ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR success at Solihull - WP + Tier 2

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

vinu1310
Newly Registered

ILR success at Solihull - WP + Tier 2

Post by vinu1310 » Thu Aug 23, 2012 11:30 am

Hi,

I got my ILR approved on the 21/08/2012, just sharing my experience.

My appointment was at 09:30 am, reached the office at 8:45, went in, was asked to wait for the token. After my token number was called at 9:20 (10 mins early), I went to see the case worker. She asked for the application form (SET O), current and previous passport and my BRP (Tier 2). After making some initial checks she asked for the employer letter, Life in UK test letter, latest payslip and latest bank statement. After doing some more checks she came and told me that ILR will be granted and I can make the payment now. I was so relieved to hear that. I made the payment and then went for the biometric. After getting the biometric done they asked me to come back in an hour. After an hour (@ 11:00 am) I went and collected my documents. They said that the BRP will be received in 7-10 working days. So now waiting for my BRP.

I took the following documents for the appointment
1. Application Form SET(O)
2. 2 photographs
3. Employer Letter (It mentioned the SOC code, my salary, confirmation that I am being payed above the standard and I will be needed in future as well).
4. Passports (previous and current)
5. Biometric Residence Permit which I got while applying for the extension (Tier 2 using transitional arrangements)
6. 6 Bank Statements
7. 6 Pay slips
8. Life in UK Test certificate
9. 5 P60s (all with the current employer)
10. Previous Work Permit
11. A spreadsheet covering all the absences.
12. Photocopy of everything.

Although very few documents were asked but I think it is safer to carry all these documents.

I would like to Thank everyone on this forum. This forum is great. I got all my answers on this forum.

If anyone needs any information I will be more than happy to answer it.

Regards,

Ozair

Post by Ozair » Thu Aug 23, 2012 11:37 am

How many P60s did the case worker look at?

I definitely have the most recent one but i will have to find the previous ones.

Did you copy the entry/exit stamps on the passport?

vinu1310
Newly Registered

Post by vinu1310 » Thu Aug 23, 2012 11:48 am

Ozair, The case worker didn't look at any P60. May be because I am with the same employer.

I took a photocopy of all the pages that contain personal details, visas or immigration stamps (any country).

I did make a sheet of all the absences but the case worker didn't look into that. She checked the "Section 6 - Immigration History" regarding the absences.

vinu1310
Newly Registered

Post by vinu1310 » Thu Aug 23, 2012 11:51 am

Just now I received my BRP as well, really surprised to get it so early. Checked the details and everything is fine.

Ozair

Post by Ozair » Thu Aug 23, 2012 11:54 am

Thanks and congratulations.

wiqram

attestation

Post by wiqram » Thu Aug 23, 2012 1:14 pm

vinu1310 - did you attest your payslips and p60 from your employer by any chance? or did you just take the printouts of these documents to PEO?

Also, do you feel it is compulsory to have the SoC Code mentioned in the employment letter?

vinu1310
Newly Registered

Post by vinu1310 » Thu Aug 23, 2012 1:50 pm

wiqram, I did attest the payslips from my employer but I didn't attest the P60.

Regarding SoC code, if you see the application form, in Section 11 for Tier 2 migrants it does says that the letter from sponsor should contain "- the nearest applicable SOC code which best describes your employment". So I think it is better if you have the SoC code mentioned in the letter.

Smam

Post by Smam » Thu Aug 23, 2012 3:00 pm

Hi

Lots and lots of heartiest congratulations on getting your ILR and thanks a lot for sharing your PEO experience with us on the forum.

My question is that why have you attested your payslips from your employer are you getting your payslips online ?? I dont think so that any one who's not getting the payslips online will have to attest their Payslips from their employers.

The other thing I wanted to ask you is that is your employer has got the License from the UKBA to employ foreign people I am here on a WP 5 years with the same employer will be applying for my ILR soon so I was just wondering if this question is being asked from you on your ILR appointment I know that it has got nothing to do with you personally but its more to do with your employer cause when I got my WP back in 2007 there were no such requirements for any employer to have any kind of license and ever since after that my employer didn't employed any one from abroad so it didn't needed the license that's what apprantely I've been told by my employer dont know I haven't got much choice left a part from trusting my employers that's all about it.

Many thanks and waiting for your reply.

Good luck for the future.

vinu1310
Newly Registered

Post by vinu1310 » Thu Aug 23, 2012 3:24 pm

Smam,

Thanks for your wishes.

Yes, I get my payslips online and that is why I got them attested. And yes you are correct, if you getting originals then there is no need to get them attested.

I also got my WP in 2007 but that was only for 3 years and during that time the rules changed. So in 2010 when I wanted to extend, I explained to the employer and they applied for the license and then I was able to apply for the extension using Transitional Arrangements. But during my ILR interview with the caseworker, she didn't asked me anything about my employer's license. I personally feel that your employer do not need a license for you to apply ILR.

