ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

MN1 Application: Notarized copy of passport/ILR page

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

knigh7

MN1 Application: Notarized copy of passport/ILR page

Post by knigh7 » Mon Aug 13, 2012 4:36 pm

Hi,

Re: Section 1 (3)

My passport is unavailable at the moment, can I send a notarised copy of my passport and the ILR stamp page?

Also am I right in assuming that the birth cert and the Passport showing ILR are the only documents that I need to send?

Thanks,

orbis2

Post by orbis2 » Mon Aug 13, 2012 4:58 pm

My passport is unavailable at the moment, can I send a notarised copy of my passport and the ILR stamp page?[
these days HM give biometric & they don't stamp on passport so how are you going to send the stamp page ?

knigh7

Post by knigh7 » Mon Aug 13, 2012 7:02 pm

my ILR is on my passport!

Glc

Post by Glc » Mon Aug 13, 2012 7:59 pm

Unfortunately, you need to send your passport with the ILR stamp. HO won't accept any photocopies, notorised even. Also, if your child is born before 2006, you need to submit your marriage certificate.

Craziness
Newly Registered

Post by Craziness » Fri Oct 05, 2012 5:26 pm

Glc wrote:Unfortunately, you need to send your passport with the ILR stamp. HO won't accept any photocopies, notorised even. Also, if your child is born before 2006, you need to submit your marriage certificate.
I don't understand this.

The form clearly says Certified Copies are enough. Why would I need to send my passport?

Craziness
Newly Registered

Post by Craziness » Sun Oct 07, 2012 12:55 pm

Could someone please confirm that you don't need to send your actual passport if you have a certified copy. I am confused by the advice here. Thank you.

gidoc

Post by gidoc » Sun Oct 07, 2012 4:22 pm

Where does it say you can send copies?

"The documents we require for registration as a British citizen by a person under 18

Child registering as a British citizen
This page provides details of the documents you will need to supply to us to support your application for registration as a British citizen.

You should send the original document, not a copy."

Craziness
Newly Registered

Post by Craziness » Sun Oct 07, 2012 9:46 pm

gidoc wrote:Where does it say you can send copies?

"The documents we require for registration as a British citizen by a person under 18

Child registering as a British citizen
This page provides details of the documents you will need to supply to us to support your application for registration as a British citizen.

You should send the original document, not a copy."
Dear Gidoc, I don't understand your reply. Why can I not send a solicitor certified copy of my son's passport when I apply for his naturalisation (similarly like I do with my application).

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Mon Oct 08, 2012 7:23 am

Certified copy (NCS or solicitor) is accepted.

Craziness
Newly Registered

Post by Craziness » Mon Oct 08, 2012 9:52 am

Jambo wrote:Certified copy (NCS or solicitor) is accepted.
Thank you. Very much appreciated.