ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Eligible for 10 Years Long Residence?

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Chemistry

Eligible for 10 Years Long Residence?

Post by Chemistry » Mon Oct 08, 2012 9:08 pm

Dear Senior Members,

Please help look at the dates to see if this dateline is REALLY eligible for 10 years Long Residence.

1. Entered the United Kingdom for the first time in September 15th, 2002 with a student visa expired on 21st June 2005.

2. Date of Issue is 29th June 2005 Valid until 31st January 2007 (Application made to HO: June 1 2005.)

3. Date of Issue is 23rd February 2007 until 30th November 2007 (Application made to HO: January 24 2007).

4. Date of Issue is 20th November 2007 until 20th November 2009

5. Date of Issue is 26th October 2009 until 20th November 2012

Please note that the renewal for numbers 2 and 3 were carried out through the University.

Apology for asking too many questions. It is due to our inexperience in the area of discussion.

And thanking you for your help.

King regards,

Chemistry

pokhreligautam

Re: Is The Timeline REALLY Eligible for 10 Years Long Reside

Post by pokhreligautam » Mon Oct 08, 2012 11:01 pm

Chemistry wrote:Dear Senior Members,

Please help look at the dates to see if this dateline is REALLY eligible for 10 years Long Residence.

1. Entered the United Kingdom for the first time in September 15th, 2002 with a student visa expired on 21st June 2005.

2. Date of Issue is 29th June 2005 Valid until 31st January 2007 (Application made to HO: June 1 2005.)

3. Date of Issue is 23rd February 2007 until 30th November 2007 (Application made to HO: January 24 2007).

Please note that the renewal for numbers 2 and 3 were carried out through the University.

Apology for asking too many questions. It is due to our inexperience in the area of discussion.

King regards,

Chemistry
Your time line is perfectly o.k for ILR on 10 years Long-Residence basis.In fact you have already been eligible to apply since 18th of August 2012.
Good luck with your application.

Chemistry

Re: Is The Timeline REALLY Eligible for 10 Years Long Reside

Post by Chemistry » Mon Oct 08, 2012 11:11 pm

pokhreligautam wrote:
Chemistry wrote:Dear Senior Members,

King regards,

Chemistry
Your time line is perfectly o.k for ILR on 10 years Long-Residence basis.In fact you have already been eligible to apply since 18th of August 2012.
Good luck with your application.

Thank you for that. I was thinking not sure about in time/out of time applications.

Kind regards

Chemistry

Re: Eligible for 10 Years Long Residence?

Post by Chemistry » Fri Oct 12, 2012 1:55 pm

King regards,

Chemistry[/quote]

I am ready to send my application for ILR 10 Years Long Residence next week.

I want to find out if all i have got ready to send is enough: I have the following:

My passports (Including the expired one)
Application form
Passport photos
Life in UK notification
Application Fee.

Is that all?

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Fri Oct 12, 2012 2:33 pm

Reading SET(O) form should help.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

Damanisshallo
Respected Guru

Post by Damanisshallo » Mon Oct 15, 2012 2:13 pm

"Chemistry"

I want to find out if all i have got ready to send is enough: I have the following:

Application form
Passport photos
Life in UK notification
Application Fee.

Is that all?
With the looks of all the information you've provided, I don't see any reason why you shouldn't be allowed to apply. However, having said this, I do not see any travel dates mentioned in your query. See if all of your travel dates are inline with the rules for 10 Yr Long Residency.

(Hint: Overall absence from the UK : - Not more than 18 calender months.
Days out of the UK in one go : - Not more than 6 calender months.)

Apart from that everything looks Okay to me. Provided you do not have any criminal convictions.

Chemistry

Post by Chemistry » Mon Oct 15, 2012 10:27 pm

Damanisshallo wrote:
"Chemistry"

Application form
Passport photos
Life in UK notification
Application Fee.

Is that all?
With the looks of all the information you've provided, I don't see any reason why you shouldn't be allowed to apply. However, having said this, I do not see any travel dates mentioned in your query. See if all of your travel dates are inline with the rules for 10 Yr Long Residency.

(Hint: Overall absence from the UK : - Not more than 18 calender months.
Days out of the UK in one go : - Not more than 6 calender months.)

Apart from that everything looks Okay to me. Provided you do not have any criminal convictions.
Thank you for your reply. I have no criminal convictions, and also travel out of the UK only for 48 days in the last 10 years outside the UK. I have assembled the above documents.

My other concerns is that of my spouse application. I want to send her FLR (M) but I would not have any reference number from the HO to connect our applications together, since it for different addresses. To be honest, I do not know what step to take. Any idea from you would be appreciated.

Thank you for your time.

Damanisshallo
Respected Guru

FLR(M) - Reg

Post by Damanisshallo » Tue Oct 16, 2012 10:49 am

I can see that you've got a month's valid visa and you've already completed your qualifying 10 yr period. I'd suggest you to make your application ASAP and ensure to send your application via Special Delivery. Keep your Special Delivery receipt to hand and wait for your acknowledgement. Once you get your acknowledgement letter with a HO reference number keep a copy for yourself and send the acknowledgement, your special delivery receipt along with your wife's FLR(M).

Seek for assistance from your local Citizen Advise Bureau (Immigration Adviser) http://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/ who will help you in writing a nicely scripted covering letter (Absolutely free of charge).

HTH

Good Luck.

Chemistry

Re: FLR(M) - Reg

Post by Chemistry » Tue Oct 16, 2012 1:27 pm

Damanisshallo wrote:I can see that you've got a month's valid visa and you've already completed your qualifying 10 yr period. I'd suggest you to make your application ASAP and ensure to send your application via Special Delivery. Keep your Special Delivery receipt to hand and wait for your acknowledgement. Once you get your acknowledgement letter with a HO reference number keep a copy for yourself and send the acknowledgement, your special delivery receipt along with your wife's FLR(M).

Seek for assistance from your local Citizen Advise Bureau (Immigration Adviser) http://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/ who will help you in writing a nicely scripted covering letter (Absolutely free of charge).

HTH

Good Luck.
Thank you very much for your advice. I will do that.