Regards,

Smam

Post by Smam » Thu Aug 23, 2012 6:05 pm

Hi

Many thanks for your prompt reply mate. Thanks a million.

Good luck for the future once again.

Joybv
Newly Registered

P60's

Post by Joybv » Thu Aug 23, 2012 6:30 pm

Hi. I just want to suggest, it's better to bring your 5years P60's. If you don't have it all just phone HM revenue for the summary of your P60's. Here in Belfast UKBA, they are asking for P60's even you're on work permit or Tier 2. It's better to be prepared than being sorry.

vinu1310
Newly Registered

Post by vinu1310 » Fri Aug 24, 2012 10:11 am

Joybv, I agree with you. I carried all the P60s just in case if the Case worker asks for it.

zoya888
Newly Registered

ILR success @vinu1310

Post by zoya888 » Fri Aug 24, 2012 1:30 pm

Hi,

Congratulations for the ILR.

I am looking to apply for ILR shortly too and wanted to check with you that when you completed the form, it asks for the Salary per hour and per annum in section 5.5 (page 11). Did you complete it with the salary you get paid per annum.

Did you ever mentioned the actual salary indicated in the SOC guidance to be filled in the form?

I have the letter from the employer with my salary, hours, and appropriateness etc and the soc code.

Just that I am getting a little confused when completing the form. I believe i just have to document my salary (per annum) as the SOC code indicates per annum salary requirement. and forget the per hour thing.

This section 5.5 on page 11 of SET O is causing chaos as it keeps mentioning (as stated in the Code of Practice).

Please advise. Many thanks

Smam

Post by Smam » Fri Aug 24, 2012 2:59 pm

Hi Zoya888,

Common sense should have to dictate here my friend UKBA will never ever ask you write some thing which information is already available to them on their website.

So
Just that I am getting a little confused when completing the form. I believe i just have to document my salary (per annum) as the SOC code indicates per annum salary requirement. and forget the per hour thing.
I agree with your above quote you've to write your salary and other stuffs and then the CW will do the comparrison by their selves if you're stating is right or wrong that's all about it simple answer. and there's no need to get confused at all what so ever.

Please do kindly share your PEO experience with us on the forum.

Good luck for your ILR.

zoya888
Newly Registered

Smam

Post by zoya888 » Fri Aug 24, 2012 3:36 pm

Hi,

Thanks for the reassurance. I am aware that the information is available in the public domain but the SOC code in my case indicates 4 bands of salary.

and we havnt mentioned the exact band of salary that my salary falls into in the application neither in the letter. Thus, need clarity if we need to be prepared in case the CW asks about the band my salary relates for a like for like comparison.

Although- another adviser I consulted advised not the mention the band and it should be okay as long as the letter states that the salary is at appropriate level.

Nevertheless I prefer to confirm?

Thanks

Gssingh2385
Newly Registered

Same query

Post by Gssingh2385 » Tue Oct 09, 2012 1:28 pm

Thats really great for you!

I have asimilar situation and people on the forum have been really nice.

I have tier 2 with a company but only been with them for 10 months. Last 4 yrs and 2 months wan a work permit with another Company - although no breaks in the middle.

I guess they will be looking at P60s from the other Company then.

I did have a few questions though

Were you on anindividual appointment or with a rep?
What method did you use to pay?
What was the format of your sponsorship letter?

Thanks very much

vinu1310
Newly Registered

Post by vinu1310 » Sat Oct 13, 2012 8:40 am

Hi,

To answer your questions

1) I made an individual appointment. I was with the same company for 5 years and I thought it is straight forward application.
2) I paid by Credit Card. I did inform my credit card provider that there will be a big transaction in case they try to block it.
3) I hope you mean the employer letter. I got the format from this immigration board itself but not able to find the link but here is the sample of the letter which I used

Date:

To Whom It May Concern:

This is to state that [Name of the applicant] is presently employed with [Name of the company] since [Start date of employment] and presently holds the job title of [Job Title].

His current salary is GBP [Salary] which is above the appropriate rate of GBP [SoC code salary] specified as per SOC [SoC code] for [Designation] as stated in the code of practice for Tier 2 sponsors. The above mentioned SOC code and Job title have been chosen to reflect the closest match to [Applicant Name]’s current designation and associated job responsibilities.

[Applicant Name]’s services as an employee are still required and he will continue to remain employed with [Name of the Company] in the foreseeable future.

Should you have a need for any additional information or further clarifications in the matter, please feel free to get in touch with the undersigned.

Yours faithfully,

[Name of Signatory]
[Designation]

[Phone No.:xxxxxxxx]
[Email: xxxxxxxxxxxx]

Hope this helps. Regarding P60s I think it is better to carry all the P60s; I did that in case if they ask.

All the best for your application.

Kind Regards,