ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

New Licence for small company

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

WaitingontheUKBA

Post by WaitingontheUKBA » Thu Oct 04, 2012 5:44 pm

2nd week of May

makky86
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Tier 2 License report

Post by makky86 » Fri Oct 05, 2012 11:55 am

Sponsor License report

3rd September 2012 - 4th October 2012

https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B7G-NC ... UVYWXhiNTA

Ann22

april applications

Post by Ann22 » Fri Oct 05, 2012 2:57 pm

just a thought...
everyone posts here that they keep gettiing relies that the agency is dealing with april applications..do you think it can be because immigration rules has actually changed after 6 or 5 april?

Mancala Hour

Post by Mancala Hour » Fri Oct 05, 2012 4:13 pm

No, they're just slow. I'm sure they'd blame the Olympics. I just wish they'd update their homepage to reflect the delayed completion time; right now it still says 65% of cases are resolved within 4 weeks. Right.

makky86
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by makky86 » Fri Oct 05, 2012 4:33 pm

Mancala Hour wrote:No, they're just slow. I'm sure they'd blame the Olympics. I just wish they'd update their homepage to reflect the delayed completion time; right now it still says 65% of cases are resolved within 4 weeks. Right.
They are lazy. They are doing on purpose to discourage employers from applying.

Shame on them.

UKkumar
BANNED

FOI freedom of information data response

Post by UKkumar » Sun Oct 07, 2012 8:20 pm

Hi All

here is link of FOI freedom of information data response for new licence application in last 7 month.

2456 application submitted between 01/01/2012 to 20/07/2012 and 2101 application dispatched between 01/01/2012 to 20/07/2012. These numbers show almost identical without any backlog.

http://postimage.org/image/x1iskc9vt/

http://postimage.org/image/p48l7gr3z/

I raised some more question based on above data.

cheers

Ukkumar

terriblescream
Pakistan

Post by terriblescream » Sun Oct 07, 2012 9:47 pm

WaitingontheUKBA wrote:2nd week of May
God you need to wait then....we applied 29th March 2012 and only got it end of Sep 2012

santoshimaa
Newly Registered

Response from UKBA

Post by santoshimaa » Mon Oct 08, 2012 2:25 pm

Hi Ukkumar,

Have you heard anything back from UKBA after requesting for a priority application? Any updates from your side?

Ann22

Post by Ann22 » Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:28 am

terriblescream wrote:
God you need to wait then....we applied 29th March 2012 and only got it end of Sep 2012
So it does take around hald a year then...

makky86
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by makky86 » Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:49 am

Ann22 wrote:
terriblescream wrote:
So it does take around hald a year then...
You are right. On average it is taking 6 months. Seriously shame on them.

Someone mentioned couple of years ago they used to do it within 1 month. What a shame.

Ann22

Post by Ann22 » Tue Oct 09, 2012 11:24 am

What can we do....plus all the hussle with the Olympics....not the best year for quick paperwork and work permits...

Someone83
BANNED

Post by Someone83 » Tue Oct 09, 2012 2:21 pm

According to this link: http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/busin ... gmigrants/
Our service standards set out how quickly we aim to decide sponsor licence applications. The standard is that we will decide 65 per cent of applications within 4 weeks.
I suppose that is well off the actual processing times?

UKkumar
BANNED

Re: Response from UKBA

Post by UKkumar » Tue Oct 09, 2012 5:13 pm

[quote="santoshimaa"]Hi Ukkumar,

Have you heard anything back from UKBA after requesting for a priority application? Any updates from your side?[/quote]

No Not yet, just waiting,

Does any one got urgent confirmation of request.

rehan01
Diamond Member

Post by rehan01 » Tue Oct 09, 2012 5:15 pm

Ukkumar
My empoyer just applied for the sponsorship license so wil update as soon as I have any information from my employer regarding this and also could u plz check ur private msg which I sent u or give me ur email address so wil discuss sum information with u

Cheers

WaitingontheUKBA

Post by WaitingontheUKBA » Tue Oct 09, 2012 5:32 pm

Rehan when did your company apply for the license?

rehan01
Diamond Member

Post by rehan01 » Tue Oct 09, 2012 5:34 pm

Yesterday they applied and my visa is running out in january and I can't see any chance of us geting sponsorship license by the time my visa expires so I m very stress abt the whole situation

Asim3210
Newly Registered

Hi

Post by Asim3210 » Tue Oct 09, 2012 8:06 pm

Hi Guys, Just to update you. My employer emailed UKBA on 01/10/2012 for the urgent treatment of our application and we haven't heard anything yet.

Any suggestion why are they not replying to urgent requests?

Thanks

Ross123
Newly Registered

Re: Hi

Post by Ross123 » Wed Oct 10, 2012 12:11 am

Asim3210 wrote:Hi Guys, Just to update you. My employer emailed UKBA on 01/10/2012 for the urgent treatment of our application and we haven't heard anything yet.

