ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

LIST OF ALL COMPANIES QUALIFIED FOR SPONSORSHIP LICENCE?

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

pgoy
Newly Registered

LIST OF ALL COMPANIES QUALIFIED FOR SPONSORSHIP LICENCE?

Post by pgoy » Tue Oct 09, 2012 6:05 pm

Hi Guys, I am new here, but feeling very lucky that I found there are so many people having/suffering the same problem as I have, "Bloody TIER 2 WORK PERMIT" visa!!!

Excuse me for the word bloody(actually, I don't think bloody is strong enough for me, just don't want to use F word here and TBH I don't know that much of swearing words), but I think after couple of yrs under Tier2 WP, you may have the same feeling as I do now. It is a shit deal. But you have to suck it. And let me tell you why. There might be loads of other reasons to call it a shit deal, but I just list 4 main ones that drive me crazy.

1. To be able to get a permanent job in another company rather than the company you currently working for, you need to sort out your visa FIRST, and as you know, nowadays not that many companies have sponsorship license(Abbr. as SL) or would like to provide you with that, EVEN after you have promised to pay for all the application fee of SL yourself. That normally pulled my CV out of the job market. Even they agreed to apply the SL, and submitted all the documents as required, there is still a good chance that they failed to get one, no matter how big the company is.

2. For anyone under Tier 2 WP visa, you should NOT be a director role of any company, neither of the company created by your own. Everything you do should be in the interest of the your sponsor. Freelancing? You can freelance, but how you are reimbursed is finally decided by your sponsor with the relevant payment checks collected from your client. Then the company pay you on whatever you agreed on.

3. Pray every single day for your sponsor's business to run well enough in order to be able to survive the economic crisis flood, because, if the company falls off, your visa will be invalid immediately.

Last but not least, for all the above reasons, you will need to suffer it for a full 5 years, if you want apply for a settlement visa after all.

That is why I call it a shit deal. But anyway I appreciate everything my company has done for me.

As recently, I start looking for a new job, both permanent and contracted, getting 5 phone calls every day for about two weeks, with all stuck at providing SL. So I put SL as required for any permanent role on my CV, and now I am getting full peace. :shock:

Ok, here is the 100 BPs question jumping out of my mind one day, IS THERE SOMETHING LIKE A LIST OF ALL COMPANIES ALREADY QUALIFIED FOR SPONSORSHIP LICENSE? That will save me loads of time and I would NOT mind paying for it. :P

WaitingontheUKBA

Post by WaitingontheUKBA » Tue Oct 09, 2012 6:13 pm

PGOY - the UKBA publies a list of registered sponsors here

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... ofsponsors

pgoy
Newly Registered

Post by pgoy » Tue Oct 09, 2012 8:11 pm

great stuff, do not know what to say, Genius? :D

colekata
Newly Registered

Re: LIST OF ALL COMPANIES QUALIFIED FOR SPONSORSHIP LICENCE?

Post by colekata » Wed Aug 20, 2014 4:49 am

Updated list is available here:

https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... rs-workers

Right now this is the most updated version:

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... -08-19.pdf