ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR SET(0)- cohabitation requirement -SET(0) or FLR(M)?

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

LondonLife
Newly Registered

ILR SET(0)- cohabitation requirement -SET(0) or FLR(M)?

Post by LondonLife » Mon Oct 08, 2012 10:25 pm

Hi All,

Finding this community very useful and real thanks to all pioneers and contributors of this set up.

I really need your expert view on this to decide whether to include my family in SET(O) along with my application or apply as dependent using FLR(M). Our current permit is valid for next three years.

I have completed five years as WP holder in the UK and eligible to apply for ILR. My family have been dependent of my WP.

I arrived in the UK in 2007 and my wife and kids have been with me from 2008 until now except a break from Oct 2010 to August 2011 during when they lived in INDIA. This break was because work location change within UK and not due to any emergency etc.

Doe this break makes my family ineligible to apply for ILR with me in SET(0) considering two years of cohabitation requirement?

Also, if in case it makes them eligible in how many days I will need to apply for FLR(M) after I get ILR? Is there a set period in which my family must get new leave to remain as their current leave will come invalid once my status will be changed from Work Permit Holder to ILR?

Thanks very much.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Mon Oct 08, 2012 11:17 pm

Life isn't fair, but you can be!

LondonLife
Newly Registered

Post by LondonLife » Mon Oct 08, 2012 11:33 pm

Thanks very much. Read the Ambassador's success.

Extremely sorry for this. Pls feel free to delete the post.