them for it to be redelivered on 8th Aug!

So it was a wait of 16 weeks in total.

Good luck to everyone still waiting.

Gerryboy
Newly Registered

Post by Gerryboy » Fri Oct 05, 2012 2:34 pm

Just got a call from my solicitor.......

I GOT IT!!! FLR(M)'s BEEN ISSUED!!!

He's got my BRP Card and is waiting for docs, possibly by Mon.

UNBELIEVABLE!!!!

THANK YOU LORD!!!!

Still.Waiting

Post by Still.Waiting » Fri Oct 05, 2012 2:52 pm

nicolerose03 wrote:Just thought I'd let everyone know my timeline....

Applied for FLR(M) on Unmarried partner. I was on a Youth Mobility Visa(I'm Australian) which was valid for two years. My visa was valid June 12th 2010 to June 12th 2012. I arrived in the UK on the 13th of June 2010 to move straight in with my boyfriend.

We've lived together ever since but was nervous about applying for FLR as the conditions need to be that you have lived together for 2 years and we knew it would be bang on the 2 year mark when I applied for the FLR.

11/06/2012- Posted Application/applied
20/06/2012- Acknowledgement letter from UKBA dated
16/07/2012- Biometrics taken
27/09/2012-Called to request back a document(my partner's driving license)
29/09/2012- All documents returned and visa approved!

I had read on here from a lot of other applicants that they had requested a document back and had then had the application decided and everything returned. So we thought we might give it a go(couldn't hurt after all the waiting anyway) and see what happens!

We were so shocked when everything came back only 2 days after we called the UKBA!!!!

Just waiting now for my biometrics resident card to arrive.

:D :D
Thats great !

Unfortunately requesting docs didnt work for me i requested my sponsors passport back after three month into the application and two week later they simply sent the passport back :(

I guess it all depends on luck and probably nationality you're aussie and im paki perhaps that was the reason :D
Last edited by Still.Waiting on Fri Oct 05, 2012 3:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Phdswati
Newly Registered

Post by Phdswati » Fri Oct 05, 2012 3:02 pm

Hello gerryboy
Did you send your application via solicitor or you involve him later. If later can you please pass me on detail.I m very much frustrated now.
I'd there any one who knows what is the maximum time did ukba take .its been mordant then 7 months for me and I have very good job opportunity lined up outside UK and I need to tell my employer the date when I can join them.

Gerryboy
Newly Registered

Post by Gerryboy » Fri Oct 05, 2012 8:40 pm

Phdswati wrote:Hello gerryboy
Did you send your application via solicitor or you involve him later. If later can you please pass me on detail.I m very much frustrated now.
I'd there any one who knows what is the maximum time did ukba take .its been mordant then 7 months for me and I have very good job opportunity lined up outside UK and I need to tell my employer the date when I can join them.
My application was through a solicitor from the start. Looking at my time-line, you can see it's only a week shy of 8mnts. Not sure I'll be of much help to you, but I wish you all the best!!!

Meche83
Newly Registered

Post by Meche83 » Sat Oct 06, 2012 5:11 pm

Congratulations to everybody that has receive his or her visa

My Employer did employing check on me through Ukba to confirm if I am entitled to work and stay in united kingdom

Below are the answer from ukba

I can confirm that this individual is currently entitled to stay and work in the United Kingdom on the basis of an outstanding application for leave to remain in the United Kingdom.

At the right top of the latter is a Unique Reference Number 4209683 .

I have ask my self ? What does the Unique Reference Number mean ? Please does any body know what does Unique Reference number mean?

alant43
Newly Registered

My wife's dates etc

Post by alant43 » Sat Oct 06, 2012 5:59 pm

My wife is from Philippines but has been in the UK since 2009 as a student. We got married in May and the Philippine embassay granted her new passport in her married name in late June.

Application (F)LRM sent to UKBA 2nd July
Application Received/signed for 4th July
Biometric Request Letter received August 28th(ish)
Biometrics enrolled 3rd September
Confirmation letter: Still waiting
BRP: Still waiting
Passports etc: Still waiting

No-one at UKBA has contact us to say they have issues with the application or that they need more information so I'm hopeful that that means it's progressing fine.

I am reticent to contact UKBA to chae in case they think I want my passport back and it voids my wife's application but it is frustrating not having any form of photo id for her.

One question I have - if we miss the delivery and have to go and collect it somewhere how do I prove who my wife is as the only photo ID she has is in the parcel (passport and old BRP)?

Anyway just thought I'd add my dates to this thread.

Good luck to everyone that is waiting for visa news

waitwaitwait

Re: My wife's dates etc

Post by waitwaitwait » Sun Oct 07, 2012 7:38 am

alant43 wrote:My wife is from Philippines but has been in the UK since 2009 as a student. We got married in May and the Philippine embassay granted her new passport in her married name in late June.

