ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Swtich From PSW to Tier 2 General

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ramcp14
Newly Registered

Swtich From PSW to Tier 2 General

Post by ramcp14 » Fri Oct 05, 2012 9:11 am

Hi all,
I hold a PSW Visa and it is about to expire in few months. So i am planning to swtich from PSW to Tier 2 General. So i need some advice and help from you guys regarding that. My Visa will expire on FEB 4th 2013. At the moment i work for a company which is already registered with UK borders. I work as a contractor, but its a rolling contract and they are ready to provide me with COS. However, i may even get permanent in JAN. So i have got lot questions regarding this Switch to Tier 2 General.

1. How much maintenance fund should i maintain in bank account and how long?
2. I Joined this company only 3 weeks ago which means i will not complete 6 months of work history with this company when i apply for Tier 2. Will it be a problem because ppl say min i should be working with the same company for 6 months. But having said that i worked for a another company before i joined this one for 1.5 years. But they were not registered and thats why i was forced to change jobs.
3. My salary per annum is 32k. But i paid weekly and not monthly. Will that be a problem?
4. Do i need to show salary pay slip?
5. How a COS should look like? What am i suppose to ask my Company? What is the procedure for it? What my company has to do in order to give me one?

I am so confused what should i do if they ask for 6 months work exp with the same company as i will be completing only 5 month with the company by the time i apply Tier 2 :(

Please advice me how to go forward from here as there are no clear information regarding this Switch

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Fri Oct 05, 2012 9:17 am

Would you consider reading the policy guidance as that will answer all of your questions and doubts?

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas ... 2/general/

terriblescream
Pakistan

Post by terriblescream » Sun Oct 07, 2012 9:16 pm

1. £900 for 90 days and the statement should not be older than 30 days
2. The 6 month rule is abolished now
3. Not a problem your job should be on NQF level 6 , correct SOC code should be applied.
4. You do not need a payslip
5. Your sponsor is already on the register, they should know it all.

ramcp14
Newly Registered

Post by ramcp14 » Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:29 am

@terriblescream
Thanks a lot for your promt reply. Much appreciated. That helps me a lot. I have got an another question.

Actually i am employed through an agency to employer. I heard like i should be directly employed by my employer and not throu' an agency. But my employer is ready provide me COS. Can you please clarify?

Regards,
Ram

terriblescream
Pakistan

Post by terriblescream » Mon Oct 08, 2012 9:26 am

ramcp14 wrote:@terriblescream
Thanks a lot for your promt reply. Much appreciated. That helps me a lot. I have got an another question.

Actually i am employed through an agency to employer. I heard like i should be directly employed by my employer and not throu' an agency. But my employer is ready provide me COS. Can you please clarify?

Regards,
Ram
You should be directly employed by whoever issues you the CoS, if the employer issues you the CoS, you are employed by them and you have nothing to do with the agency any longer ( I guess just leave the agency )

yd
Newly Registered

Post by yd » Sun Nov 18, 2012 4:38 pm

ramcp14 wrote:@terriblescream

Regards,
Ram
Hello Ram,

Like you I am concerned about the 6 month requirement. Have you found out more about this? Has it really been abolished?

I will be grateful for your reply.

Yuri

James.Dunlop
Site Admin
United Kingdom

Post by James.Dunlop » Tue Nov 20, 2012 12:30 pm

Hi

The sponsoring employer must pay at least the salary detailed in the SOC code or they are breaking the terms of their license, also the T2 application would fall for refusal

The 6 months prior service is no longer required to avoid the RLMT

I hope this helps

James
James Dunlop

mailto:james.dunlop@jdunlop.com

yd
Newly Registered

Post by yd » Tue Nov 20, 2012 12:38 pm

Hi James. Thank you for the reply!

UKBA-VICTIM
India

Psw-tier 2

Post by UKBA-VICTIM » Thu Dec 06, 2012 7:20 am

Hi everyone,

Our company has got A rating license and they specified in COS That they will support the maintenance.. So I don't need to provide any bank statements or payslips.. Is it correct ?

Your quick response is highly appreciated as I have visa appointment with UKBA today

Thanks,

makky86
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Psw-tier 2

Post by makky86 » Thu Dec 06, 2012 12:37 pm

UKBA-VICTIM wrote:Hi everyone,

Our company has got A rating license and they specified in COS That they will support the maintenance.. So I don't need to provide any bank statements or payslips.. Is it correct ?

Your quick response is highly appreciated as I have visa appointment with UKBA today

Thanks,
Yes now you don't have to give any bank statement (Not even for your dependants).