ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 dependent - Clinical Psychologist

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

yayavaris
Newly Registered

Tier 1 dependent - Clinical Psychologist

Post by yayavaris » Sun Oct 07, 2012 11:19 am

I am an IT professional working in London on Tier 1 visa. My future wife is a experienced Clinical Psychologist working in India currently.
I wanted to check if anyone know about if Clinical Psychologists can work on Tier 1 dependent visa or have come across such case? I know tier 1 dependent can't work as doctor on training, but Clinical Psychologists doesn't fall under doctor category but still health care professionals, I am doing some reserach on this matter. I tried looking for similar threads here, UKBA and NHS website but couldn't find anything concrete. I just got a lead mentioning that they can get Tier 1 exceptional visa but it seems to be tough to get qualified for that.

If anyone could share their thoughts or suggest a resource to look for that will be a great help..

Thanks in advance!!

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Sun Oct 07, 2012 11:44 am

Psychologists are not doctors, as your wife can probably testify. They don't begin their career in general medical school (before branching into the mental health area) and can't administer drugs. Hope that helps.

yayavaris
Newly Registered

Post by yayavaris » Sun Oct 07, 2012 12:04 pm

Lucapooka wrote:Psychologists are not doctors, as your wife can probably testify. They don't begin their career in general medical school (before branching into the mental health area) and can't administer drugs. Hope that helps.
Thanks Lucapooka for your reply..

I think, my question really is that whether Clinical Psychologist can work on Tier 1 dependent visa? We kinda know that they are not doctor.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Sun Oct 07, 2012 12:13 pm

Life isn't fair, but you can be!

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Sun Oct 07, 2012 12:22 pm

What I was inferring is that, even is she were required to undergo a period of re-training or adaptation within any position she may wish to accept, the training would not be in a capacity that is prohibited by her immigration status.

yayavaris
Newly Registered

Post by yayavaris » Sun Oct 07, 2012 8:41 pm

Thanks sushdmehta and Lucapooka for your help :-)

I will post some updates here about how it goes.