ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FINALLY BBC COVERAGE

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

freebirds

Post by freebirds » Thu Jan 18, 2007 8:37 am

it help india in terms of forex u would be sending ur family once u earn 200k per annum in UK.

Cheated

Post by Cheated » Thu Jan 18, 2007 9:10 am

Remittances by NRIs and others of Indian origin are one of India's highest foreign exchange earners, I've heard.

And even if it isn't, this HSMP betrayal story is any day of more significance than Shilpa Shetty and that scum Jade's fights.

Cheated

Post by Cheated » Thu Jan 18, 2007 9:26 am

Thank you Times of India for that.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/NEWS ... 259868.cms

Below is the letter I wrote back to the Times editor. I hope you do too. Every drop counts.

Dear Sir

Thanks for highlighting this betrayal.

Thousands of Indians now find themselves in limbo after the British Government decided to "move the goalpost".

I hope this 'HSMP nightmare' does not sink under the Shilpa Shetty vs Jade fights.

Shilpa is getting paid for it, and if things are so bad she can walk out of it.

What about us common people? If we were earning like rubbish stars we would not have come here in the first place.

Thanks

olisun
Diamond Member

Post by olisun » Thu Jan 18, 2007 9:31 am

freebirds wrote:it help india in terms of forex u would be sending ur family once u earn 200k per annum in UK.
Then the British govt. will see this as the money flowing out of their country...

shockboy2000
Member of Standing

Post by shockboy2000 » Thu Jan 18, 2007 9:32 am

freebirds wrote:it help india in terms of forex u would be sending ur family once u earn 200k per annum in UK.
i have 2 (friendly) comments:

1) surely those capable/with potential of earning 200K+ pounds per year, would have no problem of meeting the twenty something thousand required for a HSMP renewal ? therefore be least likely to require Indian govt assistance?

2) whilst i agree this may benefit India, it doesnt send a good message to the UK government that your main goal of being in the UK is purely to send money back home and not participate/invest in the local economy.
I cant talk though...i send most of my money back to Oz, and i was wondering if that would go against me with my HSMP renewal...