ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Getting documents back - can anyone please advise

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

skstorm
Newly Registered

Getting documents back - can anyone please advise

Post by skstorm » Mon Oct 08, 2012 9:27 am

Hello, could anyone tell me how long it takes the home office to return your documents if you submit yourself via post?
Also if they haven't already sent them back can you ask for them to be returned without it affecting your application.
We are due to apply in December but will need the passports around March time.

skstorm
Newly Registered

Post by skstorm » Tue Oct 09, 2012 2:58 pm

anyone???

Gyfrinachgar
Member of Standing

Post by Gyfrinachgar » Tue Oct 09, 2012 4:24 pm

According to current statistics (see the clubs), there is a chance that HO will be done within 3 months - but I would definitely not count on it. You can request the passport back earlier if you need it - do that at the very least three weeks prior to leaving the country. The far better alternative in this case is to use the NCS services - you keep your passport and don't have to hand it in at all.

skstorm
Newly Registered

Post by skstorm » Tue Oct 09, 2012 6:14 pm

I really wanted to use NCS but he doesn't have any holidays left to attend an appointment so was looking at the alternative