Any suggestion why are they not replying to urgent requests?

Thanks
Well when your organization applied for a urgent treatment was it exactly 2 weeks before your visa will expire? Meaning is ur visa expiring on 14th of October? If yes then your organization should definitely call them and follow up. If your visa is expiring not in 2 weeks then they probably not bothering by email.

UK-Tiers
Newly Registered

Tier 2 waiting game and Tier 4 option

Post by UK-Tiers » Wed Oct 10, 2012 8:17 am

Hi guys, I have been reading almost all of your expereiences written here and thank you very much.
I need a clarification/ guidance. Apologies, if this question is not suitable for this blog.
My company applied for sponsorship licence end of July and as we know nothing happened yet, my visa is expiring in about month's time, reading se of the blogs here, I have now decided to post my application without CoS.
What I wanted to ask you guys is that:
1) Shall I write a long covering letter explaining my situation and a letter from my HR confirming the same?
2)I know there is a 95% chance that the application will be rejected and by that time I think it will be about 2 months (Nov - Jan), can I apply for a student visa, as I have found a course I really like to do, would have been doing it part time if this Tier 2 process was a little quicker.
Thanks a lot for your time.
Regards
UK-Tiers

hashmil
Sri Lanka

Post by hashmil » Wed Oct 10, 2012 12:46 pm

A quick update on what's happening. My PSW visa expires on the 27th. We emailed them, and got this response. (Sponsor Licensing Support <SponsorLicensing.Support@UKBA.gsi.gov.uk>)

"Thank you for your enquiry regarding the status of your application. We can confirm that your application is being treated as urgent and will be assigned to a caseworker shortly.
Due to the high level of sponsor licence applications which continue to be received, casework processing times are currently taking longer than our published service standard of 4 weeks. If your application requires further consideration, such as further documentation or a visit by UKBA staff, processing times will be significantly longer. It will help us to deal with your application if you can ensure that you have submitted all the required documentation, paid the correct fee and are available for a visit by UKBA officers, should one be necessary. Guidance on documentation and fees can be found on our website: www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/workingintheuk
Please be assured that we are doing all that we can to ensure that delays, in considering applications, are not prolonged."

hashmil
Sri Lanka

Post by hashmil » Wed Oct 10, 2012 3:40 pm

Further update..

so we had to send 4 documents for the application to register. And they came back saying that they have only accepted two of them, and the other two we supplied couldn't be verified. so they have asked us to send those ASAP, which we are organising now.

hashmil
Sri Lanka

Post by hashmil » Wed Oct 10, 2012 3:54 pm

Further update..

so we had to send 4 documents for the application to register. And they came back saying that they have only accepted two of them, and the other two we supplied couldn't be verified. so they have asked us to send those ASAP, which we are organising now.

Asim3210
Newly Registered

Post by Asim3210 » Thu Oct 11, 2012 8:02 pm

hashmil wrote:A quick update on what's happening. My PSW visa expires on the 27th. We emailed them, and got this response. (Sponsor Licensing Support <SponsorLicensing.Support@UKBA.gsi.gov.uk>)

"Thank you for your enquiry regarding the status of your application. We can confirm that your application is being treated as urgent and will be assigned to a caseworker shortly.
Due to the high level of sponsor licence applications which continue to be received, casework processing times are currently taking longer than our published service standard of 4 weeks. If your application requires further consideration, such as further documentation or a visit by UKBA staff, processing times will be significantly longer. It will help us to deal with your application if you can ensure that you have submitted all the required documentation, paid the correct fee and are available for a visit by UKBA officers, should one be necessary. Guidance on documentation and fees can be found on our website: www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/workingintheuk
Please be assured that we are doing all that we can to ensure that delays, in considering applications, are not prolonged."
Hi Hashmil, Did you send them the copy of your passport? how long was your visa left when you asked them for urgent treatment?

Thanks

hashmil
Sri Lanka

Post by hashmil » Thu Oct 11, 2012 11:20 pm

Asim3210 wrote:
hashmil wrote:A quick update on what's happening. My PSW visa expires on the 27th. We emailed them, and got this response. (Sponsor Licensing Support <SponsorLicensing.Support@UKBA.gsi.gov.uk>)

Hi Hashmil, Did you send them the copy of your passport? how long was your visa left when you asked them for urgent treatment?

Thanks
Hey. We sent the request when we had 15 working days left but initially got an email saying to contact them only when 10 workings days of the visa I left. We were planning to do that but yesterday they got back to us.

Asim3210
Newly Registered

Post by Asim3210 » Sat Oct 13, 2012 10:19 am

hashmil wrote:
Asim3210 wrote:

Thanks
Hey. We sent the request when we had 15 working days left but initially got an email saying to contact them only when 10 workings days of the visa I left. We were planning to do that but yesterday they got back to us.

so your company license is issued now? is that correct? did you get unrestricted COS with the grant of license?