ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Husband on ILR visa - Wife on dependent visa

Questions and discussions about claiming benefits while living and working in the UK

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

smartyboy
Newly Registered

Husband on ILR visa - Wife on dependent visa

Post by smartyboy » Sun Oct 07, 2012 7:03 pm

Hi all

I and my baby obtained ILR last month.

My wife was not issued ILR as she did not complete 2years in UK with me and therefore she has been issued a dependent visa of two years.

My questions as below;

1. If I claim for Child Benefit, will that affect my wife’s application for ILR in future?

2. If I claim for Child Benefit, will that affect my or my baby’s application for citizenship?

3. I am only aware of Child Benefit. Are there any other benefits I could claim, considering that I and my baby are on ILR and my wife is on dependent visa?

Many thanks in advance.

z18runway

Re: Husband on ILR visa - Wife on dependent visa

Post by z18runway » Sun Oct 07, 2012 10:18 pm

Hi all

I and my baby obtained ILR last month.

My wife was not issued ILR as she did not complete 2years in UK with me and therefore she has been issued a dependent visa of two years.

My questions as below;
1. If I claim for Child Benefit, will that affect my wife’s application for ILR in future?

NO
2. If I claim for Child Benefit, will that affect my or my baby’s application for citizenship?
NO
3.I am only aware of Child Benefit. Are there any other benefits I could claim, considering that I and my baby are on ILR and my wife is on dependent visa?

I Think working tax credit and child tax credit, but why dont you give HMRC a call and tell them that your spouse(wife) is subject to immigration control. WTC and CTC will apply if you are on low income.

Many thanks in advance.

smartyboy
Newly Registered

Post by smartyboy » Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:30 pm

Hi
Many thanks for your reply.

As far as I remember, there is a question in ILR application form regarding claiming benefits.

If I and my wife start claiming child benefit and in when in future I fill in ILR application for my wife, we need to tick the box in that ILR application form that we claimed child benefit. Will that affect her application at all?

I will appreciate you to post me a link of home office which could be helpful to me?

Many thanks again.

z18runway

Post by z18runway » Mon Oct 08, 2012 10:40 pm

Last edited by z18runway on Tue Oct 09, 2012 9:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

z18runway

Post by z18runway » Mon Oct 08, 2012 10:43 pm

smartyboy wrote:Hi
Many thanks for your reply.

As far as I remember, there is a question in ILR application form regarding claiming benefits.

If I and my wife start claiming child benefit and in when in future I fill in ILR application for my wife, we need to tick the box in that ILR application form that we claimed child benefit. Will that affect her application at all?

I will appreciate you to post me a link of home office which could be helpful to me?

Many thanks again.
Click here

smartyboy
Newly Registered

Post by smartyboy » Tue Oct 09, 2012 12:39 am

Hi
Thanks again for your reply.

My question was - "If we claim the child benefit now, will that have any affect on my wife's application of ILR in future as she is on a dependent visa now?"

Thanks again

z18runway

Post by z18runway » Tue Oct 09, 2012 9:45 am

smartyboy wrote:Hi
Thanks again for your reply.

My question was - "If we claim the child benefit now, will that have any affect on my wife's application of ILR in future as she is on a dependent visa now?"

Thanks again
That link is for your 2nd question from your Original post