ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier-1 general extension - Umbrella company

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

avaya
Newly Registered

Tier-1 general extension - Umbrella company

Post by avaya » Tue Oct 09, 2012 12:44 pm

Hello,

I am currently working as a Contractor but registered through an umbrella company. I have my extension in another 3 months time and I need some suggestions.

1. Currently I am earning about £2000(this is based on my total hours for that month) a month (which will be invoiced to the company). The umbrella company then pay the NI and Tax and also service charges etc and after everything I will receive about 1550 to my bank account. My question is which one will be treated as gross salary 2000 or 1550?

2. During submission of visa I think I have to submit a Accountant's letter. Is that the letter from umbrella company, if so what details I need to submit..example.... gross salary, name, since when employed and bank details the money going to ..(anything else missing?)?

Thanks in advance. Can any one answer the above questions please

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Tue Oct 09, 2012 2:29 pm

1. See Tier 1 Extension - Issue with Earnings via Umbrella....
2. You are not self-employed so accountant letter is not a valid evidence.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!