ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 (Gen) Dependent Visa - Affidavit Required ?

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Khurram545
Member of Standing

Tier 2 (Gen) Dependent Visa - Affidavit Required ?

Post by Khurram545 » Wed Mar 07, 2012 12:44 pm

Hi All,

My family is going to apply for dependent visa, as I am here as TIER 2 Gen immigrant in UK. Gerry call centre in Pakistan asked to have an affidavit from me, please guide me is it must to have and do I need to present it on plain paper or it must be signed by notary public in UK (Note , I found nowhere to have such a requirement by UKBA)

Thanks

doc44
- thin ice -

Re: Tier 2 (Gen) Dependent Visa - Affidavit Required ?

Post by doc44 » Mon Mar 12, 2012 9:56 pm

Khurram545 wrote:Hi All,

My family is going to apply for dependent visa, as I am here as TIER 2 Gen immigrant in UK. Gerry call centre in Pakistan asked to have an affidavit from me, please guide me is it must to have and do I need to present it on plain paper or it must be signed by notary public in UK (Note , I found nowhere to have such a requirement by UKBA)

Thanks
Hi Khurram,

I did send a sponsorship letter (signed and dated by me) confirming that we are married, she is solely my responsibility and that I can maintain and accommodate her fully on my own and that all the related documents are attached. No affidavit was needed. It was 2.5 years back.

Khurram545
Member of Standing

Post by Khurram545 » Tue Mar 13, 2012 4:13 pm

@doc44

Problem is with Gerrys , they say affidavit must have a legal value.
Khurram

ukvisaapp
Newly Registered

Post by ukvisaapp » Tue Oct 09, 2012 1:07 pm

Hi Khurram,

I am being the told the same by Gerry's that I need to submit an Affidavit stating that my dependant will not claim uk public funds. Could you please let me know how did you end up doing your application? Were you required to submit any other documents such as sponsorship letter etc.? Did you use legal paper or any solicitor to get the Affidavit? Also did you have to get any of the photocopies attested in the UK before sending back for the application?

Your help and advice will be highly appreciated.

Thanks,
A

makky86
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by makky86 » Tue Oct 09, 2012 2:56 pm

ukvisaapp wrote:Hi Khurram,

I am being the told the same by Gerry's that I need to submit an Affidavit stating that my dependant will not claim uk public funds. Could you please let me know how did you end up doing your application? Were you required to submit any other documents such as sponsorship letter etc.? Did you use legal paper or any solicitor to get the Affidavit? Also did you have to get any of the photocopies attested in the UK before sending back for the application?

Thanks,
A
You do not need any Affidavit. Gerrys Pakistan are mixed up with different categories.
This requirement is for spouse visa where main applicant is British National or Settled.

Gerrys will ask you to provide anything. But a covering letter with your signature would do (Even its not required)

Khurram545
Member of Standing

Post by Khurram545 » Tue Oct 09, 2012 3:10 pm

Thanks,
A
What I did , I printed my statement (Affidavet ) of a plain paper and get signted and stamped by a notry pulic in the UK. any photo copies which i provided not attested. other supporting docs were

Sponsorship letter by me.
Fresh Employement letter by my company.
Tenency agreement
House inventory report which I got at time of tenency agreement.
Utility Bill
Bank Statement of UK Bank which reflect my salary
N.O.C. letter by letting agenncy that they would not have any problem once my family will be here.
maintence letter for my family by employer (that was for additonal to support the case)
Khurram

makky86
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by makky86 » Tue Oct 09, 2012 3:23 pm

Khurram545 wrote:

Thanks,
A
What I did , I printed my statement (Affidavet ) of a plain paper and get signted and stamped by a notry pulic in the UK. any photo copies which i provided not attested. other supporting docs were

Tenency agreement
Utility Bill
N.O.C. letter by letting agenncy that they would not have any problem once my family will be here.
maintence letter for my family by employer (that was for additonal to support the case)
Just to let you know most of the visa refusal from Pakistan are not showing that marriage is subsisting.

Please make sure you have enough evidences to prove that.

Khurram545
Member of Standing

Post by Khurram545 » Tue Oct 09, 2012 3:32 pm

muhdkhokhar wrote:
Khurram545 wrote:

Thanks,
A

Tenency agreement
Utility Bill
Just to let you know most of the visa refusal from Pakistan are not showing that marriage is subsisting.

I above list of docs which I provided from UK , my family provided other docs e.g. Nikkah Nama which was endorsed by Cannt Board (any authority in you area) plus marriage pictures.
Khurram

makky86
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by makky86 » Tue Oct 09, 2012 3:43 pm

Khurram545 wrote:
muhdkhokhar wrote:
Khurram545 wrote:

Thanks,
A

Tenency agreement
Utility Bill

I above list of docs which I provided from UK , my family provided other docs e.g. Nikkah Nama which was endorsed by Cannt Board (any authority in you area) plus marriage pictures.
That wont be enough. They could refuse it.

You better attach like :

Evidence of Relationship

• Original Marriage Certificate registered and endorsed by UNION Council(Nikaah Nama)

• English Translated Marriage Certificate attested by 17th Grade Govt. Officer

• Marriage Registration Certification (English) from NADRA registered and endorsed by Union Council

• Wedding Photographs

• Receipt from Marriage Hall where Marriage ceremony took place / Wedding Card

Evidences to prove that the Relationship is subsisting:

• Phone Bills

• Email Prints

• Skype Chat and Call Logs

• Ticket print out from United Kingdom to Pakistan to attend wedding

• Copy of my Passport Page showing entry stamp to Pakistan for wedding

Khurram545
Member of Standing

Post by Khurram545 » Tue Oct 09, 2012 4:03 pm

You better attach like :

Evidence of Relationship

• Original Marriage Certificate registered and endorsed by UNION Council(Nikaah Nama)

• Marriage Registration Certification (English) from NADRA registered and endorsed by Union Council

• Wedding Photographs

• Phone Bills

• Email Prints

it varies case to case , I did not provide any phone bill, chat and skype calls , like chats are totally private things and that may required for settlement cases , if newly married couple then may help to provide wedding and honeymoon pictures and tickets
Khurram

makky86
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by makky86 » Tue Oct 09, 2012 4:09 pm

Khurram545 wrote:

You better attach like :

Evidence of Relationship

• Wedding Photographs

• Phone Bills

• Email Prints

it varies case to case , I did not provide any phone bill, chat and skype calls , like chats are totally private things and that may required for settlement cases , if newly married couple then may help to provide wedding and honeymoon pictures and tickets
okay fine. Sir !!

ukvisaapp
Newly Registered

Post by ukvisaapp » Wed Oct 10, 2012 11:16 am

Thanks a ton guys! Really appreciate the help!

So I shall now stop worrying about the affidavit, simply write a sponsorship letter, sign it and hopefully good to go.

Rest of the stuff is there such as proof of marriage, relationship etc. in form of endorsed nikkah nama, pictures, etc..

Thanks,
A