ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouce ILR withouth switching to FLR(M) in PEO- WP 196D(ii)

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

hemalay

Spouce ILR withouth switching to FLR(M) in PEO- WP 196D(ii)

Post by hemalay » Tue Oct 09, 2012 11:43 am

I was on five year work permit issued in May 2008.
My wife joined me in 2006 as student dependent and then again as Work permit dependent in 2008.

I got my ILR under long residency 10 year rules in June 2012.

All the new rules are as clear as mud and I was told by everyone that I can not apply ILR directly for my wife.

I booked a PEO appointment for 08th October for FLR(M) appointment.

Sushdmehta advised me to use section 196D(ii) and apply directly for ILR.

Yesterday we went for our FLR (M) appointment but I only filled a SET(O) form with "Others" reason and mentioned section 196D(ii) in the form and also prepared a cover letter.

We were 5 minutes early and were sent out of the building for five minutes.
We went through airport style security were issued a ticket number on ground floor. nobody noticed that i had appointment for FLR(M) and not FLR(o).
Then we were sent to First floor and made payment of £1377, again no qiuestion asked about type of appointment then one caseworker (sri lankan descent) checked out our application and he was very confused he left his seat three time to check with his colleague.

Then he asked me why are you applying in "Bereaved partner" category

:shock:

Obviously he could not see in one line and when I told him this is other category I have ticked to. He was really embarrassed.

He stamped the form and sent us to 2nd Floor for biometric.

We had biometrics then were called to a window. I gave caseworker my form and she looked confused then she asked for all supporting documents .
I gave her in bundles following from my file.

Wife's Passport
LIUK test and also ESOL test
My bank statements + Wage slips
Wifes's bank statements + Wage slips
Living together/ same address evidence for two years.

She took everything and asked us to comeback after lunch she was not specific/ reluctant about time . I had to tell her I will comeback at 2:00pm again in the same window.

We had Turkish Kebab Lunch from Croydon high street and went back to PEO just before 2:00pm.

Caseworker came back to window at sharp 2:00pm and asked for my passport then she said to my wife that she will be along with family and smiled.

We had to wait till 3:30 with other people as ther was problem with printers and one caseworker came out side and announced there are delays.

Our case worker came back at 3:30and gave us all the document and two letters telling us about ILR and BRP.

Hope my long post is helpfull.
Today is the tomorrow you worried about yesterday

altfhn
Bangladesh

Re: Spouce ILR withouth switching to FLR(M) in PEO- WP 196D(

Post by altfhn » Wed Oct 10, 2012 11:24 pm

congrate....

could you please let us know
On what basis you applied for her?

Thanks

Giritrah
Newly Registered

Re: Spouce ILR withouth switching to FLR(M) in PEO- WP 196D(

Post by Giritrah » Thu Oct 11, 2012 1:10 am

hemalay wrote:I was on five year work permit issued in May 2008.
My wife joined me in 2006 as student dependent and then again as Work permit dependent in 2008.

I got my ILR under long residency 10 year rules in June 2012.

All the new rules are as clear as mud and I was told by everyone that I can not apply ILR directly for my wife.

I booked a PEO appointment for 08th October for FLR(M) appointment.

Sushdmehta advised me to use section 196D(ii) and apply directly for ILR.

Yesterday we went for our FLR (M) appointment but I only filled a SET(O) form with "Others" reason and mentioned section 196D(ii) in the form and also prepared a cover letter.

We were 5 minutes early and were sent out of the building for five minutes.
We went through airport style security were issued a ticket number on ground floor. nobody noticed that i had appointment for FLR(M) and not FLR(o).
Then we were sent to First floor and made payment of £1377, again no qiuestion asked about type of appointment then one caseworker (sri lankan descent) checked out our application and he was very confused he left his seat three time to check with his colleague.

Then he asked me why are you applying in "Bereaved partner" category

:shock:

Obviously he could not see in one line and when I told him this is other category I have ticked to. He was really embarrassed.

He stamped the form and sent us to 2nd Floor for biometric.

We had biometrics then were called to a window. I gave caseworker my form and she looked confused then she asked for all supporting documents .
I gave her in bundles following from my file.

Wife's Passport
LIUK test and also ESOL test
My bank statements + Wage slips
Wifes's bank statements + Wage slips
Living together/ same address evidence for two years.

She took everything and asked us to comeback after lunch she was not specific/ reluctant about time . I had to tell her I will comeback at 2:00pm again in the same window.

We had Turkish Kebab Lunch from Croydon high street and went back to PEO just before 2:00pm.

Caseworker came back to window at sharp 2:00pm and asked for my passport then she said to my wife that she will be along with family and smiled.

We had to wait till 3:30 with other people as ther was problem with printers and one caseworker came out side and announced there are delays.

Our case worker came back at 3:30and gave us all the document and two letters telling us about ILR and BRP.

Hope my long post is helpfull.
my situation is same but my wife is in USA on H1B and also hold work permit dependant UK visa valid till may-2013, but my workpermit(may-2008 to may-2013) is recently shifted to ILR on 10 yrs basis.

1.can she apply for set(o) in USA basing on this
2.recently sushdmehta told that she has to apply for flr(m) to get the entry clearance and comes under new rules etc etc.....but your situation gives me hopes if i can utilise this option

Please Advise.

Thanks

hemalay

Post by hemalay » Fri Oct 12, 2012 4:12 pm

@altfhn : My wife was as Spouce/Dependent of Work permit holder and I got my ILR on 10 year basis. My wife got her ILR in "others" category.

@Giritrah : Only problem I can see in you case is your wife entering back into UK on WP spouse/ dependent visa.

I am not sure you can apply for ILR in USA on Set (O) form.
Today is the tomorrow you worried about yesterday

vinny

Post by vinny » Sat Oct 13, 2012 2:38 am

hemalay wrote:I am not sure you can apply for ILR in USA on Set (O) form.
Cannot.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

Giritrah
Newly Registered

Post by Giritrah » Sat Oct 13, 2012 4:17 am

vinny wrote:
hemalay wrote:I am not sure you can apply for ILR in USA on Set (O) form.
Cannot.
Thanks a lot Hemalay/ and Vinny
For your suggestions
but can u confirm if its ok,if I have 2 jobs amounting to 23k to sponsor my wife and son because the VAF4A financial requirement form has got the page where it asks details of only 1 job,
Does it have to be only one job?
Thanks again

cy2012
Newly Registered

Post by cy2012 » Tue Oct 16, 2012 3:09 pm

Many congratulations! It is very useful for the spouses of ILR applicants based on long residence.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Tue Oct 16, 2012 11:36 pm

cy2012 wrote:Many congratulations! It is very useful for the spouses of ILR applicants based on long residence.
Useful only if the person applying for settlement under long residence was a WP / HSMP JR (non PBS) mgrant at the time of settlement application and the dependant of such person is currently on a WP / HSMP JR dependant leave.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

Mako
Newly Registered

Post by Mako » Mon Oct 29, 2012 12:34 pm

Thank you very much for sharing your story hemalay!!! Me and my wife are in exactly the same situation!!! Could you please provide me with further information on what exactly you wrote under your reasons for using form SET (O)? My wife's application has been refused twice now (Glasgow & Solihull PEOs). Maybe we should request Croydon PEO....