Application (F)LRM sent to UKBA 2nd July
Application Received/signed for 4th July
Biometric Request Letter received August 28th(ish)
Biometrics enrolled 3rd September
Confirmation letter: Still waiting
BRP: Still waiting
Passports etc: Still waiting

No-one at UKBA has contact us to say they have issues with the application or that they need more information so I'm hopeful that that means it's progressing fine.

I am reticent to contact UKBA to chae in case they think I want my passport back and it voids my wife's application but it is frustrating not having any form of photo id for her.

One question I have - if we miss the delivery and have to go and collect it somewhere how do I prove who my wife is as the only photo ID she has is in the parcel (passport and old BRP)?

Anyway just thought I'd add my dates to this thread.

Good luck to everyone that is waiting for visa news
Hello mate,
Dont worry bout the parcel because if you miss it then there are 2 options which are - either you can get that rescheduled for delivery wt home address or go to collect it. If she has to go to collect it as parcel wil be in your wife's name then both royal mail and dx( brp courier co) they accept a valid ( signed and not expired) credit or debit card as a proof of id/signature to give you the parcel. So i am sure your wife might have either of them as you mentioned that shes in uk since 2009. Good luck
Im still waiting and tomo- 08/10 will complete 8 months since i applied.
Good luck everyone-
Date Docs sent: 08/02/12
Date Ack. Letter received: 20/02/12
Date biometrics booking letter received: 20/03/12 (dated 16/03/12)
Date biometrics enrolled (at Holborn post office): 22/03/12
Date BRP received: waiting
Date Docs received: waiting

Visa type: FLR(M)
From - Tier 4

alant43
Newly Registered

Thanks

Post by alant43 » Sun Oct 07, 2012 7:42 pm

Cheers waitwaitwait,

That's reassuring. My wife does have a valid bank card. it was just a photo id that she's lacking.

Good luck with your application. Hope your stuff comes through soon.

backagain

Post by backagain » Sun Oct 07, 2012 8:53 pm

Meche83 wrote:Congratulations to everybody that has receive his or her visa

I can confirm that this individual is currently entitled to stay and work in the United Kingdom on the basis of an outstanding application for leave to remain in the United Kingdom.
What??? Help me out here Meche83. What was your previous visa as it must have had some authorization to work prior to your FLR(M) application. From what I read on UKBA and everybody here (so far) that has applied for FLR(M) they cannot work or even volunteer. Can you fill in some blanks please?

aditipritam

Post by aditipritam » Sun Oct 07, 2012 8:56 pm

backagain wrote:
Meche83 wrote:Congratulations to everybody that has receive his or her visa

What??? Help me out here Meche83. What was your previous visa as it must have had some authorization to work prior to your FLR(M) application. From what I read on UKBA and everybody here (so far) that has applied for FLR(M) they cannot work or even volunteer. Can you fill in some blanks please?
Not true. e.g in my case I am switching from Tier1 dependent to FLR (M), and I was eligible to work and I am still eligible to work while my application is being considered.

backagain

Post by backagain » Sun Oct 07, 2012 8:57 pm

How in the world are applications in June getting approved before those submitted in Feb, Mar, Apr, and May? What is the miracle queue jumping magic going on?

backagain

Post by backagain » Sun Oct 07, 2012 9:06 pm

aditipritam wrote:
backagain wrote:
Meche83 wrote:
Not true. e.g in my case I am switching from Tier1 dependent to FLR (M), and I was eligible to work and I am still eligible to work while my application is being considered.
Ah, mine is from Fiance visa to FLR(M). There was no previous authorization to work. Your Tier 1 status gave you pre-existing approval to work. That makes sense. Wish I had that as this is taking forever and I would LOVE to work.

Meche83
Newly Registered

entitled to work before

Post by Meche83 » Sun Oct 07, 2012 11:34 pm

Hey Backagain

Yes my previous visa Authorised me to work, was on tear 1 visa, what i am asking is that, in the latter sent by home office to my employer is a Unique Reference Number on the right top of the latter which was 7 digit number and I am asking my self, what could that number mean because the number is total different to my Case Id Number

backagain

Post by backagain » Mon Oct 08, 2012 7:11 am

This is what I found about a unique Reference Number:

Unique reference number
When you save or submit your online application form, we will send a confirmation email to the email address that you supplied in your application security details. This email will contain a unique reference number (known as a GWF).

You should make a note of your GWF. You will need it to log in and access your saved form. We will not be able to assist you if you do not know your GWF.

LE80
Newly Registered

Post by LE80 » Mon Oct 08, 2012 12:30 pm

backagain wrote:How in the world are applications in June getting approved before those submitted in Feb, Mar, Apr, and May? What is the miracle queue jumping magic going on?
I was wondering the same myself.

http://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/f ... ing-318946

I don't think I asked the quesiton in a way that will get me a good answer. But this is what happens after 7 months of frustration!

backagain

Post by backagain » Mon Oct 08, 2012 12:35 pm

LE80, I think you asked the right questions. Now we can wait about 20 days to find out what they write to you. So very curious what your reply will be.